Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Saving Mod in a variable
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Saving Mod in a variable Post 303008048 by mukulverma2408 on Sunday 26th of November 2017 11:08:25 AM
Old 11-26-2017
Hello Experts,

How can i do this with array, this is what I am trying :
Code:
num=$( echo "${arr[i]}%2" | bc )

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving output from awk into a perl variable

How would I pass awk output to a perl variable? For example, I want to save the value in the 4th column into the variable called test. My best guess is something as follow, but I am sure this isn't correct. $test = system("awk '/NUMBER/{print \$4}' $_"); (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

saving awk value in a bash array variable

hi all i am trying to save an awk value into an array in bash: total=`awk '{sum+=$3} END {print sum}' "$count".txt"` ((count++)) the above statement is in a while loop.. $count is to keep track of file numbers (1.txt,2.txt,3.txt,etc.) i get the following error: ./lines1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

saving command output to a variable

Hello, I have a shell script containing a command string in the following format: command1 | command2 | cut -c9-16 The output from this is a record number (using characters 9-16 of the original output string) e.g. ORD-1234 I wish to save this value to a variable for use in later commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: philjo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with capturing homedir via ssh and saving to variable

I need to capture the homedir using the ssh command and then saving it to a variable. The results from the following command is what I need to capture to a variable: NOTE: the value I'm getting back is also incorrect. as it seems to be getting the home dir from the local server and not the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reneuend
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble saving variable

Hi, I have problems when you save a variable of a command. I have put the following line: CONEXION_BAGDAD = $ (grep-c "Please login with USER and PASS" $ LOG_FILE_BAGDAD) But I returned the following error: syntax error at line 67: `CONEXION_BAGDAD = $ 'unexpected Because it can happen?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danietepa
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for saving oracle database records in variable

i want to retrieve value in each column of each row in sql plus and save them into array variable and echo the value in array variable (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramish
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Non trivial file splitting, saving with variable filename

Hello, Although I have found similar questions, I could not find advice that could help with our problem. The issue: We have a few thousands text files (books). Each book has many chapters. Each chapter is identified by a cite-key. We need to split each of those book files by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samask
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unwanted execution instead of saving to environment variable

My .bash_profile file: source $HOME/build.variables My build.variables file: export threads="$(${threads:-$(lscpu | egrep "CPU\(s\):|Thread" | $]\)\n. *Thread.*\(]\)@\1*\2@;Ta")])})"threads=$(lscpu | egrep "CPU\(s\):|Thread" | $]\)\n.*Thread.*\(]\)@\1*\2@;Ta")The above codes when not comment out... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlieandlinux
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - saving results of external script to variable.

So, I've been playing with speeding up some analysis we do by using multiple threads of awk (actually, mawk, but code-compatible as far as I use it) on multiple CPU cores. So, I have a big data file and I have several copies of exactly the same processor script, written in mawk. I also have a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
8 Replies
GET_DEFINED_FUNCTIONS(3)						 1						  GET_DEFINED_FUNCTIONS(3)

get_defined_functions - Returns an array of all defined functions

SYNOPSIS
array get_defined_functions (void ) DESCRIPTION
Gets an array of all defined functions. RETURN VALUES
Returns a multidimensional array containing a list of all defined functions, both built-in (internal) and user-defined. The internal func- tions will be accessible via $arr["internal"], and the user defined ones using $arr["user"] (see example below). EXAMPLES
Example #1 get_defined_functions(3) example <?php function myrow($id, $data) { return "<tr><th>$id</th><td>$data</td></tr> "; } $arr = get_defined_functions(); print_r($arr); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array ( [internal] => Array ( [0] => zend_version [1] => func_num_args [2] => func_get_arg [3] => func_get_args [4] => strlen [5] => strcmp [6] => strncmp ... [750] => bcscale [751] => bccomp ) [user] => Array ( [0] => myrow ) ) SEE ALSO
function_exists(3), get_defined_vars(3), get_defined_constants(3), get_declared_classes(3). PHP Documentation Group GET_DEFINED_FUNCTIONS(3)