Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to change a PS attribute? Post 303008024 by Eskizoide on Saturday 25th of November 2017 01:27:44 PM
Old 11-25-2017
So useful, thank you very much Scott, i think im staying here Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

File attribute Help please

Could anyone help i have a question that i have a problem with for my home work it is, How do i change file permissions in a command line enviromet thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cube3k
1 Replies

2. Programming

UNIX->C++ File attribute

Hi to all, I need in Microsoft C++ to IDENTIFY unix files which are LINKS. I use CFTPFILEFIND class. Thanks :-) .:rolleyes: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mizrachi
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic Attribute Changes

Hello , I am stuck out in a part of my script, though I am trying it through a script of loops but i emphasis on having a short code : Input file has Attribute values changing with time Date Monday October 30 10:22:56 IST 2006 object values references Date ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_aparna
8 Replies

4. Red Hat

Password Attribute

Hello Friends , Where do i check the following settings in redhat ? 1. Minimum required number of characters in the password (passwordMinLength) 2. Minimum number of digit characters, meaning numbers between zero and nine (passwordMinDigits) 3. Minimum number of ASCII alphabetic... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
2 Replies

5. AIX

login attribute settign

Dears i need some assistance in implementing following scenario, as per audit observation we have restrict remote log in of specific users after official hours by clients, but the same user needs to be log in from LFT console round the clock(or any time after logout,because certain application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
1 Replies

6. Linux

Unable to get terminal attribute!

Hi, I'm using scli (Command line utility) to retrieve the information about qlogic HBA and I want to redirect the information to text file. * While execution I'm getting the following warning "Unable to get terminal attribute!" How to avoid that ? because of this "Unable to get terminal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shausy
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris Attribute Problems

When I modify the file attributes of files and run a ls -l to view the changes everything looks correct, however when I run the init 6 to reboot the server the file attributes devert back to the origininal read only permissions. Any help would be appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimcz2it
2 Replies

8. AIX

hacmp user attribute change

Hi Mine is a two node ha cluster. i have a user named sybase for whom i was asked to change the stack and memory value to unlimited in one of the node. i know that it can be done via smitty chuser. but will it impact as i will be doing the changes in only one of the node. the user sybase is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use xml_grep to get the value of an attribute?

I'm using xml_grep command to get the value of different tags in a xml-file. No i also need the value of an attribute in a tag. Can I use xml_grep for this? Does anybody know how? ex. : <Name xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLinst" xsi:spaceSchema="Name_5879.xsd"> ... </Name> I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pistach
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change attribute value in xml using shell script

hi, i am new to unix and i have a problem. -------------------------------------------------------------- sebben.xml <envelope> <email> sebben@example.com </email> </envelope> script_mail written in the vi editor. #!/bin/sh script to change the value in attribute <email> echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebbenw
3 Replies
serialize(2)							System Calls Manual						      serialize(2)

NAME
serialize() - force target process to run serially with other processes SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system call is used to force the target process referenced by the pid value passed in to run serially with other processes also marked for serialization. If the value of pid is zero, then the currently running process is marked for serialization. Once a process has been marked by the process stays marked until process completion, unless is reissued on the serialized process with timeshare set to 1. If timeshare is set to 1, the process specified in pid will be returned to normal timeshare scheduling algorithms. This call is used to improve process throughput since process throughput usually increases for large processes when they are executed seri- ally instead of allowing each program to run for only a short period of time. By running large processes one at a time, the system makes more efficient use of the CPU as well as system memory, since each process does not end up constantly faulting in its working set, to only have the pages stolen when another process starts running. As long as there is enough memory in the system, processes marked by behave no differently from other processes in the system. However, once memory becomes tight, processes marked by are run one at a time with the highest priority processes being run first. Each process runs for a finite interval of time before another serialized process is allowed to run. RETURN VALUE
returns zero upon successful completion, or nonzero if the system call failed. ERRORS
If fails, it sets (see errno(2)) to the following value: The pid passed in does not exist. WARNINGS
The user has no way of forcing an execution order on serialized processes. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
serialize(1), privileges(5). serialize(2)