Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filter using awk in CSV files Post 303008007 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 25th of November 2017 05:16:40 AM
Old 11-25-2017
First step, try:
Code:
awk -F, '{gsub(/^"|"" "$/, "", $16); print $16}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

csv files (with quoted commas) and awk

I have a file as follows: 1,"This is field 2",3,4,5 2,"This is field 2 it can contain one , comma",3,4,5 3,"This is field 2 it also, can, contain, more",3,4,5 4,"This is field 2 without extra commas",3,4,5 and i pass this through to awk: awk -F, ' { if (... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cranie
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

validation of data using filter (awk or other that works...) in csv files

Hello People I have the following file.csv: date,string,float,number,boolean 20080303,abc,1.5,123,Y 20080304,abc,1.2,345,N 20080229,nvh,1.4,098,Y 20080319,ugy,1.9,586,N 20080315,gyh,2.4,345,Y 20080316,erf,3.1,932,N I need to filter the date field where I have a data bigger than I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rafael.Buria
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to give multiple csv files as input in awk

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting..My problem is i want to give multiple csv files as input to awk script and process the data into one file.. My input file is File1 File2 File3 Product Location Period SalesPrice A x 8/11/2010 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvth
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge 2 csv files with awk

I have 2 files pipe delimted and want to merge them based on a key e.g file 1 123$aaa$yyy$zzz 345$xab$yzy$zyz 456$sss$ttt$foo 799$aaa$ggg$dee file 2 123$hhh 345$ddd 456$xxx 888$zzz so if the key is the first field, and the result should be the common key between file 1 and 2 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: loloAix
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK to match CSV files with duplicate patterns

Dear awk users, I am trying to use awk to match records across two moderately large CSV files. File1 is a pattern file with 173,200 lines, many of which are repeated. The order in which these lines are displayed is important, and I would like to preserve it. File2 is a data file with 456,000... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: isuewing
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk filter by columns of file csv

Hi, I would like extract some lines from file csv using awk , below the example: I have the file test.csv with in content below. FLUSSO;COD;DATA_LAV;ESITO ULL;78;17/09/2013;OL ULL;45;05/09/2013;Apertura NP;45;13/09/2013;Riallineamento ULLNP;78;17/09/2013;OL NPG;14;12/09/2013;AperturaTK... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: giankan
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk assistance - Comparing 2 csv files

Hello all, I have searched high and low for a solution to this, many have come really close but not quite what I'm after. I have 2 files. One contains GUID's, for example: 8121E002-96FE-4C9C-BC5A-6AFF20DACECD 84468F30-F3B7-418B-81F0-0908E80792BF A second file, contains a path to the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirmUK
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify csv-files with awk

Hello everyone! I have thousands of csv files I have to import into a Database table. As usually the files aren't perfect. For example they have a different number of columns and some weird columns. The second problem is, that I have to add 3 parts of the filename into 3 rows in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: elRonaldo
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk on csv files

wk on csv files Hi I have two csv files 1 ) keys.csv with data as below XX1,offsite XX2,offsite XX8,none XX3,offsite XX4,onsite XX7,none XX5,onsite XX6,onsite XX15,none 2) source.csv file with data like 1,0123,ppp,XX1 2,0122,sss,XX2 3,1239,yyy,XX8 4,567,kkk,XX5 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zozoo
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we filter the below log data into CSV format?

HI , I m looking for help here!!! Can we filter the below log data into CSV format ? timestamp INFO <text > - Some text Drive .. Need a format of separate field such as 1 2 3 4 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MohSalNiz
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)