Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 virtual - how do I tell physical host? Post 303007985 by hicksd8 on Friday 24th of November 2017 11:58:30 AM
Old 11-24-2017
Not sure that you know it's virtual from that.............

Code:
# uname -v

should say Generic_Virtual if it's NOT a physical box.

Also, this Oracle page lists commands that won't work on non-global zones.

Utilities That Do Not Work or Are Modified
in Non-Global Zones (System Administration Guide: Oracle Solaris Containers-Resource Management and Oracle Solaris Zones)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

get physical and virtual memory

What command can i use to get the physical and virtual memory of a database? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tads98
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris virtual machine access on host os

Hi I have two solaris 10 virtual machines on my Vista laptop. I want to access both machines using putty in vista. I used DHCP while installing virtual machines. one machine gets the ip address and other does not. What is the problem? can i assign a static ip address if yes how? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Physical or Virtual

Hi, I am on an Solaris machine "SunOS 5.10 Generic_139556-08 i86pc i386 i86pc"..how do i check if I am on an physical or an virtaul server. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoy
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vendor of physical host with Solaris OS

I have a machine with Solaris OS 10 installed. What command/file can give me the vendor of physical machine. I have a machine with AIX OS installed. What command/file can give me the vendor of physical machine. I have a machine with Linux OS installed. What command/file can give... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: epriya2003
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris - physical to virtual migration on the same M5000

Hello, Firstly, apologies if the theme of this post is discussed elsewhere. At the moment we have a dual-domain M5000 running. Each domain is running with equal amounts of CPU and memory. What we'd like to do is move the 2 hosts in question (1 per domain) to a Solaris 10 zone of it's zone.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nm146332
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server is virtual or physical?

Hi All, How can I know whether the server I am connecting to is a virtual or physical one? The server might be having any Unix OS (Linux/Solaris/HP-UX etc.). Is there any system files / commands which can show these concrete information? Thanks in advance for the replies. sanzee (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanzee007
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to count number of physical and virtual processors on Solaris machine.?

hi, I am using command psrinfo -p to check the number of physical processors present on any soalris machine.I want to check the number of virtual processors assigned for particular solaris machine. which command/set of command need to be used which can grep or show the total virtual processors... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
8 Replies

9. AIX

Need help on physical and virtual cpu

HI, I need a command to find, 1) Avaiable Physical CPU 2) Avaiable virtual CPU TIA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Migration of Solaris 10 on physical host to Solaris Zones

Hi All Kindly let me know how can I move Solaris 10 OS running update 10 on physical machine to another machine solaris zone running Solaris 10 update 11 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies