Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk find and delete line from list Post 303007793 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 21st of November 2017 08:43:30 PM
Old 11-21-2017
Why is awk a requirement here? Why not just use:
Code:
grep -f input.txt -v file.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find a word and delete the line

Hi I have a text file like this name today.txt the request has been accepted the scan is successful at following time there are no invalid packages 5169378 : map : Permission Denied the request has been accepted Now what i want do is I want to search the today.txt file and if i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsusarla
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a line and delete it.

Hi All, I would like to fine some entry in a file, if it found, it should remove the same in the same file. Please some one help me. need to find and en entry 'bea' from hosts file. If it found it should write it same host file. but i am not geting it. If i am writing it in new file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find and delete the line

Hi I have a text file like this name today.txt the request has been accepted the scan is successful at following time there are no invalid packages 5169378 : map : Permission Denied the request has been accepted Now what i want do is I want to search the today.txt file and if i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsusarla
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent! Sed/Awk Filter Find Pattern Delete Till End Of Line

Hi, I need help with using an awk or sed filter on the below line ALTER TABLE "ACCOUNT" ADD CONSTRAINT "ACCOUNT_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCT_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "WMC_DATA" LOGGING ENABLE Look for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Urgent Help required : awk/sed help to find pattern and delete till end of line

Hi, I need help with using an awk or sed filter on the below line ALTER TABLE "ACCOUNT" ADD CONSTRAINT "ACCOUNT_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCT_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "WMC_DATA" LOGGING ENABLE Look for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Pattern delete line and next line

I am trying to delete the line with pattern and the next line. Found the below command in forum which also deleted the previous line. how should i modify that to make sure that only the line with pattern and the next line are deleted but not the previous line? awk '/key... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete rest of the line

i need to find ' - ' in a line , if i found i need to rest of the line including '-' example libmm-2.0 libytytsunos-5.6 output libmm libytytsunos (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find specific line and delete line after.

I'm looking for a way to search a file, in this case init.rc for a specific match, service adbd /sbin/adbd, and delete the a specific line after it Original: # adbd is controlled by the persist.service.adb.enable system property service adbd /sbin/adbd disabled After deletion: #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GabrialDestruir
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk delete line if $5 contains string from list

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find a string in a line in UNIX file and delete that line and previous 3 lines ?

Hi , i have a file with data as below.This is same file. But actual file contains to many rows. i want to search for a string "Field 039 00" and delete that line and previous 3 lines in that file.. Can some body suggested me how can i do using either sed or awk command ? Field 004... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadlamudy
7 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)