Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh hidden characters in variables Post 303007466 by Scrutinizer on Friday 17th of November 2017 02:50:14 AM
Old 11-17-2017
I think it may be an UTF-16 character.

What is the output of the following command on your command line:
Code:
locale

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

missing hidden characters

I made a small change to a UNIX script. When I tried to run it I received the following message: /bin/ksh: ^M: not found /bin/ksh: ^M: not found /bin/ksh: ^M: not found As ^M is a non printing character, I don't know how to discover where it is missing. How can I correct thiis... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SUSANR9999
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hidden Characters

Hello all, I have two files, that I suspect may contain hidden characters (EG, three spaces instead of a tab). Does anyone know of any tool that can display this (I have tried using diff, but I'm not quite sure it would do the job) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

hidden Characters

Hello All, I'm trying to parse through a file and display all the hidden characters, including all carriage and line returns. I usually use cat -v, but this doesn't display the carriage and line returns. Does anyone know how this can be done? Thanks Khoom (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hidden control characters in a Unix Text File!

Can anyone seem to know how to find out whether a UNIX text file has 'hidden' control characters? Can I view them using 'vi' by some command line options? If there are control characters in a text file which are invisible/hidden.. then how do I get rid of them? Your intelletual answers are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kewl_guy
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

hidden characters added to commands

Hello everybody. Im really new in shell scripting. Im working with RedHat 4. I have begin to do some scripts to test the posibilitys but Im fancing a disturbing problem. some times the lines that I write add the return character or end-of-file ascii character to the command or argument tha... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josebenitez
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to see hidden characters.....

I know that cat -v will show me hidden characters in a file.... I for some reason seem to think that there's a bash command that will show me hidden characters in a variable in a script? Or am I just imagining it? Thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hidden Characters in Regular Expression Matching Perl - Perl Newbie

I am completely new to perl programming. My father is helping me learn said programming language. However, I am stuck on one of the assignments he has given me, and I can't find very much help with it via google, either because I have a tiny attention span, or because I can be very very dense. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittyluva2
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Hidden characters when pasting in vi/vim

Hello everyone. When I copy some configuration settings string from MS_Word to putty from my personal pc to a remote machine, it appears that I copy some hidden symbols, which at first, cannot be seen and appear as hidden. Some java programs did not start, and after investigation I found that: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dampio
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync - how to copy hidden folder or hidden files when using full path

Hello. I use this command : rsync -av --include=".*" --dry-run "$A_FULL_PATH_S" "$A_FULL_PATH_D"The data comes from the output of a find command. And no full source directories are in use, only some files. Source example... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)