Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Grep a pattern & Email from latest logs Post 303007298 by vivekn on Wednesday 15th of November 2017 06:00:48 AM
Old 11-15-2017
Grep a pattern & Email from latest logs

MyLOG:

Code:
2017/11/12 17:01:54.600 : Error: LPID: 3104680848  WRONG CRITERIA FOUND. tRealBuilder::Generate

Output Required:

If Ke word "WRONG CRITERIA FOUND" in latest log ( logs are regularly generating - real time) mail to us
once mailed wait for 2 hours for second mail.

mail subject like " WRONG CRITERIA FOUND" in Logs.

is it possible through script or any monitoring tool we can use for real time log monitoring.

OS : Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.8 (Santiago)

i tried script given below:
Code:
tail -fn0 logfile | \
while read line ; do
        echo "$line" | grep "pattern"
        if [ $? = 0 ]
        then
                ... do something ...
        fi
done

but it doesnot fullfill my requirement.

Last edited by Scott; 11-15-2017 at 07:04 AM.. Reason: Code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep yesterday logs from weblogic logs

Hi, I am trying to write a script which would go search and get the info from the logs based on yesterday timestamp and write yesterday logs in new file. The log file format is as follows: """"""""""""""""""""""""""... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish.parker
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep & EMail "HOW to quit ??? "

Hello All, I am using the below code to grep particular word from file and then emailing it through mail command. the problem is this that when i run the script so it stops and ask me for the mail body then it asks for cc: and then runs. I dont want to give body and cc: address, i just want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wakhan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to grep latest outofmemory string from the logs

I have requirement to prepare script which will grep for latest outofmemory message from the logs. I have used following command to grep the string from the logs,this script is not effective when logs are not getting updated as it will grep for old message. f=catalina.out var=`tail -10 $f |... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find latest set of logs among new and old

Hi All I am writing a script which will select the latest logs (which are generated every night via a script) among old one and new. Script generates set of 3 logs each time it runs. Example : log-WedJun082011_bkt1.log log-WedJun082011_bkt2.log log-WedJun082011_bkt3.log I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ratneshnagori
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email alerts whenever someone logs into server via SSH any user?

Hi all, Thanks in Advance!! I dont know how to start to write script for this process, my requirement is if any user logs into server automatically Admin get mail alert. how is this possible? any one guide me to complete this process. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file with a specific pattern for current sysdate & upon find email the details?

I need assistance with following requirement, I am new to Unix. I want to do the following task but stuck with file creation date(sysdate) Following is the requirement I need to create a script that will read the abc/xyz/klm folder and look for *.err files for that day’s date and then send an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a pattern in current date logs

Hello, I need to write one script which should search particular pattern like ABCD in log file name hello.txt only in current date logs. in current directory i have so many past date logs but grep should be applied on current date logs. on daily basis current date logs are in number 30 and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajju
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk usage to grep a pattern 1 and with reference to this grep a pattern 2 and pattern 3

Hi , I have a file where i have modifed certain things compared to original file . The difference of the original file and modified file is as follows. # diff mir_lex.c.modified mir_lex.c.orig 3209c3209 < if(yy_current_buffer -> yy_is_our_buffer == 0) { --- >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: breezevinay
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email if latest file in a directory is older than 2 hours

I have a objective of Sending email if latest file in a directory(excluding files of sub-dirs) is older than 2 hours. eg : ls -ltr drwx--x--x 2 abcde abc 256 2017-02-07 20:10 Mail -rw-rw-r-- 1 abcde abc 1170 2017-02-24 17:30 test -rw-rw-r-- 1 abcde abc 356 2017-03-09 18:00 xyz.csv... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpltyansh
3 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)