Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Linux Script to copy and rename files through SQL statement Post 303007187 by RudiC on Monday 13th of November 2017 06:30:56 AM
Old 11-13-2017
Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy and rename list of files

Hi all, I am a newbie in writng unix..I am using ksh shell..Does anyone know how to copy a list o files from directory A to directory B with differnt names? i.e in Dir A, I have RPT101.555.TXT RPT102.666.TXT and I want to copy those files to dir B with new naming convention.. in Dir B,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinmak
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script to rename files with current date and copy it.

I have few webservers logs like access.log. which would be growing everyday. what i do everyday is, take the backup of access.log as access.log_(currentdate) and nullify the access.log. So thought of writing a script... but stuck up in middle. My requirement: to take the backup and nullify... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: logic0
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from folder and rename them

hello, I need to build a shell script that receives the folder to copy by parameter and copy all files except thumb.db to another folder and rename them like, file.jpg renamed to file_bb1.jpg. can someone help me Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeker
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files rename and copy

hello, I am write a Script and i would listing all Files from Path1 out with DSR*.txt and give a new name an copy to the Path2. I have problems with that to rename. Someone can help me? Sorry, for my english. My english is not gut. I hope you understand my. That is my Script. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: efeijoo
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to copy/rename files, then delete by date

Hi All, I am new to scripting and am looking for some assistance setting up a script. Basically I need the script to scan a folder for the newest files and make a copy of those files, adding a month to the date stamp. I also need this script to delete the previously copied files to save space.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucid13
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Script to compare two folders and copy missing files

Hi, I need help in shell scripting. If someone can help me, that would be great! Problem. I want Linux Script to compare two folders and copy missing files. Description. I have two directories /dir1 /dir2 I need to copy all distinct/new/unique/missing files from /dir1 and that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S.Praveen Kumar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy down remote files and rename them to include the server name with full path

I need to pull down a good bit of files for another support team for an upgrade project. I have a server.list with all of the server names. I need to do two parts: FIRST: I have this example, but it does not list the server name in front of each line. #! /bin/bash for server in $(<... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnatlas
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is better way copy list of multiple files, rename and gzip

Is better way to write the script loop through one by one "Old_File_1: & New_File_1:" to copy 100 files to /staging/test folder then re-name & gzip all those files? I wrote this code below and don't like that much. Thanks I have a control_file under /tmp/test folder like below 100 files and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotran
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oop to copy and rename files through SQL Statement in shell Script

#!/bin/sh sqlplus -s "/ as sysdba" << EOF SET HEADING OFF SET FEEDBACK OFF Select pt.user_concurrent_program_name , OUTFILE_NAME FROm apps.fnd_concurrent_programs_tl pt, apps.fnd_concurrent_requests f where pt.concurrent_program_id = f.concurrent_program_id and pt.application_id =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usman_oracle
1 Replies
EXECUTE(7)                                                         SQL Commands                                                         EXECUTE(7)

NAME
EXECUTE - execute a prepared statement SYNOPSIS
EXECUTE name [ ( parameter [, ...] ) ] DESCRIPTION
EXECUTE is used to execute a previously prepared statement. Since prepared statements only exist for the duration of a session, the pre- pared statement must have been created by a PREPARE statement executed earlier in the current session. If the PREPARE statement that created the statement specified some parameters, a compatible set of parameters must be passed to the EXECUTE statement, or else an error is raised. Note that (unlike functions) prepared statements are not overloaded based on the type or number of their parameters; the name of a prepared statement must be unique within a database session. For more information on the creation and usage of prepared statements, see PREPARE [prepare(7)]. PARAMETERS
name The name of the prepared statement to execute. parameter The actual value of a parameter to the prepared statement. This must be an expression yielding a value that is compatible with the data type of this parameter, as was determined when the prepared statement was created. OUTPUTS
The command tag returned by EXECUTE is that of the prepared statement, and not EXECUTE. EXAMPLES
Examples are given in the Examples [prepare(7)] section of the PREPARE [prepare(7)] documentation. COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard includes an EXECUTE statement, but it is only for use in embedded SQL. This version of the EXECUTE statement also uses a somewhat different syntax. SEE ALSO
DEALLOCATE [deallocate(7)], PREPARE [prepare(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 EXECUTE(7)