Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error: Post 303007181 by Ohmkar on Monday 13th of November 2017 06:06:17 AM
Old 11-13-2017
Problem Resolved

Problem Resolved...

I tried to install GCC in Aix7.1 while installing related rpm and dependencies...

I Got below error
Code:
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors:
        0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1).
        0509-150   Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded.
        0509-152   Member shr4.o is not found in archive
        0509-022 Cannot load module rpm.
        0509-150   Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1) could not be loaded.
        0509-022 Cannot load module .

I came to know that rpm got corrupted and senior suggested to install rpm.rte with compatible version.

It worked for me...

As i'm a new user not able to post links...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error when running the make command

Hi, Not really sure whether this question should go to this forum but am giving it a shot. I have compiled a simple C program test.c. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> static int a; int test() { a=a+1; return a; } When I run a make command, I get this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nattynatty
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

facing problem with cut command

hi , i used ls -ltr | cut -f 1 > \dev\tty but all teh coulmns r getting printed instead of only one........how can i resolve this? prob 2 : wud be able start cutting from last field......supposing in the case of dyanmic list.i dunno the field number of last column.......so is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running var (with spaces) as command

I seem to be fighting bash's shell expansions.. I set this variable: CMD="export MVAR=\"1 2 3\"" if I try to run it, it is clear the shell is parsing along the spaces of the contents of MYVAR: > $CMD + export 'MYVAR="1' 2 '3"' + MYVAR='"1' -bash: export: `2': not a valid identifier... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbw
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem facing in using awk command

Hi., I am not able to replace the string with another string using gsub fn of awk command. My code: awk 'BEGIN gsub(004,IND,004)' p.txt and my i/p file p.txt is of the format: av|004|adkf|Kent,004|s av|005|ssdf|Kd,IT park|s . . . and my desired o/p should be of : (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: av_vinay
13 Replies

5. AIX

Error running the history command

When I try to run the history command from the prompt i get the following error: $ history ksh: cd: 0403-011 The specified substitution is not valid for this command. ON running history with a parameter I get the following $ history -10 ksh: cd: 0403-008 The number of parameters... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetzap
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error while running nm command

I am running nm for a file. the command is nm -f libC.a but it gives below error nm: libC.a: 0654-203 Specify an XCOFF object module. any solution ? Please use and tags when posting code, data or logs etc. to preserve formatting and enhance readability, thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yatrik007
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem facing command using shell

Dear Brothers! Need your help for the case where I am running one command on prompt and its giving us the correct output, but when i use the same command from shell its directs no output.:wall: the command on command prompt is ls -ltrh * | nawk '{if ($5~ '/$'M'/') print $9}' | grep -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jojo123
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running plsql using printf command on bash shell

I am running plsql using printf on a shell, but i am getting some strange error, can someone point what exactly am i missing, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash $ printf " > SET serveroutput ON trimspool on feed off echo off > declare > p_val number; > d_val varchar2(10); > begin > SELECT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Facing abnormality in Find command

Whenever the below command is being executed by a scheduler at UNIX environment, we are getting below error cd /tmp/log find . -ignore_readdir_race ! -name . -prune -iname 'XYZ*' -type f -mtime +4 -printf "%f\n" ./tmpfile.script_name.2.31885.201906071336.tmp': No such file or directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anirban2208
2 Replies
stl_mi(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 stl_mi(4)

NAME
stl_mi - Software distribution master inventory files DESCRIPTION
Each software product that is distributed as subsets for the setld(8) command has an associated master inventory file. The master inventory file's name consists of the product's unique 3-letter name and a 3-digit version number with the string .mi for a suffix. The master inven- tory file is used by the software kitting program kits(1) in producing software distribution packages. A master inventory file contains one ASCII record, describing vendor-specified attribute information, for each file in the product kit. Each record is composed of three fields which must be separated by TAB characters. The fields are: A 16-bit unsigned integer. Bit 1 is the v (volatility) bit; when it is set, changes to the existing copy of the file can occur during kit installation. It is usually set for log files required by applications. The remaining bits are reserved. Possible values for this field are therefore 0 or 2. The dot-relative (./) pathname of the file described by this record. Each pathname must appear only once in the master inventory file. Pathnames must begin with a period (.). Records must be sorted in ascending ASCII sequence on this field. The name of the subset containing the file. Standard system directories are not included in subsets; they are represented by the keyword RESERVED in place of a subset name. Files that exist in the product hierarchy but are not distributed as part of any subset have a minus sign (-) in this field. Files that share a gnode (links) must all be included in the same subset. EXAMPLES
This example shows a section of the master inventory for a hypothetical layered product kit: 0 . RESERVED 0 ./usr/opt RESERVED 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100 OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/attr OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/dcb.spr OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/dcb_defaults OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/dcb_diag.sed OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/docbld OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/unstamp OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/README.dcb OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/attr.1 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/dcb.ps OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/docbld.1 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/docbld.5 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/unstamp.1 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib/templates OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib/templates/conv.braces OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib/templates/conv.command OATDCB100 . . . RELATED INFORMATION
invcutter(1), kits(1), newinv(1), setld(8) Guide to Preparing Product Kits delim off stl_mi(4)