Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error: Post 303007181 by Ohmkar on Monday 13th of November 2017 06:06:17 AM
Old 11-13-2017
Problem Resolved

Problem Resolved...

I tried to install GCC in Aix7.1 while installing related rpm and dependencies...

I Got below error
Code:
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors:
        0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1).
        0509-150   Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded.
        0509-152   Member shr4.o is not found in archive
        0509-022 Cannot load module rpm.
        0509-150   Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1) could not be loaded.
        0509-022 Cannot load module .

I came to know that rpm got corrupted and senior suggested to install rpm.rte with compatible version.

It worked for me...

As i'm a new user not able to post links...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error when running the make command

Hi, Not really sure whether this question should go to this forum but am giving it a shot. I have compiled a simple C program test.c. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> static int a; int test() { a=a+1; return a; } When I run a make command, I get this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nattynatty
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

facing problem with cut command

hi , i used ls -ltr | cut -f 1 > \dev\tty but all teh coulmns r getting printed instead of only one........how can i resolve this? prob 2 : wud be able start cutting from last field......supposing in the case of dyanmic list.i dunno the field number of last column.......so is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running var (with spaces) as command

I seem to be fighting bash's shell expansions.. I set this variable: CMD="export MVAR=\"1 2 3\"" if I try to run it, it is clear the shell is parsing along the spaces of the contents of MYVAR: > $CMD + export 'MYVAR="1' 2 '3"' + MYVAR='"1' -bash: export: `2': not a valid identifier... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbw
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem facing in using awk command

Hi., I am not able to replace the string with another string using gsub fn of awk command. My code: awk 'BEGIN gsub(004,IND,004)' p.txt and my i/p file p.txt is of the format: av|004|adkf|Kent,004|s av|005|ssdf|Kd,IT park|s . . . and my desired o/p should be of : (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: av_vinay
13 Replies

5. AIX

Error running the history command

When I try to run the history command from the prompt i get the following error: $ history ksh: cd: 0403-011 The specified substitution is not valid for this command. ON running history with a parameter I get the following $ history -10 ksh: cd: 0403-008 The number of parameters... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetzap
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error while running nm command

I am running nm for a file. the command is nm -f libC.a but it gives below error nm: libC.a: 0654-203 Specify an XCOFF object module. any solution ? Please use and tags when posting code, data or logs etc. to preserve formatting and enhance readability, thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yatrik007
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem facing command using shell

Dear Brothers! Need your help for the case where I am running one command on prompt and its giving us the correct output, but when i use the same command from shell its directs no output.:wall: the command on command prompt is ls -ltrh * | nawk '{if ($5~ '/$'M'/') print $9}' | grep -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jojo123
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running plsql using printf command on bash shell

I am running plsql using printf on a shell, but i am getting some strange error, can someone point what exactly am i missing, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash $ printf " > SET serveroutput ON trimspool on feed off echo off > declare > p_val number; > d_val varchar2(10); > begin > SELECT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Facing abnormality in Find command

Whenever the below command is being executed by a scheduler at UNIX environment, we are getting below error cd /tmp/log find . -ignore_readdir_race ! -name . -prune -iname 'XYZ*' -type f -mtime +4 -printf "%f\n" ./tmpfile.script_name.2.31885.201906071336.tmp': No such file or directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anirban2208
2 Replies
Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)

NAME
Alien::Package::Rpm - an object that represents a rpm package DESCRIPTION
This is an object class that represents a rpm package. It is derived from Alien::Package. FIELDS
prefixes Relocatable rpm packages have a prefixes field. METHODS
checkfile Detect rpm files by their extention. install Install a rpm. If RPMINSTALLOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. scan Implement the scan method to read a rpm file. unpack Implement the unpack method to unpack a rpm file. This is a little nasty because it has to handle relocatable rpms and has to do a bit of permissions fixing as well. prep Prepare for package building by generating the spec file. cleantree Delete the spec file. build Build a rpm. If RPMBUILDOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. An optional parameter, if passed, can be used to specify the program to use to build the rpm. It defaults to rpmbuild. version Set/get version. When retreiving the version, remove any dashes in it. postinst postrm preinst prerm Set/get script fields. When retrieving a value, we have to do some truely sick mangling. Since debian/slackware scripts can be anything -- perl programs or binary files -- and rpm is limited to only shell scripts, we need to encode the files and add a scrap of shell script to make it unextract and run on the fly. When setting a value, we do some mangling too. Rpm maintainer scripts are typically shell scripts, but often lack the leading shebang line. This can confuse dpkg, so add the shebang if it looks like there is no shebang magic already in place. Additionally, it's not uncommon for rpm maintainer scripts to contain bashisms, which can be triggered when they are ran on systems where /bin/sh is not bash. To work around this, the shebang line of the scripts is changed to use bash. Also, if the rpm is relocatable, the script could refer to RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is set by rpm at run time. Deal with this by adding code to the script to set RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX. arch Set/get arch field. When the arch field is set, some sanitizing is done first to convert it to the debian format used internally. When it's retreived it's converted back to rpm form from the internal form. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> perl v5.12.3 2011-06-11 Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)