Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Automation Script for Oracle
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automation Script for Oracle Post 303007179 by jim mcnamara on Monday 13th of November 2017 05:31:23 AM
Old 11-13-2017
Do you know how to use the tkprof oracle profiler? It produces a file that is a compilation (summary) of what you just asked for. So if your object has several different sql operations, tkprof will write a summary for each one. Every sql statement gets a performance summary in the output file.

You may have to have the DBA or the sysadmin give write permissions to the oracle directory tkprof writes to. We run it against a program that calls many objects because it gives such a nice fine-grained report and objects may call each other in some cases.

Using Application Tracing Tools

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

automation script for password reset

Hi, Is there any way to automate the reset of passwords.I mean can we write some scripts and do it. Would be great if anybody can help in this regards. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakyaj
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP automation script

Hi, I have got a requirement like this. a parameterized function custFtp which will take 5 i/ps and will do the following tasks. p1) server name p2) username p3) password p4) path name of the server where the file resides p5) file name pattern the function will work like this. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ani_datta
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Script automation

can someone look into this one please... I am struck at this point. I do not know what logic to be followed here. I can go ahead with my work only, if this step is done. Please Help. I have a process X in a shell script. Once the process X is done, it generates a log file. Process X is basically... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss3944
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Truststore automation shell script

Please close this thread. I have raise this question in appropriate thread. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KuldeepSinghTCS
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Automation

Hi Gurus, I have a clearcase script that i use to check in a single file at time on my clearcase server. the script is as follows setmyview settask 75098_MSI_TRILOGY_EIM cd /vobs/Trilogy_R12/custom/msieim/12.0.0/sql/ cleartool co -nc . ct mkelem -nc Filename_1.sql cp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script automation

I have the below code which calculates the time difference between src and dst from a large trace file. The code works for a given source and destination. However, I want to automate the code to go over any src and destination. The format of the source is like that: X.Y where x is always =2 and Y... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ENG_MOHD
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to automation utility app

Hi All, Am trying to write a shell script to automate one of the product utility but am struck with how to send/key in the inputs and most importantly it requires to press "Enter" key every time after giving the input. Not sure how to take control of utility from script and key in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation script

Hello All , I came across a tricky solution to devolop . Here is a part of the requirement automation . I have different set of server say : Web ( has 4 servers under it ) , App ( has 4 servers under it ) , DB ( has 2 servers under it ) Above each i have different load balancers , Say : Web... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radha254
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation script for Oracle queries for two different Databases

Hi Team, I am Oracle Databse developer. I am currently working on two databases. DB1 and DB2. in DB1 I have a Select query which will return 100 records. In Db2 I have a Select query which also return 100 records. In these two tables ( in different Schemas) we have a common column. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error on id3v2 automation script

Hi all, I have some audiobooks which i'm trying to add the mp3tags based using id3v2 on the folder Example: Abigail Gibbs - (The Dark Heroine #01) - Dinner with a Vampire Tags that I'm hoping to write Artist: Abigail Gibbs Album: The Dark Heroine #01 Song: Dinner with a Vampire Any help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itschrisonline
1 Replies
CHING(6)							 BSD Games Manual							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching -- the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
ching [hexagram] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (e.g., ``It furthers one to have somewhere to go.'') while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life (``Thus the superior man makes himself strong and untiring.'') When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes significant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff(1) for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD