Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grouping files on pattern
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grouping files on pattern Post 303007057 by gnnsprapa on Friday 10th of November 2017 07:07:22 AM
Old 11-10-2017
Thanks a lot Don Cragun,
please find below the output

Code:
-bash-4.1$ uname -a
Linux ucsdv181.symprod.com 2.6.32-696.10.3.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Sep 21 12:12:50 EDT 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I tried your code and it worked perfectly fine.. just want to know couple of things in that script like

Code:
#!/bin/bash
for file in 010020*[_-]S[_-]*[_-]*[_-]*[_-][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][01][0-9][0-3][0-9][_-][0-2][0-9][0-6][0-9][0-6][0-9].txt
do	IFS='[_-]' --what is the use of IFS here
	set -- $file --What this command is doing
	unset IFS
	destination=/tmp/${1}_$2-$3-$4-$5
	mkdir -p "$destination"
	mv "$file" "$destination/$file"
done

Also, the first word in my file i.e
010020001_S-ABC-Sort-DEFAW_20170412_121224.txt need not to be start from these same values..what i am trying to say is

010020001_S-ABC-Sort-DEFAW_20170412_121224.txt
111020001_S-ABC-Sort-DEFAW_20180412_121224.txt
should be of same group and move to one dir instead of creating two directories..in first word only last 3 char matters to group them.
Again thanks

Last edited by gnnsprapa; 11-10-2017 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: Updating

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern searching pattern in c files

I have a problem in searching a specific pattern in c files. My requirement: I have to find all the division operator in all cfiles. The problem is, the multi line comments and single line comments will also have forward slash in it. Even after avoiding these comments also, if both... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: murthybptl
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying a pattern of files in one directory into other with new pattern names...

Hi, I have to copy a set of files abc* in /path/ to /path1/ as abc*_bkp. The list of files appear as follows in /path/: abc1 xyszd abc2 re2345 abcx .. . abcxyz I have to copy them (abc* files only) into /path1/ as: abc1_bkp abc2_bkp abcx_bkp .. . (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping files into tars

Hi all, I have a problem where i have several files in a directory which I SCP from a server to my local machine and i would like to periodically tar/gzip them based on their naming convention. Here is the scenario: I SCP files (which all end with the same ending) periodically across to a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing file names and then grouping similar files

Hello Friends, I have .tar files which exists under different directories after the below code is run: find . -name "*" -type f -print | grep .tar > tmp.txt cat tmp.txt ./dir1/subdir1/subdir2/database-db1_28112009.tar ./dir2/subdir3/database-db2_28112009.tar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find required files by pattern in xml files and the change the pattern on Linux

Hello, I need to find all *.xml files that matched by pattern on Linux. I need to have written the file name on the screen and then change the pattern in the file just was found. For instance. I can start the script with arguments for keyword and for value, i.e script.sh keyword... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yart
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching across multiple files if pattern is available in all files searched

I have a list of pattern in a file, I want each of these pattern been searched from 4 files. I was wondering this can be done in SED / AWK. say my 4 files to be searched are > cat f1 abc/x(12) 1 abc/x 3 cde 2 zzz 3 fdf 4 > cat f2 fdf 4 cde 3 abc 2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice_man
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine 3 files by grouping

I have a file, which is really large but i shortened it: A3059GVS 1 A 01 Plate_1 40 25.37016 14.6298 A3059GVS 2 A 01 Plate_2 40 26.642002 13.3583 A3059GVS 3 A 02 Plate_1 40 25.381462 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mykey242
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping files according to certain fields in their name

I have a list of fils stored insortedLst, and want to select certain fields to group specific files together: Example of the files would be as below: n02-z30-dsr65-ndelt0.25-varp0.002-16x12drw-run1.log n02-z30-dsr65-ndelt0.25-varp0.002-16x12drw-run2.log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

grouping log files based on counter

I have my log file as below 00:18:02 - Nothing normal; Garbage Collection kicked off & running from last 3 min... 00:19:02 - Nothing normal; Garbage Collection kicked off & running from last 4 min... 00:19:02 - Nothing normal; Garbage Collection kicked off & running from last 4 min...... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grouping time and based on value with multiple pattern?

Hi All, need help... I have some log below : ### {"request_id":"e8395eb0-a8bd-11e9-b77b-d507ea5312aa","message":"when inquiry paybill 628524871 prevalidation cause : Invalid Transaction"} ### {"request_id":"043f2310-a8be-11e9-b57b-f9c7344998d7","message":"when inquiry paybill 62821615... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fajar_3t3
2 Replies
WORD-LIST-COMPRESS(1)					 Aspell Abbreviated User's Manual				     WORD-LIST-COMPRESS(1)

NAME
word-list-compress - word list compressor/decompressor for GNU Aspell SYNOPSIS
word-list-compress c[ompress] | d[ecompress] DESCRIPTION
word-list-compress compresses or decompresses sorted word lists for use with the GNU Aspell spell checker. COMMANDS
-c, c, compress compress the plain text word list read from standard input. -d, d, decompress decompress the compressed word list read from standard input. EXAMPLES
Here are a few examples of how you can use word-list-compress word-list-compress d <wordlist.cwl >wordlist.txt Decompress file wordlist.cwl to text file wordlist.txt word-list-compress c <wordlist.wl >wordlist.cwl 2>errors.txt Compress wordlist.wl to wordlist.cwl and send any error messages to a text file named errors.txt LC_COLLATE=C sort -u <wordlist.txt | word-list-compress c >wordlist.cwl Sort a word list, then pipe it to word-list-compress to create a compressed binary wordlist.cwl file. word-list-compress d <words.cwl | aspell create master ./words.rws Decompress a wordlist, then pipe it to aspell(1) to create a spelling list. Please check the aspell(1) info manual for proper usage and options. TIPS
Word-list-compress is best used with sorted word list type files. It is not a general purpose compression program since the resulting files may actually increase in size. Word-list-compress accepts up to 255 text characters in the range of {0x21...0xFF}. If your word list requires a larger character set for certain languages or longer length for multi-word, scientific, medical, technical or other use, then it is recommended that you compress your word list using prezip-bin(1) DIAGNOSTICS
Word-list-compress normally exits with a return code of 0. If it encounters an error, a message is sent to standard error output (stderr), and word-list-compress exits with a non-zero return value. Error messages are listed below: (display help/usage message) Unknown command given on the command line so word-list-compress displays a usage message to standard error output. Corrupt Input This is only for the decompression command d. The input file is of an unknown format or the input file/stream is corrupted. You may have some valid output, but word-list-compress could not complete the process. If the input file is a compressed wordlist but you have no output file, then it may be a newer prezip-bin(1) version of compressed file, if so, try decompressing the file with prezip-bin(1) instead. Output Data Error The output is full, write protected, or has an error and can no longer be written to. SEE ALSO
aspell(1), aspell-import(1), prezip-bin(1), run-with-aspell(1) Aspell is fully documented in its Texinfo manual. See the `aspell' entry in info for more complete documentation. REPORTING BUGS
For help, see the Aspell homepage at <http://aspell.net> and send bug reports/comments to the Aspell user list at the above address. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Aaron Lehmann <aaronl@vitelus.com>, Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> and Jose Da Silva <digital@joescat.com>. GNU
2005-09-05 WORD-LIST-COMPRESS(1)