Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to pass the config file lines as variable on the respective called function on a script Post 303006950 by rbatte1 on Thursday 9th of November 2017 09:50:24 AM
Old 11-09-2017
Can you condense this to a suitable working example to simply illustrate your question? There is too much to consider here in one go.

Thanks,
Robin
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to display function names (called & defined) in a C++ Source Code

Hello to all, I am looking for a way to display only the names of function (calls & definition) of a C++ source code.There is already a post related to this, but the script is to find the functions using a specific variable, and the replies are not that convincing since they cannot be used for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script for create a a file in the respective path

Hello forum members, I have to create a out file in the current path./aaa/bbb/ccc/hhh. i am writing script below. ###script Begins##### #!/bin/ksh echo "Weclome" if then echo "Hello" rm -rf $aaa/bbb/ccc/hhh #clean the exsisting o/p file echo "no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass shell script variable to awk command in same shell script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass a variable string in To_Date Oracle function in shell script

Hello, I am trying to execute an SQL query from shell script. A part of script is something like this: fromDate=`echo $(date +"%F%T") | sed "s/-//g" | sed "s/://g"` $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOD1 connect $COSDBUID/$COSDBPWD@$COSDBSID spool... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanketpatel.86
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write Config shell script to pass variables in master shell script?

Dear Unix gurus, We have a config shell script file which has 30 variables which needs to be passed to master unix shell script that invokes oracle database sessions. So those 30 variables need to go through the database sessions (They are inputs) via a shell script. one of the variable name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba1981
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write config shell script to pass variables in master shell script?

Dear Unix gurus, We have a config shell script file which has 30 variables which needs to be passed to master unix shell script that invokes oracle database sessions. So those 30 variables need to go through the database sessions (They are inputs) via a shell script. one of the variable name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba1981
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the function of the following lines at the top of a shell script file: Directory and Script?

The file starts like this: Directory: <path to the script> Script: <script fife name> #!bin/ksh ##Comments <actual script> What is the use of the first two lines in the script? What if I save the file without them? What will be the effect? They are not comments. Im very new to this,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: remytom
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pass values to a script called from within another script in shell?

Need ideas on how to achieve the below. We have a script say "profile.sh" which internally calls another existing script called "name.sh" which prompts for the name and age of a person upon execution. When i run profile.sh how can i populate a pre-defined value from another file and pass that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sankasu
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pass values to a script called from within another script in shell?

Ceiling Light - The Forgotten Element One of the highest details concerning using an LED ceiling panel essentially offer a fantastic dance floor which definitely makes the customers dance right away.They are a quite low cost method of something like a lighting solution, simple collection up,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harveyclayton
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Pass config file to bash script

I just want to make sure I am understanding how to pass a config file to a bash script . In the below I pass to arguments to a script, then define them in the script as id and config. I then source config using ., if I understand correctly the variables in the config file can now be used by the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
11 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. name $name = $question->name; Internationalised domain name corresponding to the qname attribute. Decoding non-ASCII domain names is computationally expensive and undesirable for names which are likely to be used to construct further queries. When required to communicate with humans, the 'proper' domain name should be extracted from a query or reply packet. $query = new Net::DNS::Packet( $example, 'ANY' ); $reply = $resolver->send($query) or die; ($question) = $reply->question; $name = $question->name; qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Canonical ASCII domain name as required for the query subject transmitted to a nameserver. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Question(3)