Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Delimiter appending in a data file if we receive a less columns than expected Post 303006932 by RudiC on Thursday 9th of November 2017 07:44:08 AM
Old 11-09-2017
Welcome to the forum.

Any attempts / ideas / thoughts from your side?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending columns on a file

My issue is the following: I have several text files, let's say 10 of them. Each one has three columns separated by a tab: Date, Time and Value. What I want to do next is to have only one text file containing the information: Date, Time, Value1, Value2, Value3, ... , Value10, where Value1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abel
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace delimiter : with '\001' in unix data file

HI can any one tell me how to replace a delimiter : with another delimiter '\001' it is a non printable octal character. thanks in adv spandu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending data at the first and last line of a file

Hi, Am trying to write a shell script which will append a header and a footer to an existing file. Header will contain details like the current date while the footer will contain the no: of records listed in the file. I know we can use the CAT command, but i have no clue abt the syntax to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brainstormer
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to differentiate columns of a file in perl with no specific delimiter

Hi everybody, This time I am having one issue in perl. I have to create comma separated file using the following type of information. The problem is the columns do not have any specific delimiter. So while using split I am getting different value. Some where it is space(S) and some where it is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amiya Rath
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

append data in a file by using tab delimiter

Hi, I need to append the data in to a file by using tab delimiter. eg: echo "Data1" >> filename.txt echo "\t" >> filename.txt (its not working) echo "Data2" >> filename.txt. the result sould be like this. Data1 Data2 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharmila_P
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending data to file

Hi. I wrote a very simple script and it doesn't work :( It is supposed to go to a certain directory, execute some command and append the output to the file "expo.dat" what it does is that it writes to the file only one entery. I dont know if Im using the write synthax for "append". Here is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Enigma08
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending data to last line of file

A friend contacted me recently with an interesting question. We got something worked out, but I'm curious what answers you all can come up with. Given a shell script (in bash) that processes a bunch of data and appends it to a file, how would you append the date, time, and a filename to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcolmpdx
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help- counting delimiter in a huge file and split data into 2 files

I’m new to Linux script and not sure how to filter out bad records from huge flat files (over 1.3GB each). The delimiter is a semi colon “;” Here is the sample of 5 lines in the file: Name1;phone1;address1;city1;state1;zipcode1 Name2;phone2;address2;city2;state2;zipcode2;comment... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lv99
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with data appending to a file

Hi I have a file called text.txt contains x y z when i run a command i will get output like below x 20 z 30 i want to insert x, z value in text.txt file and should be like this x 20 y 0 z 30 can anyone help me please? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to loop file data based on delimiter

My file has data that looks like below: more data.txt I wish to display each string seperated by a delimiter : Expected output: I tried the below but I m not getting every split string on a new line. #!/bin/bash for i in `sed 's/:/\\n/g' data.txt`; do echo -n... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
ALCC(1) 							  aMule utilities							   ALCC(1)

NAME
alcc - text based eD2k links calculator for aMule SYNOPSIS
alcc [-p] [-v] <inputfiles_list> alcc [-h] DESCRIPTION
Compute the eD2k links of all the input files given in the <inputfiles_list> (There can be one or more files). [ -p, --parthashes ] Compute and add part hashes to the computed eD2k links. [ -h, --help ] Prints a short usage description. [ -v, --verbose ] Be verbose - show also calculation steps. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs either on our forum (http://forum.amule.org/), or in our bugtracker (http://bugs.amule.org/). Please do not report bugs in e-mail, neither to our mailing list nor directly to any team member. COPYRIGHT
aMule and all of its related utilities are distributed under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
alc(1), amuled(1), amulecmd(1), amuleweb(1), cas(1), ed2k(1), wxcas(1), xas(1) AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Vollstrecker <amule@vollstreckernet.de> aMule eD2k links calculator November 2011 ALCC(1)