Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Oracle DBA licensing on Solaris 11 LDOMS Post 303006911 by psychocandy on Thursday 9th of November 2017 05:29:41 AM
Old 11-09-2017
Oracle DBA licensing on Solaris 11 LDOMS

My understanding is that Oracle DB licensing is based on number of cores etc. If you use virtual machines (e.g.ldoms) you need to partition it properly otherwise, in theory you have to pay based on the host machine.

Can anyone confirm I'm right here? And explain it in bit more detail (i.e. things like multipliers etc).

We've got 4 T5-4s running Solaris 11. Each has a number of Ldoms some running Oracle DB some not. At the moment its all a bit of a mess to be honest.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

ORACLE LICENSING..whats a 'processor' ?

On an AIXv5.2 system, that has power5 processors, I issue the lscfg | grep proc and get + proc0 Processor + proc2 Processor + proc4 Processor lsattr -El proc0 frequency 1904448000 Processor Speed False state enable Processor state False type PowerPC_POWER5... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracledba
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Oracle licensing

Hello all. I have a question for you. What is the method of licensing for Oracle under HP-UX? Is it just the system name or does it include the IP address also? The reason that I'm asking this is that I'm trying to set up a DR type box. The company has a live K class (yes, that old) running a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Struggling
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Need help, restrict DBA roles in Sun Solaris Server

Dear forum, I have Oracle 9i/10g2R and sun solaris server I don't realy sure wheter it's sun solaris 8, 9 or 10. Here is the background: OS : SunOS 8/9/10 Oracle engine : 9i / 10g2R --> located in server SunOS Remote Komputer : Windows XP, I use SSH to remote to the server User : DBA1,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya Purwanto
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Ldoms on T5220 with existing solaris 10 OS

Hi I;ve a T5220 box running solaris 10 update 6 with 6 zones on it and zfs SAN file systems is it possible to configure Control domain on this box without removing the exisinting OS and zones ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

File owned by oracle user and dba group need readonly access to other users

Under oracle user file abc.txt was created. Oracle user belong to dba group on UNIX Server. However other non Oracle users which belongs to some other network groups need read only access to this file. Every time when I login as other then oracle user and try to view this file it saying that I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: groosha
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Oracle VM for sparc2.0 (Ldoms)

Does any one has idea about when Ldoms2.0 is gonna be available for download? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle VM / T3 SAN or Local for LDOMS?

I have some T3's we just purchased and we are looking to carve these up into LDOMS's. Just wondering if anyone can give me a quick run down or pro / cons on SAN vs local internal for the LDOM itself. These will external SAN storage for their applications. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlouki01
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Install LDoms in T2000 running Solaris 11.2

Hi, im trying a lab with Solaris 11.2 in SunFire T2000 I read about know problem with ldomsmanager version. Solaris 11 comes with ldomsmanager 2.2 and T2000 needs 1.2. I need to install ldomsmanager version 1.2 but i donīt know why... i canīt find it at oracle site. I found oracle VM for SPARC... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuziKizuM
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Help required with Solaris LDoms

System: SPARC S7-2 Server; 2x8-core CPUs; 128Gb RAM; 2x600Gb HDD. I am trying to figure out how to run these is multiple Virtual Machines (LDoms). Unfortunately I cannot find a tutorial so am using the Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.4 Administration Guide; which is frustrating because it assumes a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apmcd47
4 Replies
Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle - An oracle specific Handle object SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This module provides a subclass of Jifty::DBI::Handle that compensates for some of the idiosyncrasies of Oracle. METHODS
connect PARAMHASH: Driver, Database, Host, User, Password Takes a paramhash and connects to your DBI datasource. database_version Returns value of ORA_OCI constant, see "Constants" in DBD::Oracle. insert Takes a table name as the first argument and assumes that the rest of the arguments are an array of key-value pairs to be inserted. build_dsn PARAMHASH Takes a bunch of parameters: Required: Driver, Database or Host/SID, Optional: Port and RequireSSL Builds a dsn suitable for an Oracle DBI connection blob_params column_NAME column_type Returns a hash ref for the bind_param call to identify BLOB types used by the current database for a particular column type. The current Oracle implementation only supports ORA_CLOB types(112). apply_limits STATEMENTREF ROWS_PER_PAGE FIRST_ROW takes an SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return ROWS_PER_PAGE starting with FIRST_ROW; distinct_query STATEMENTREF takes an incomplete SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return a DISTINCT result set. AUTHOR
Jesse Vincent, jesse@fsck.com SEE ALSO
Jifty::DBI, Jifty::DBI::Handle, DBD::Oracle perl v5.14.2 2011-04-26 Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle(3pm)