Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script containing Curl doesn't run with crontab Post 303006817 by RudiC on Wednesday 8th of November 2017 06:36:33 AM
Old 11-08-2017
What be the contents ot the variables password, OUTPUT_FILENAME, url when run from cron?
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script doesn't get executed using crontab

I have the following crontab entry to run a shell script for every 30 minutes of every day: 30 * * * * $HOME/main.sh > $HOME/main.log 2>$HOME/error.log after I created the crontab file I have also done: $crontab my_crontab I also check to make sure it exists, by using the following... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

When things doesn't run into crontab???

Could someone explain my problem? I've the following script... #! /bin/ksh ... vmquery -m $MediaID | awk ' BEGIN {FS=": " getline expdate <"ExpDate.txt" } $1 ~ /media ID/ {MediaNumber = $NF} ... $1 ~ /number of mounts/ { "date +%Y"|getline YearToday Year4 = YearToday - 4 if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nymus7
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script doesn't work as expected when run on cron

The script checks for free space stats on Oracle. If there are any tablespaces with more than 85% usage it prints the details of the tablespace. If all the tablespaces have more than 15% free space, then "All tablespaces have more than 15 pct free space" must be printed on the screen. When I run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RoshniMehta
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script doesn't work under crontab

Hi All, Using Expect script when I run it manually it works. But when I put the entry in crontab, the job is still running after 15 hours. The script was created as root. I don't think it's a permission issue. Any idea? This is what I have under root crontab... 00 18 * * 1-5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't run

Hi everyone, I've written a script, I gave it permission by > chmod u+x myscript and then tried to run it with > myscript and it didn't work, so I've written > ./myscript again, it didn't work, so I've written > set path = (. $path) but it didn't work as well. I have some... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

curl doesn't work in browser

Hi I need once again you help guys, I have a php script that should call and url on the local-server, when i call the script from the browser it just prints the $str and it doesn't call the url, but when i execute the script from the shell (php sentdata.php) it works. I checked the apache... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tafil
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

run script through crontab using ksh

hi i have a script called test.sh. the content is ls >> crontest.txt. if i run manually it's giving output.but if i scheduled in crontab it's not giving output. crontab entry: 02 * * * * /sms5/SMSHOME/eds_sh/test.sh >> /sms5/SMSHOME/eds_sh/testfile/logfile 2>&1 I am using ksh.is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script fails to run properly when run from CRONTAB

Hello all, I'm trying to write a script to gather and send data and it works just fine at the bash command line, but when executing from CRON, it does not run properly. My scripting skills are pretty limited and there's probably a better way, but as I said it works at the command line, but... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rusman
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl doesn't return csv file

Hi every body, I'm getting a trouble with my script , it's supposed to return a csv file . /usr/bin/curl -LS -D- -X GET -H "Authorization:Basic $password" -H 'Content-Type: text/csv' -L -o $OUTPUT_FILENAME $url; But I get an empty file with : {"ErrorCode":1001,"ErrorMessage":"Incorrect login... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beautymind
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script run curl command calling cyber-Ark RESTAPI

Hi All, We have a requirement to Integrate Cyber-Ark with Informatica . Basically cyberark will contain the username and password for Database. First step will be 1)In shell Script run curl command calling cyber-Ark RESTAPI requesting the credentials and store the secret in a variable. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveena9102
0 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - daemon to execute scheduled commands (Vixie Cron) SYNOPSIS
cron DESCRIPTION
Cron should be started from /etc/rc or /etc/rc.local. It will return immediately, so you don't need to start it with '&'. Cron searches /var/spool/cron for crontab files which are named after accounts in /etc/passwd; crontabs found are loaded into memory. Cron also searches for /etc/crontab and the files in the /etc/cron.d/ directory, which are in a different format (see crontab(5)). Cron then wakes up every minute, examining all stored crontabs, checking each command to see if it should be run in the current minute. When execut- ing commands, any output is mailed to the owner of the crontab (or to the user named in the MAILTO environment variable in the crontab, if such exists). Additionally, cron checks each minute to see if its spool directory's modtime (or the modtime on /etc/crontab) has changed, and if it has, cron will then examine the modtime on all crontabs and reload those which have changed. Thus cron need not be restarted whenever a crontab file is modified. Note that the Crontab(1) command updates the modtime of the spool directory whenever it changes a crontab. SEE ALSO
crontab(1), crontab(5) AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> 4th Berkeley Distribution 20 December 1993 CRON(8)