Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Replace in the specific coloumn of a csv Post 303006815 by rbatte1 on Wednesday 8th of November 2017 06:26:08 AM
Old 11-08-2017
It would help if you could share some sample input and desired output. Just a few representative records, but feel free to sanitise it for keeping personal or company details safe.

Robin
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a specific word in specific column?

Hi My orginal file is like (100s of lines) id host ip location remarks 1 host1 ip1 - xxx 2 host2 ip2 - xxx 3 host3 ip3 - xxx -- -- 9 host9 ip9 - xxx I have a ref file like host1 location1 host2 location2 host3 location3 -- --... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ./hari.sh
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace value with double quotes of specific coulmn value in csv file

Hi, I am trying to replace a specific column values in a csv file with double quotes. Example: SNO,NAME,ZIPCODE,RANK 1,Robert,74538,12 2,Sam,07564,13 3,Kim, Ed,12345,14 Desired Output: SNO,NAME,ZIPCODE,RANK 1,Robert Ken,74538,12 2,Sam Mik,"07564",13 3,"Kim, Ed",12345,14 I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables this is where i am at grep -v WARNING output | grep -v spawn | grep -v Passphrase | grep -v Authentication | grep -v '/sbin/tfadmin netguard -C'| grep -v 'NETWORK>' >> output.clean grep -n Destination... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: todd.cutting
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace specific character and specific position

I am trying to use sed to replace specific characters at a specific position in the file with a different value... can this be done? Example: File: A0199999123 A0199999124 A0199999125 Need to replace 99999 in positions 3-7 with 88888. Any help is appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: programmer22
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a string a specific value in specific location in AIX

Hi, I have following samp.txt file in unix. samp.txt 01Roy2D3M000000 02Rad2D3M222222 . . . . 10Mik0A2M343443 Desired Output 01Roy2A3M000000 02Rad2A3M222222 . . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to CSV specific

Hi , Please any one to help on ,extract this xml code into csv columns list. <SOURCEFIELD BUSINESSNAME ="" DATATYPE ="date" DESCRIPTION ="" FIELDNUMBER ="1" FIELDPROPERTY ="0" FIELDTYPE ="ELEMITEM" HIDDEN ="NO" KEYTYPE ="NOT A KEY" LENGTH ="19" LEVEL ="0" NAME ="BUSINESS_DATE"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific field on specific line sed or awk

I'm trying to update a text file via sed/awk, after a lot of searching I still can't find a code snippet that I can get to work. Brief overview: I have user input a line to a variable, I then find a specific value in this line 10th field in this case. After asking for new input and doing some... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: crownedzero
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a specific column with a specific value

Hi, I am looking to replacing value of a specific column of /etc/pam.d/system-auth file. My file looks like this password sufficient pam_unix.so md5 shadow nullok try_first_pass use_authtok expected result password sufficient pam_unix.so md5 shadow nullok try_first_pass use_authtok... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Litu1988
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace specific positions of specific lines

Hi, I have a file with hundreds of lines. I want to search for particular lines starting with 4000, search and replace the 137-139 position characters; which will be '000', with '036'. Can all of this be done without opening a temp file and then moving that temp file to the original file name. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsid
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge the three csv files as one according to first coloumn.

I have three files with similar pattern i need to merge all the coloumns side by side from all three files according to the first coloumn example as shown below I mentioned 5 coloumns only in example but i have around 15 coloumns in each file. file1: Name,Samples,Error,95RT,90RT... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghuram717
4 Replies
PSPELL_CONFIG_PERSONAL(3)						 1						 PSPELL_CONFIG_PERSONAL(3)

pspell_config_personal - Set a file that contains personal wordlist

SYNOPSIS
bool pspell_config_personal (int $dictionary_link, string $file) DESCRIPTION
Set a file that contains personal wordlist. The personal wordlist will be loaded and used in addition to the standard one after you call pspell_new_config(3). The file is also the file where pspell_save_wordlist(3) will save personal wordlist to. pspell_config_personal(3) should be used on a config before calling pspell_new_config(3). PARAMETERS
o $dictionary_link - o $file - The personal wordlist. If the file does not exist, it will be created. The file should be writable by whoever PHP runs as (e.g. nobody). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 pspell_config_personal(3) <?php $pspell_config = pspell_config_create("en"); pspell_config_personal($pspell_config, "/var/dictionaries/custom.pws"); $pspell_link = pspell_new_config($pspell_config); pspell_check($pspell_link, "thecat"); ?> NOTES
Note This function will not work unless you have pspell .11.2 and aspell .32.5 or later. PHP Documentation Group PSPELL_CONFIG_PERSONAL(3)