Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue nesting variables in csh. Post 303006782 by Scott on Tuesday 7th of November 2017 03:58:04 PM
Old 11-07-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInGermany
(Skipping the compulsary "don't use csh" reply.)
Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass CSH variables up to the parent?

Hi .. I have a dynamic script called from a programming language called Powerhouse (4GL). The module, called QUIZ, allows the user to call shell commands from within it... i.e. !rm -f mipss156t2cmd1.bat mipss156t2tmp1.txt !printf '#!/bin/csh\n' > mipss156t2cmd1.bat !printf 'setenv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElCaito
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh and csh issue

Hi I like to assign a command string to a variable to execute. In this case, set sshexec_parent_pid="ps -ef | grep $$ | awk '/bash -c/ {print $3}' | sort | head -1;`" echo $sshexec_parent_pid ; But I can't seem to get it to work. It gives me sshexec_parent_pid: Undefined variable. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpc8250
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For loop control with two variables in csh shell

Hi All How can i control for loop with two different variables in csh shell Regards Nikhil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nikhilindurkar
1 Replies

4. Google Chrome OS

Case Nesting

sdfdefgsrg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankycool
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csh Problem using spaces in string variables

I have done something like this set phases = "a b" set phases = "phases="$phases echo $phases I get phases=a instead of phases=a b (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Max number of environment variables in Csh

Anyone knows what is the max limit of number of environment variables in Csh? I have a script that when run causes the shell to stop responding to any command like: ls /bin/ls: Argument list too long. And I guess the reason is I passed the max limit for number of environment variables... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to access the bash variables in csh

Hi, I am having a primary script which is Bash based. I am calling a csh script from it. Now, their are some variables defined in my bash script which i need in csh. I am unable to do so. Is it possible ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdhingra123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use ifdef for bash variables in csh environment?

Hi Guys, I have a a bash script and i am exporting a variable in it. I am calling a csh script from this bash script. The variable "ABC" will be visible in csh script. ks.bash export ABC = abc ./kp.csh ab.csh echo $ABC setenv ABC =cde (i want to assign this value to ABC only if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdhingra123
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nesting backticks

I'm trying to make a dialog window that prints the output of grep that takes the output of find. Unfortunately my nested backticks don't work. Here is the dialog window: dialog --stdout --title "test" --backtitle "test" --msgbox "Test:\n `grep -l "${tablica}" `find $string``" 16 60I think I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Starting_Leaf
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read variables from a text file for use in csh script

Hello, I have a text file (say, declarevars.txt) that contains multiple lines that are essentially meant to be variable declarations: set arr1 = (var1a var1b var1c) set arr2 = (var2a var2b var2c) . . . I want to be able to read this text file within a csh (sorry) script and have that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjaydj
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)