Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue nesting variables in csh. Post 303006766 by ojdefdidit on Tuesday 7th of November 2017 12:48:46 PM
Old 11-07-2017
Issue nesting variables in csh.

The variables given are already defined ($file1-$file3, $obsid1-$obsid3, and $n=3). When I go to run the code, the terminal outputs "Missing }." I believe the error is with the nesting of variables. It would save a lot of time getting this while loop working.

Code:
set i = 1     

while (${i} <= ${n})
dmcopy "${file${i}}[energy=500:7000&&(x,y)=circle(${c},${r})][bin sky=1]" ./img/${obsid${i}}_5_70_b1.img      

@ i++     

end

This is the snippet I believe has the "Missing }." error somewhere in it. I can't seem to find anything wrong. Does csh support nesting like this or will I need to try something else?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass CSH variables up to the parent?

Hi .. I have a dynamic script called from a programming language called Powerhouse (4GL). The module, called QUIZ, allows the user to call shell commands from within it... i.e. !rm -f mipss156t2cmd1.bat mipss156t2tmp1.txt !printf '#!/bin/csh\n' > mipss156t2cmd1.bat !printf 'setenv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElCaito
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh and csh issue

Hi I like to assign a command string to a variable to execute. In this case, set sshexec_parent_pid="ps -ef | grep $$ | awk '/bash -c/ {print $3}' | sort | head -1;`" echo $sshexec_parent_pid ; But I can't seem to get it to work. It gives me sshexec_parent_pid: Undefined variable. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpc8250
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For loop control with two variables in csh shell

Hi All How can i control for loop with two different variables in csh shell Regards Nikhil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nikhilindurkar
1 Replies

4. Google Chrome OS

Case Nesting

sdfdefgsrg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankycool
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csh Problem using spaces in string variables

I have done something like this set phases = "a b" set phases = "phases="$phases echo $phases I get phases=a instead of phases=a b (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Max number of environment variables in Csh

Anyone knows what is the max limit of number of environment variables in Csh? I have a script that when run causes the shell to stop responding to any command like: ls /bin/ls: Argument list too long. And I guess the reason is I passed the max limit for number of environment variables... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to access the bash variables in csh

Hi, I am having a primary script which is Bash based. I am calling a csh script from it. Now, their are some variables defined in my bash script which i need in csh. I am unable to do so. Is it possible ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdhingra123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use ifdef for bash variables in csh environment?

Hi Guys, I have a a bash script and i am exporting a variable in it. I am calling a csh script from this bash script. The variable "ABC" will be visible in csh script. ks.bash export ABC = abc ./kp.csh ab.csh echo $ABC setenv ABC =cde (i want to assign this value to ABC only if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdhingra123
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nesting backticks

I'm trying to make a dialog window that prints the output of grep that takes the output of find. Unfortunately my nested backticks don't work. Here is the dialog window: dialog --stdout --title "test" --backtitle "test" --msgbox "Test:\n `grep -l "${tablica}" `find $string``" 16 60I think I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Starting_Leaf
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read variables from a text file for use in csh script

Hello, I have a text file (say, declarevars.txt) that contains multiple lines that are essentially meant to be variable declarations: set arr1 = (var1a var1b var1c) set arr2 = (var2a var2b var2c) . . . I want to be able to read this text file within a csh (sorry) script and have that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjaydj
2 Replies
MERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  MERGE(1)

NAME
merge - three-way file merge SYNOPSIS
merge [ options ] file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
merge incorporates all changes that lead from file2 to file3 into file1. The result ordinarily goes into file1. merge is useful for com- bining separate changes to an original. Suppose file2 is the original, and both file1 and file3 are modifications of file2. Then merge combines both changes. A conflict occurs if both file1 and file3 have changes in a common segment of lines. If a conflict is found, merge normally outputs a warning and brackets the conflict with <<<<<<< and >>>>>>> lines. A typical conflict will look like this: <<<<<<< file A lines in file A ======= lines in file B >>>>>>> file B If there are conflicts, the user should edit the result and delete one of the alternatives. OPTIONS
-A Output conflicts using the -A style of diff3(1), if supported by diff3. This merges all changes leading from file2 to file3 into file1, and generates the most verbose output. -E, -e These options specify conflict styles that generate less information than -A. See diff3(1) for details. The default is -E. With -e, merge does not warn about conflicts. -L label This option may be given up to three times, and specifies labels to be used in place of the corresponding file names in conflict reports. That is, merge -L x -L y -L z a b c generates output that looks like it came from files x, y and z instead of from files a, b and c. -p Send results to standard output instead of overwriting file1. -q Quiet; do not warn about conflicts. -V Print 's version number. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is 0 for no conflicts, 1 for some conflicts, 2 for trouble. IDENTIFICATION
Author: Walter F. Tichy. Manual Page Revision: 1.1; Release Date: 1999/04/23. Copyright (C) 1982, 1988, 1989 Walter F. Tichy. Copyright (C) 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 Paul Eggert. SEE ALSO
diff3(1), diff(1), rcsmerge(1), co(1). BUGS
It normally does not make sense to merge binary files as if they were text, but merge tries to do it anyway. GNU
1999/04/23 MERGE(1)