Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Inconsistency with parallel run Post 303006694 by arunkumar_mca on Monday 6th of November 2017 12:16:08 PM
Old 11-06-2017
Thanks again. I don't think the I/O bandwidth is issue. Because once I run the parallel with all time the run happening I am seeing the CPU usage as as 99% . So if that is an issue with I/O then the all process wont run at 99% right ?

When I forked out different process. Each will have the same priority right and I/O is the shared resource which should be equal to all process. that's what I am confussed

I am using top to determine the speed. is there is any utility which give more insights ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run processes in parallel?

In a korn shell script, how can I run several processes in parallel at the same time? For example, I have 3 processes say p1, p2, p3 if I call them as p1.ksh p2.ksh p3.ksh they will run after one process finishes. But I want to run them in parallel and want to display "Process p1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasak
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a same script in parallel with diffs parameters

i have script say some_script.ksh that takes an argument I need to run some_script.ksh in background parallely at the sametime with different arguments. Once all the background jobs complete, i need to run this script again in parallel with another 5 set of arguments. Would really... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hyennah
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Run a script parallel for a month's worth:

Is there a utility that can be used in a shell script that would run a .sql file for 30 or 31 days in a month at the same time parallely. Please Advice. Thanks SD12. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sd12
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a command in parallel

Hi all, How do i run a command in parallel 50 times and capturing the result of each run in a separate file Eg: myApp arg1 > run1.txt myApp arg1 > run2.txt ::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::: myApp arg1 > run50.txt The above way is sequential. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script - how to prevent in parallel run

I have one shell script which is being accessed by many jobs at same time. I want to make the script such that , other job should wait for the script if script is being used by some other job. Is there any way to implement it in script level ? Gops (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run in series and Parallel

I have a list with four dates say load_date.lst contains 2010-01-01 2010-01-31 2010-03-01 2010-03-31 2010-05-01 2010-05-31 2010-07-01 2010-07-31 And I have directory /lll/src/sql with set of sql's 1_load.sql 2_load.sql 3_load.sql I want to run the sql'in series with respective to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script in parallel

Hey, I am new to UNIX scripting . I have script (ex: start_script) that starts a job in 10 different servers one server after another.Now I want to modify the script so that the script starts the job in all servers parallely (at a time in all servers).and I need the choice of selecting the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpspsm
3 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

To run job in parallel in batch

Hi, I am using a batch file to run 2 or more shutdown batch for each of my server like below: Shutdown_serverA.bat Shutdown_serverB.bat ... Is there anyway i can do this in parallel instead of serially:confused: ServerA & ServerB shutdown at the same time in one click (batch). (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the for loop in parallel

I have the below code which runs on multiple databases , but this runs one-after-one. I will need this to run in parallel so that i could save a lot of time. Please help!!! Thanks in advance for Db in `cat /var/opt/oracle/oratab |egrep -v "ASM" |grep -v \# |cut -d\: -f1` do { export... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoy
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script in parallel in while loop

Hi I am running a loop which actually runs same script for different argument value passed to it. while read repID do echo "Starting for $repID"; date; perl process_report.pl $repID done<${FILE_TO_READ} However this runs in sequence. I want the loop to not to wait for perl to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
3 Replies
RTPRIO(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 RTPRIO(1)

NAME
rtprio, idprio -- execute, examine or modify a utility's or process's realtime or idletime scheduling priority SYNOPSIS
[id|rt]prio [id|rt]prio [-]pid [id|rt]prio priority command [args] [id|rt]prio priority -pid [id|rt]prio -t command [args] [id|rt]prio -t -pid DESCRIPTION
The rtprio utility is used for controlling realtime process scheduling. The idprio utility is used for controlling idletime process scheduling, and can be called with the same options as rtprio. A process with a realtime priority is not subject to priority degradation, and will only be preempted by another process of equal or higher realtime priority. A process with an idle priority will run only when no other process is runnable and then only if its idle priority is equal or greater than all other runnable idle priority processes. Both rtprio or idprio when called without arguments will return the realtime priority of the current process. If rtprio is called with 1 argument, it will return the realtime priority of the process with the specified pid. If priority is specified, the process or program is run at that realtime priority. If -t is specified, the process or program is run as a normal (non-realtime) process. If -pid is specified, the process with the process identifier pid will be modified, else if command is specified, that program is run with its arguments. Priority is an integer between 0 and RTP_PRIO_MAX (usually 31). 0 is the highest priority Pid of 0 means "the current process". Only root is allowed to set realtime or idle priority for a process. A user may modify the idle priority of their own processes if the sysctl(8) variable security.bsd.unprivileged_idprio is set to non-zero. Note that this increases the chance that a deadlock can occur if a process locks a required resource and then does not get to run. EXIT STATUS
If rtprio execute a command, the exit value is that of the command executed. In all other cases, rtprio exits 0 on success, and 1 for all other errors. EXAMPLES
To see which realtime priority the current process is at: rtprio To see which realtime priority of process 1423: rtprio 1423 To run cron(8) at the lowest realtime priority: rtprio 31 cron To change the realtime priority of process 1423 to 16: rtprio 16 -1423 To run tcpdump(1) without realtime priority: rtprio -t tcpdump To change the realtime priority of process 1423 to RTP_PRIO_NORMAL (non-realtime/normal priority): rtprio -t -1423 To make depend while not disturbing other machine usage: idprio 31 make depend SEE ALSO
nice(1), ps(1), rtprio(2), setpriority(2), nice(3), renice(8) HISTORY
The rtprio utility appeared in FreeBSD 2.0, but is similar to the HP-UX version. AUTHORS
Henrik Vestergaard Draboel <hvd@terry.ping.dk> is the original author. This implementation in FreeBSD was substantially rewritten by David Greenman. CAVEATS
You can lock yourself out of the system by placing a cpu-heavy process in a realtime priority. BUGS
There is no way to set/view the realtime priority of process 0 (swapper) (see ps(1)). There is in FreeBSD no way to ensure that a process page is present in memory therefore the process may be stopped for pagein (see mprotect(2), madvise(2)). Under FreeBSD system calls are currently never preempted, therefore non-realtime processes can starve realtime processes, or idletime pro- cesses can starve normal priority processes. BSD
September 29, 2012 BSD