Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need command to capture word from shell script and send email Post 303006685 by MadeInGermany on Monday 6th of November 2017 09:29:49 AM
Old 11-06-2017
Do you have the status.sh working?
What is its output when it finds Running? And when it finds Shutdown?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Shell script to send email alert for core dump

Friends, I am in search for a shell script that is capable of running as a cronjob and have to send out an email when ever there is a CORE DUMP. Please post the hints to achieve my goal. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtatineni
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a shell script to send an email to an id

Hi all, I want to know how to send an email using shell script ..... I tried a command call mail but it did not work.. Please any one reply.. With example if you know thanks.. Madhu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhumathikv
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in finding a string and to send an email using shell script

Hi All i am writing a shell script which will search for a string "expires". once the search string is found it has to give the email address as the output and send an email to the person This is basically to find the encrypetd keys which are loaded in the unix server Below are sample... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranga27
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

make un shell script to send email

Hi, Someone Knows how to obtein a chain from a unix file, but not all the line, for exemple, for this file ,obtein only 902111111 and to keep the value, this value will be used to make a mailx. NF=ALL, SUBJ= FROM: SN=CD, SE=TOPCALL, NA=, N=902111111, N=TCLFI TO: SE=FAX, NA=, C1=... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peybol
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send email through shell script

Hi All, I am new to the unix , i have to deliver one script very urgently I have to write a shell script where i have i want to send email to specific email id in this script i want FROM to be parameterized and stored in a variable TO to be parameterized and stored in a variable... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nileshbhawsar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send an email from the txt file

Hi Friends, Could you guys help me out of this problem... I need to send an email to all the users and the email has to be picked from the text file. text file contains the no. of records like: giridhar 224285 847333 giridhar276@gmail.com ramana 84849 33884 venkata.ramana@gmail.com... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to send email once

Hi Guys, I have this script which will monitor oracle db process if up or down.And I want it to send email if it's down and the time it's back to online. However my script just keep on sending "Email Up" if the db is up or "Email Down" if the db is down.Is there any way to trap it so that it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: d3xt3r
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Send an email using mail command

Hello all I'm trying to write a script to send an email, so I can be nnotified when something is going wrong with my system. I've tried many options with no luck: mail -s "You've got mail" somebody@example.com echo "Mail Body" | mail -s "Subject" somebody@example.com I tried also to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to send html email from shell script

This is my below script which is working fine as it send only plain text email. So My question is- How can I modify my below script to send this as an HTML formatted email? I want to show the text color of this expression `(echo "100*$TEST2/$TEST1" | bc -l)` as `RED` in an email and that can be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raihan26
3 Replies
rcsclean(1)															       rcsclean(1)

NAME
rcsclean - clean up working files SYNOPSIS
rcsclean [options] [file...] OPTIONS
Use subst style keyword substitution when retrieving the revision for comparison. See co(1) for details. Do not actually remove any files or unlock any revisions. Using this option will tell you what rcsclean would do without actually doing it. Do not log the actions taken on standard output. This option has no effect other than specifying the revision for comparison. Unlock the revision if it is locked and no difference is found. Emulate RCS version n. See co(1) for details. Use suffixes to characterize RCS files. See ci(1) for details. DESCRIPTION
rcsclean removes working files that were checked out and never modified. For each file given, rcsclean compares the working file and a revision in the corresponding RCS file. If it finds a difference, it does nothing. Otherwise, it first unlocks the revision if the -u option is given, and then removes the working file unless the working file is writable and the revision is locked. It logs its actions by outputting the corresponding rcs -u and rm -f commands on the standard output. If no file is given, all working files in the current directory are cleaned. Pathnames matching an RCS suffix denote RCS files; all others denote working files. Names are paired as explained in ci(1). The number of the revision to which the working file is compared may be attached to any of the options -n, -q, -r, or -u. If no revision number is specified, then if the -u option is given and the caller has one revision locked, rcsclean uses that revision; otherwise rcsclean uses the latest revision on the default branch, normally the root. rcsclean is useful for clean targets in Makefiles. See also rcsdiff(1), which prints out the differences, and ci(1), which normally asks whether to check in a file if it was not changed. RESTRICTIONS
At least one file must be given in older Unix versions that do not provide the needed directory scanning operations. EXAMPLES
rcsclean *.c *.h removes all working files ending in or that were not changed since their checkout. rcsclean removes all working files in the current directory that were not changed since their checkout. ENVIRONMENT
options prepended to the argument list, separated by spaces. A backslash escapes spaces within an option. The RCSINIT options are prepended to the argument lists of most RCS commands. Useful RCSINIT options include -q, -V, and -x. DIAGNOSTICS
The exit status is zero if and only if all operations were successful. Missing working files and RCS files are silently ignored. FILES
rcsclean accesses files much as ci(1) does. IDENTIFICATION
Author: Walter F. Tichy. Revision Number: 1.1.6.2; Release Date: 1993/10/07. Copyright (C) 1982, 1988, 1989 by Walter F. Tichy. Copyright (C) 1990, 1991 by Paul Eggert. SEE ALSO
ci(1), co(1), ident(1), rcs(1), rcsdiff(1), rcsintro(1), rcsmerge(1), rlog(1), rcsfile(5) Walter F. Tichy, RCS--A System for Version Control, Software--Practice & Experience 15, 7 (July 1985), 637-654. rcsclean(1)