Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need command to capture word from shell script and send email Post 303006685 by MadeInGermany on Monday 6th of November 2017 09:29:49 AM
Old 11-06-2017
Do you have the status.sh working?
What is its output when it finds Running? And when it finds Shutdown?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Shell script to send email alert for core dump

Friends, I am in search for a shell script that is capable of running as a cronjob and have to send out an email when ever there is a CORE DUMP. Please post the hints to achieve my goal. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtatineni
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a shell script to send an email to an id

Hi all, I want to know how to send an email using shell script ..... I tried a command call mail but it did not work.. Please any one reply.. With example if you know thanks.. Madhu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhumathikv
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in finding a string and to send an email using shell script

Hi All i am writing a shell script which will search for a string "expires". once the search string is found it has to give the email address as the output and send an email to the person This is basically to find the encrypetd keys which are loaded in the unix server Below are sample... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranga27
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

make un shell script to send email

Hi, Someone Knows how to obtein a chain from a unix file, but not all the line, for exemple, for this file ,obtein only 902111111 and to keep the value, this value will be used to make a mailx. NF=ALL, SUBJ= FROM: SN=CD, SE=TOPCALL, NA=, N=902111111, N=TCLFI TO: SE=FAX, NA=, C1=... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peybol
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send email through shell script

Hi All, I am new to the unix , i have to deliver one script very urgently I have to write a shell script where i have i want to send email to specific email id in this script i want FROM to be parameterized and stored in a variable TO to be parameterized and stored in a variable... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nileshbhawsar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send an email from the txt file

Hi Friends, Could you guys help me out of this problem... I need to send an email to all the users and the email has to be picked from the text file. text file contains the no. of records like: giridhar 224285 847333 giridhar276@gmail.com ramana 84849 33884 venkata.ramana@gmail.com... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to send email once

Hi Guys, I have this script which will monitor oracle db process if up or down.And I want it to send email if it's down and the time it's back to online. However my script just keep on sending "Email Up" if the db is up or "Email Down" if the db is down.Is there any way to trap it so that it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: d3xt3r
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Send an email using mail command

Hello all I'm trying to write a script to send an email, so I can be nnotified when something is going wrong with my system. I've tried many options with no luck: mail -s "You've got mail" somebody@example.com echo "Mail Body" | mail -s "Subject" somebody@example.com I tried also to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to send html email from shell script

This is my below script which is working fine as it send only plain text email. So My question is- How can I modify my below script to send this as an HTML formatted email? I want to show the text color of this expression `(echo "100*$TEST2/$TEST1" | bc -l)` as `RED` in an email and that can be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raihan26
3 Replies
XNextEvent(3X11)						     MIT X11R4							  XNextEvent(3X11)

Name
       XNextEvent, XPeekEvent, XWindowEvent, XCheckWindowEvent, XMaskEvent, XCheckMaskEvent, XCheckTypedEvent, XCheckTypedWindowEvent - select
       events by type

Syntax
       XNextEvent(display, event_return)
	  Display *display;
	  XEvent *event_return;

XPeekEvent(display, event_return)
	  Display *display;
	  XEvent *event_return;

XWindowEvent(display, w, event_mask, event_return)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;
	  long event_mask;
	  XEvent *event_return;

Bool XCheckWindowEvent(display, w, event_mask, event_return)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;
	  long event_mask;
	  XEvent *event_return;

XMaskEvent(display, event_mask, event_return)
	  Display *display;
	  long event_mask;
	  XEvent *event_return;

Bool XCheckMaskEvent(display, event_mask, event_return)
	  Display *display;
	  long event_mask;
	  XEvent *event_return;

Bool XCheckTypedEvent(display, event_type, event_return)
	  Display *display;
	  int event_type;
	  XEvent *event_return;

Bool XCheckTypedWindowEvent(display, w, event_type, event_return)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;
	  int event_type;
	  XEvent *event_return;

Arguments
       display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

event_mask
		 Specifies the event mask.

event_return
		 Returns the matched event's associated structure.

event_return
		 Returns the next event in the queue.

event_return
		 Returns a copy of the matched event's associated structure.

event_type
		 Specifies the event type to be compared.

w	 Specifies the window whose event you are interested in.

Description
       The function copies the first event from the event queue into the specified structure and then removes it from the queue.  If the event
       queue is empty, flushes the output buffer and blocks until an event is received.

The function returns the first event from the event queue, but it does not remove the event from the queue.  If the queue is empty, flushes
       the output buffer and blocks until an event is received.  It then copies the event into the client-supplied structure without removing it
       from the event queue.

The function searches the event queue for an event that matches both the specified window and event mask.  When it finds a match, removes
       that event from the queue and copies it into the specified structure.  The other events stored in the queue are not discarded.  If a match-
       ing event is not in the queue, flushes the output buffer and blocks until one is received.

The function searches the event queue and then the events available on the server connection for the first event that matches the specified
       window and event mask.  If it finds a match, removes that event, copies it into the specified structure, and returns The other events
       stored in the queue are not discarded.  If the event you requested is not available, returns and the output buffer will have been flushed.

The function searches the event queue for the events associated with the specified mask.  When it finds a match, removes that event and
       copies it into the specified structure.	The other events stored in the queue are not discarded.  If the event you requested is not in the
       queue, flushes the output buffer and blocks until one is received.

The function searches the event queue and then any events available on the server connection for the first event that matches the specified
       mask.  If it finds a match, removes that event, copies it into the specified structure, and returns The other events stored in the queue
       are not discarded.  If the event you requested is not available, returns and the output buffer will have been flushed.

The function searches the event queue and then any events available on the server connection for the first event that matches the specified
       type.  If it finds a match, removes that event, copies it into the specified structure, and returns The other events in the queue are not
       discarded.  If the event is not available, returns and the output buffer will have been flushed.

type and window.  If it finds a match, removes the event from the queue, copies it into the specified structure, and returns The other
       events in the queue are not discarded.  If the event is not available, returns and the output buffer will have been flushed.

See Also
       XAnyEvent(3X11), XIfEvent(3X11), XPutBackEvent(3X11), XSendEvent(3X11)
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

XNextEvent(3X11)