Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need command to capture word from shell script and send email Post 303006680 by aks_1902 on Monday 6th of November 2017 09:00:41 AM
Old 11-06-2017
Need command to capture word from shell script and send email

Hello Experts,

Greeting to all of you.

I have a requirement, that we have a shell script status.sh
that check the status of server and server status shows as status.sh

Enterprise Server - Running
Admin Server - Shutdown

Requirement is like whenever the output shows shutdown it should pickup the status and send an email to desire destination.

Just want to know feasibility, that it can be possible to achieve or not.

Sorry I am not very much master of Unix.

I tried to search on google but not getting the exact requirement that how to capture the word from the output of shell script on runtime.

Thanks & Regards,
Abhi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Shell script to send email alert for core dump

Friends, I am in search for a shell script that is capable of running as a cronjob and have to send out an email when ever there is a CORE DUMP. Please post the hints to achieve my goal. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtatineni
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a shell script to send an email to an id

Hi all, I want to know how to send an email using shell script ..... I tried a command call mail but it did not work.. Please any one reply.. With example if you know thanks.. Madhu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhumathikv
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in finding a string and to send an email using shell script

Hi All i am writing a shell script which will search for a string "expires". once the search string is found it has to give the email address as the output and send an email to the person This is basically to find the encrypetd keys which are loaded in the unix server Below are sample... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranga27
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

make un shell script to send email

Hi, Someone Knows how to obtein a chain from a unix file, but not all the line, for exemple, for this file ,obtein only 902111111 and to keep the value, this value will be used to make a mailx. NF=ALL, SUBJ= FROM: SN=CD, SE=TOPCALL, NA=, N=902111111, N=TCLFI TO: SE=FAX, NA=, C1=... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peybol
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send email through shell script

Hi All, I am new to the unix , i have to deliver one script very urgently I have to write a shell script where i have i want to send email to specific email id in this script i want FROM to be parameterized and stored in a variable TO to be parameterized and stored in a variable... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nileshbhawsar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send an email from the txt file

Hi Friends, Could you guys help me out of this problem... I need to send an email to all the users and the email has to be picked from the text file. text file contains the no. of records like: giridhar 224285 847333 giridhar276@gmail.com ramana 84849 33884 venkata.ramana@gmail.com... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to send email once

Hi Guys, I have this script which will monitor oracle db process if up or down.And I want it to send email if it's down and the time it's back to online. However my script just keep on sending "Email Up" if the db is up or "Email Down" if the db is down.Is there any way to trap it so that it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: d3xt3r
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Send an email using mail command

Hello all I'm trying to write a script to send an email, so I can be nnotified when something is going wrong with my system. I've tried many options with no luck: mail -s "You've got mail" somebody@example.com echo "Mail Body" | mail -s "Subject" somebody@example.com I tried also to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to send html email from shell script

This is my below script which is working fine as it send only plain text email. So My question is- How can I modify my below script to send this as an HTML formatted email? I want to show the text color of this expression `(echo "100*$TEST2/$TEST1" | bc -l)` as `RED` in an email and that can be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raihan26
3 Replies
exit(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)