Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Regarding rsync issue.
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Regarding rsync issue. Post 303006620 by drl on Sunday 5th of November 2017 06:29:53 AM
Old 11-05-2017
Just a guess

Hi.

Once I get an rsync command to run, I tend to forget about the complex set of options.

However, my recollection is that a trailing "/" is best to specify on source and destination directories.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl
This User Gave Thanks to drl For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync issue

Hello Everyone, this is my first post and i will aprreciate all help/critsisim if i this is not the appropriate area to post this problem. i am brand new to unix/linux ( the admin quit ) and need help with rsync. I need to use rsync from one machine using the ip adress to another, these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bag of hammers
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

RSYNC issue

Hi experts, this is my script to Synchronize a local directory with a remote directory my problem is server HDD contain data of 79GB but local HDD of 250GB gets full. same script for other server is working i am not getting the exact problem. #!/bin/bash RSYNC=/usr/bin/rsync... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using rsync

I'm just trying to use rsync to retreive the file from different servers with script. i want to look for a file, if the file exists, then retreive the file from different servers, and put it in one file. I have the following command. rsync -v -e ssh jerry@openbsd.nixcraft.in:~/webroot.txt /tmp ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
5 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

rsync transferring multiple files issue

Hi, I want to specify multiple remote directories but want to transfer them in a single command with one connection with remote server. This avoids entering passwords repeatedly and is also efficient. e.g. rsync -vrt --size-only --delete user@host:/home/user1/dir1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sardare
9 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

rsync issue

Hi, I am using rsync to copy data. rsync -auzvv --delete --exclude=.snapshot --exclude=dqextracts /gmu/install/data/ /gmuqueue/gmu/install/data rsync -auzvv --delete --exclude=.snapshot /temp/vap/gmu /gmuqueue/temp/vap/gmu The above statements are in /home/gmu/rsync_run. this script is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giddaluru
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue while Rsync

hi All, i am using Rsync from my Production server to Drill server, it has copied most of the direcoties/files available on the source server to the production server. but i have seen a strange situation here. like in one of the directory it has copied maximum of the files but later on it got... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync issue

Hi Everyone, I am getting error while running Rsync from my machine. I have run this successfully few days before but today I am getting this some error. /opt/csw/bin/rsync -avH /uv1016/u105/home/srd/ --rsync-path=/opt/csw/bin/rsync srd@usa7061uz943.na.xerox.net:/uv1016/u105/home/srd/... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on rsync

Hi experts, We need copy 5TB data from one server to another (over a 10Gbps link). We plan to use rsync -av remote:/<path /local on destination server but there're few special requirements like: 1. data copy process should run only from 18:00 Hrs to 07:00 every day until copy is completed. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magnus29
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with rsync: failed to set times on "/tmp/.": Not owner (1)

Hi, Here is my source host and folder details. $ hostname source-host $ id uid=600000208(src-user) gid=64688(src-user) groups=64688(src-user) $ ls -ltrd /web/Trn_File/data/ drwxrwxrwx 3 src-user src-user 4096 Feb 7 15:27 /web/Trn_File/data/ $ ls -ltrd /web/Trn_File/data/* drwxrwxrwx 8... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
rdiff(1)						      General Commands Manual							  rdiff(1)

NAME
rdiff - compute and apply signature-based file differences SYNOPSYS
rdiff [options] signature old-file signature-file rdiff [options] delta signature-file new-file delta-file rdiff [options] patch basis-file delta-file new-file USAGE
You can use rdiff to update files, much like rsync does. However, unlike rsync, rdiff puts you in control. There are three steps to updating a file: signature, delta, and patch. DESCRIPTION
In every case where a filename must be specified, - may be used instead to mean either standard input or standard output as appropriate. Be aware that if you do this, you'll need to terminate your options with -- or rdiff will think you are passing it an empty option. RETURN VALUE
0 for successful completion, 1 for environmental problems (file not found, invalid options, IO error, etc), 2 for a corrupt file and 3 for an internal error or unhandled situation in librsync or rdiff. SEE ALSO
librsync(3) AUTHOR
Martin Pool <mbp@samba.org> The original rsync algorithm was discovered by Andrew Tridgell. rdiff development has been supported by Linuxcare, Inc and VA Linux Systems. $Date: 2002/01/25 21:25:34 $ rdiff(1)