Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C++ linking library to a library Post 303006565 by arunkumar_mca on Friday 3rd of November 2017 12:38:05 PM
Old 11-03-2017
C++ linking library to a library

Hi All,

My application main engine will use a shared library where we do many operation. We are trying to implement the linear algebra operation on the shared library for that I need to link my shared library to the lapack library in /usr/lib.

Below is my make file. Can you please let me know where can I link the lblas lib to this make file
Code:
IP_INCLUDE=../iplib
MKLIB_INCLUDE=../lib

LIBNAME=shared
YESBANVER=$(YESBAN_PRODUCT_MAJ)$(YESBAN_PRODUCT_MIN)
YESBANBLD=$(YESBAN_PRODUCT_BUILD_VER)
ARMAD=/home/armadillo3.4.4/armadillo-3.4.4/include
LLPAT=/usr/lib64

INCLUDEDIR=-I$(YESBAN_RWPATH_64)  -I$(YESBAN_RWINCLUDECTPATH_64) -I$(YESBAN_RWINCLUDEPATH_64) \
        -I$(YESBAN_SYBINCLUDE_64) -I$(IMS_INCLUDE) -I$(PFLIB_INCLUDE) -I. -I$(ARMAD) -I$(LLPAT)

#---------------------------------------------------------------------
# ---- Constants definitions
#               OPT_CPP                 - C++ Compiler Options
#               OPT_C                   - C Compiler Options
# ---------------------------------------------------------------------

#CPPOPTS=-D_OS_LINUX -DHPaCC -DSYB_LP64 -D_THREAD_SAFE -D__HPACC_THREAD_SAFE_RB_TREE

CPPOPTS=

# C++ Compiler

OPT_CPP=$(YESBAN_CCOPT) $(_OPT_CPP) $(INCLUDEDIR) $(YESBAN_RW_OPTS) -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DARMA_DONT_USE_WRAPPER

# C Compiler
# ----------
OPT_C=$(YESBAN_COPT) $(_OPT_C) $(INCLUDEDIR) -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DARMA_DONT_USE_WRAPPER

.SUFFIXES: .cpp .o .c

all:clean
        make -f GNUmakefile_64 $(YESBAN_BIN_64)/lib$(LIBNAME).a

rel:
        make -f GNUmakefile_64 $(YESBAN_BIN_64)/lib$(LIBNAME).a

dbg:
        make -f GNUmakefile_64 $(YESBAN_BINDBG_64)/lib$(LIBNAME).a

$(YESBAN_BIN_64)/lib$(LIBNAME).a: $(OBJECTS)
        $(YESBAN_AR) -r $@ $(OBJECTS)

$(YESBAN_BINDBG_64)/lib$(LIBNAME).a: $(DBGOBJECTS)
        $(YESBAN_AR) -r $@ $(DBGOBJECTS)

# --> C++ compilation
$(YESBAN_BIN_64)/%.o : %.cpp
        $(YESBAN_CC_64)  $(OPT_CPP) $< -o $@
# --> C compilation.
$(YESBAN_BIN_64)/%.o : %.c
        $(YESBAN_CC_64)  $(OPT_CPP) $< -o $@
# --> C++ compilation
$(YESBAN_BINDBG_64)/%.o : %.cpp
        $(YESBAN_CC_64) $(YESBAN_CCDEBUG)  $(OPT_CPP) $< -o $@

# --> C compilation.
$(YESBAN_BINDBG_64)/%.o : %.c
        $(YESBAN_CC_64) $(YESBAN_CDEBUG)  $(OPT_CPP) $< -o $@

Below is the error I am getting when I try to link by in make file above as below

Code:
OPT_CPP=$(YESBAN_CCOPT) $(_OPT_CPP) $(INCLUDEDIR) $(YESBAN_RW_OPTS) -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DARMA_DONT_USE_WRAPPER -llapack

Quote:
g++: -llapack: linker input file unused because linking not done

Last edited by arunkumar_mca; 11-03-2017 at 01:47 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Linking problem while linking to shared library

Hi I'm getting ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible ld: fatal: Flags processing errors When I run ld -shared -L/usr/dt/lib -lDtSvc -o builtin.so Workspace.o after running gcc -fPIC -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/dt/include -c Workspace.c I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laho
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Link error while linking a shared library in unix

Getting the following error , ld: /opt/syncsort39/lib/libsyncsort.sl: Mismatched ABI. 64-bit PA shared library found in 32-bit link. Is there any difference in the ld options in opt file while linking a 64 bit shared library ? Or is the problem because we are trying to link both 32 bit and 64... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

3. AIX

Help while linking the library in AIX

Hi, I have one library(libfoo.a) that is folder /home/xyz and my c program is in /home/xyz/cprog. Whenever I issue cc command cc -o test test.c -lfoo , i get the error /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfoo. echo $PATH has already listing of /home/xyz variable, even LIBPATH also has same entry... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishisoft1
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a Makefile from building static library to shared library?

Hi: I have a library that it only offers Makefile for building static library. It built libxxx.a file. How do I in any way build a shared library? (either changin the Makefile or direct script or command to build shared library) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpthk
1 Replies

5. Programming

Library linking with GMP

I am trying to set up the gnu multiple precision arithmetic library for some c++ programming I have to do. I am using a system with mac osx 10.6.3 and do NOT have root user access. I'm trying to use gmp 5.0.1. Since I don't have root user access, I had to install to a different directory Thus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluejayek
3 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Linking to a shared library

I'm trying to get Valgrind to work with an openmpi application in OS X. However I want to hardcode the path to a shared library called libmpiwrap-amd64-darwin.so into my application so that it is available at runtime. In Linux this is relatively simple, I would just add the option... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Valgrinder
0 Replies

7. Linux

./configure problem for libsf library due to apparently missing libdb library.

Hello, ./configure script fails to configure libsf. Please check the following last few lines of configure script error. checking for db1/db.h... no checking for db.h... yes checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no configure: error: No libdb? No libsf. But find command shows the following; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
4 Replies

8. AIX

Add shared members from library to same library in a different directory

I'm trying to install libiconv to AIX 7.1 from an rpm off of the perzl site. The rpm appears to install but I get this error message. add shr4.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a add shr.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kneemoe
5 Replies