Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script is not getting executed Post 303006511 by ripudaman.singh on Friday 3rd of November 2017 01:33:52 AM
Old 11-03-2017
the programme after exectrusteduser.com sh.com line is not getting executed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to know who executed a script?

Dear all I would like to capture who executed a script to a script's variable (i.e. testing.sh), so I can save it to a log file. testing.sh #! bin/ksh user=`<< code here >>` // get the info below in RED color <<main logic>> echo "$user execute testing.sh on `date`" >> testing.log ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: on9west
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script working successfully only when executed twice

Guys, i am facing a very strange issue, my code below does an ftp to server A and gets a file to Server B, once the file is in B an if condition is present to check if the pattern of the filename is ABC* then it has to be encrypted using OPENSSL as ABC.enc else if it of pattern 123* has to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meva
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables of executed script available in executing script

Hi, I have a script get_DB_var.ksh which do a data base call and get some variables as below: sqlplus -silent $user/$pass@dbname <<END select col1, col2, col3 from table_name where col4=$1; exit; END Now I want to access all these variables i.e.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
9 Replies

4. AIX

Script not getting executed via cron but executes when executed manually.

Hi Script not getting executed via cron but executes successfully when executed manually. Please assist cbspsap01(appuser) /app/scripts > cat restart.sh #!/bin/ksh cd /app/bin date >>logfile.out echo "Restart has been started....." >>logfile.out date >>logfile.out initfnsw -y restart... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script has been executed successfully or not??

Guys, How can we know whether a script has been executed successfully or not ? We dont have any log directories, and we are not given a chance to modify the script. Could someone help me out with this Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script executed from Informatica ETL tool is spawning 2 processes for one script

Hi, I am having a shell script which has a while loop as shown below. while do sleep 60 done I am executing this script from Informatica ETL tool command task from where we can execute UNIX commands/scripts. When i do that, i am seeing 2 processes getting started for one script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script not getting executed

Hi As per my requirement when I run . ./file.sh am getting the following error -bash:ELF: command not found when i execute as ./file.sh it is getting executed.How to resolve this. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pracheth
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

INIT Script Getting Executed Twice?

Hello All, I copied and pasted the "/etc/init.d/skeleton" file to a new one so I could create my own init script for a program. Basically the ONLY edit I made to the skeleton "template" so far was to search and replace "FOO" with "snort". *NOTE: I know there are a bunch of snort init scripts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture run time of python script executed inside shell script

I have bash shell script which is internally calling python script.I would like to know how long python is taking to execute.I am not allowed to do changes in python script.Please note i need to know execution time of python script which is getting executed inside shell .I need to store execution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adfire
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create file when script has executed

I would like to get some kind of notification when a script has been executed. I know how to get an email sent, but I something different. This works, unless it occurs when I am not at my computer. notify-send "Cleanup of Backup Directories complete." It could even involve creating... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
2 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-c COMMAND] [-e] [-f] [-q] [-t] [file] DESCRIPTION
Script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c COMMAND Run the COMMAND rather than an interactive shell. This makes it easy for a script to capture the output of a program that behaves differently when its stdout is not a tty. -e Return the exit code of the child process. Uses the same format as bash termination on signal termination exit code is 128+n. -f Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: One person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo' and another can super- vise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. -q Be quiet. -t Output timing data to standard error. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. Script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), scriptreplay(1). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
Script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. AVAILABILITY
The script command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. Linux July 30, 2000 Linux