Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Prototyping New Responsive Mobile UNIX.COM Post 303006509 by Neo on Friday 3rd of November 2017 12:53:45 AM
Old 11-03-2017
New Thread - Phase II

This discussion thread is getting kinda long with all my screen shots of the mobile site; so I am started a "Phase II" thread here:

Phase II will focus on changing many of the menus and buttons on the current mobile site prototype to use Javascript and CSS menus.

Prototyping New Responsive Mobile for UNIX.COM - Phase II

(... and closing this thread ...)

Please discuss or comment in the new thread.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Mobile App for UNIX.com?

Do we have a mobile app for unix.com? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending message to a mobile number through UNIX

Is it possible to add Pager Notification to mailx command?? Or by any other mean. just want to specify that by Pager i mean a message to the mobile number. Suppose i have following condition If ];then send a message to 9999999999 else no message to be sent fi Is it possible? I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
5 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Mobile Friendly Version of UNIX.COM

Hello, I have noticed some problems with Google complaining our site is not "https://search.google.com/www.usearch-console/mobile-friendly" using only Tapatalk. So, after a lot of work, I have re-enabled our legacy mobile style and make some improvements and Google has declared us "mobile... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Prototyping New Responsive Mobile for UNIX.COM - Phase II

Have completed "Phase I" of our project "Prototyping New Responsive Mobile UNIX.COM", I am now moving to "Phase II" which will be changing many of the menus and buttons to use Javascript and CSS for the mobile site menus. For example, here is the new "main side menu" for the mobile site (below).... (63 Replies)
63 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Prototyping New Responsive Mobile for UNIX.COM - Phase III

From Prototyping New Responsive Mobile for UNIX.COM - Phase II, we move to Phase III. Basically, the core prototype for every day browsing the forums, replying, posting and editing on mobile is nearly finished with the exception of a few formatting issues with regard to rare system messages or... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

New UNIX.COM Mobile Site Icons

Having given up for the time being with a very difficult game engine project to virtualizing cyberspace, am working on the forums again. Just updated a few icons on the mobile site. Explanations in the picture captions: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums214-picture855.jpeg ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Check Out UNIX.COM on Mobile - It's Looking Good

If you have not visited the site on mobile lately, you are missing out on a great looking mobile web site. If you don't have a mobile, you can always navigate to the sliding member panel and click on "Mobile View".... It's really looking killer'...... I'm starting to think that soon the... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

New Responsive 404 Page for UNIX.com

Just created (actually, only modified... it was created by ShoutOut) a new responsive 404 "not found" page with the help of ShoutOut free templates. https://www.unix.com/status/404.html Same for 401 and 403 errors. Picture sans animation: ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
WWWBrowser(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   WWWBrowser(3pm)

NAME
WWWBrowser - platform independent means to start a WWW browser SYNOPSIS
use WWWBrowser; WWWBrowser::start_browser($url, -oldwindow => 1); DESCRIPTION
start_browser($url [, %args]) Start a web browser with the specified URL. The process is started in background. The following optional parameters are recognized: -oldwindow => $bool Normally, the URL is loaded into a new window, if possible. With "-oldwindow" set to a false window, "WWWBrowser" will try to re-use a browser window. -browser => $browser Use (preferebly) the named browser $browser. See "CONFIGURATION" for a some browser specialities. This option will only work for unix. CONFIGURATION
For unix, the global variable @WWWBrowser::unix_browsers can be set to a list of preferred web browsers. The following browsers are handled specially: lynx, w3m Text oriented browsers, which are opened in an "xterm", "kvt" or "gnome-terminal" (if running under X11). If not running under X11, then no background process is started. kfmclient Use "openURL" method of kfm. netscape Use "-remote" option to re-use a running netscape process, if possible. _default_gnome Look into the "~/.gnome/Gnome" configuration file for the right browser. _default_kde NYI. The following variables can be defined globally in the main package: $os Short name of operating system ("win", "mac" or "unix"). &status_messages Error handling function (instead of default "warn"). REQUIREMENTS
For Windows, the Win32Util module should be installed in the path. AUTHOR
Slaven Rezic <slaven@rezic.de> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1999,2000,2001,2003 Slaven Rezic. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Win32Util. perl v5.10.0 2009-03-10 WWWBrowser(3pm)