Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sqlplus not connecting the 2nd time in for loop Post 303006506 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 2nd of November 2017 11:52:44 PM
Old 11-03-2017
Consider moving your loop above the sqlplus, and simply writing the script out fully FIRST, then connect once and execute the script. The unneeded overhead of what you are doing currently is excessive The select statement has errors, I fixed them and moved things around so that you invoke sqlplus one time, run a script which can have as many lines as you need.

I also do not see what all the redirections are for but that is your problem
Code:
while read j
	do
		echo $j > /data/datatransfer/Astra_pool_alert/j.csv
		awk -F "," '{print $1 "," $6}' j.csv >/data/datatransfer/Astra_pool_alert/output2.csv
		while IFS=, read V1 V2
		do
		echo $V1 $V2
		print "SELECT pi.memberid,pi.poolid,m.mediagtype from poolsitems pi inner join mediagroups m on
m.mediagroupid=pi.memberid where pi.poolid=%s$V1%s and pi.RELEASENUMBER=%s$V2%s
and m.mediagtype='17' and m.startdate <= sysdate and m.enddate >= sysdate;"  "'" "$V1" "'"  "'" "$V2" "'"

echo "$j" >> /data/datatransfer/Astra_pool_alert/final_output.csv
		done < /data/datatransfer/Astra_pool_alert/output2.csv > /tmp/tmp.sql
done		

sqlplus -S 'ajay/ajay@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=abcde)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(service_name=12345)))'  >>log_file_2>>err_file  <<EOF
set echo off head off feed off pagesize 0 trimspool on linesize 1000 colsep ,
SPOOL output3.csv REPLACE
start /tmp/tmp.sql
spool off;
exit;
EOF		
rm /tmp/tmp.sql

This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error connecting to sqlplus

Hi, I wrote a shell script to call oracle procedure. But when i am trying to connet sqlplus with the fallowing statement It is giving me error " callproce.sh : sqlplus: not found". What could be the problem. sqlplus -s $CONNECT_STRING >$LOGFILE <<!! thank u all papachi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: papachi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling sqlplus from within a for loop

i'm not new to programming, but i AM new to unix scripting. here's my deal. this works: #!/bin/ksh echo "HELLO" /oracle_home/bin/sqlplus username/password@MYDB<<EOF SELECT COUNT(*) FROM EMPLOYEES; EOF exit echo "GOODBYE" this doesn't: #!/bin/ksh echo "HELLO" for x in 1 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akosz
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Showing errors when connecting to sqlplus in shell script

hi, I am trying to automate the compilation of procedures stored in .sql files in Unix. Is there any way in which we can sho err if there errors are raised in the compilation? I am using the following code to connect to the sqlplus sqlplus ${SQL_USER}/${SQL_PASSWORD} (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: silas.john
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting through sqlplus

I am trying to connect to one of the oracle sever using uni through sqlplus command: sqlplus -s BOXI_ALPH_AUDITOR,Q078_audit$@Q047 But its not getting connected. I tried using some different server using same syntax its working. What differene i found is the password is having no special... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gander_ss
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to Oracle DB using sqlplus

Hi, I am very new to shell scripting and trying to write a simple shell script in which i am trying to achieve the following: 1. Connect to oracle database hosted on a different server 2. fire a query on the oracle db 3. store the output in a variable 4. use this variable for further logic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle DB using sqlplus

Hi, I am very new to shell scripting and trying to write a simple shell script in which i am trying to achieve the following: 1. Connect to oracle database hosted on a different server 2. fire a query on the oracle db 3. store the output in a variable 4. use this variable for further logic... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
26 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connecting once using sqlplus and doing multiple queries

Hello everyone, It's my first week using unix and shell scripting. I tried creating a script that has a function that execute SQL query. my script looks something like this: ---------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/sh tableName="myTable" secondTable="secondTable"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edlin_r
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF loop in sqlplus

Hi all, I am trying to use if loop inside SQLPLUS....is it possible...bcoz i tried a whole day with all the possibilities....no use...pls help Here's the code: KRITI = $? sqlplus -s /NOLOG << EOF connect $USER/$PASS IF $KRITI = 0 THEN create table kriti_employees( emp_id ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kritibalu
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

TNS Timeout Error when connecting to SQLPLUS through scripts only

Hi, I am facing a strange issue when connecting to SQLPLUS via a shell scripts. I am using Linux 2.6.18-274.18.1 and gbash shell. When I connect to SQLPLUS through scripts then it throws TNS Time Out error ""sometimes"" and connects successfully other times.This is only happening when... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aashish.sharma8
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting sqlplus from UNIX with multiple select statement

hi, i have a requirement where i need to connect sqlplus from unix and i am able to do so by following command: cust_count=`sqlplus -s $ORACLE_USER/$ORACLE_PASS@$ORACLE_SID << EOF set pagesize 0 set feedback off set verify off ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
1 Replies
break(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          break(1)

NAME
break, continue - shell built-in functions to escape from or advance within a controlling while, for, foreach, or until loop SYNOPSIS
sh break [n] continue [n] csh break continue ksh *break [n] *continue [n] DESCRIPTION
sh The break utility exits from the enclosing for or while loop, if any. If n is specified, break n levels. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosing for or while loop. If n is specified, resume at the n-th enclosing loop. csh The break utility resumes execution after the end of the nearest enclosing foreach or while loop. The remaining commands on the current line are executed. This allows multilevel breaks to be written as a list of break commands, all on one line. The continue utility continues execution of the next iteration of the nearest enclosing while or foreach loop. ksh The break utility exits from the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop, if any. If n is specified, then break n levels. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be exited. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop. If n is specified then resume at the n- th enclosed loop. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be used. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words that follow a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign, and also that word splitting and file name genera- tion are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), exit(1), ksh(1), sh( 1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Jul 2002 break(1)