Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need a script to parse data and output to csv Post 303006466 by RavinderSingh13 on Thursday 2nd of November 2017 12:30:07 PM
Old 11-02-2017
Hello sidnow,

Could you please try following and let me know if this helps you.
Code:
awk 'BEGIN{
  print "DateTime                  Address   Age     Name"
}
/^}/{
  print date1,add,age,name;
  next
}
/StudentInfo/{
  gsub(/\[|\]/,"");
  date1=$1 $2;
  next
}
/Address/{
  add=$3;
  next
}
/Age/{
  age=$3;
next
}
/Name/{
  name=NF==2?$2:$3;
  next
}'   Input_file

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script to parse a CSV

I am writing a unix script that will parse a CSV and edit the values. My CSV looks like this 0,0,0,0,1,0,1,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,2,0,0,0,0,0,0 10,11,7,0,4,12,2,3,7,0,11,3,12,4,0,5,5,4,5,0,8,6,12,0,9,3,3,0,2,7,8... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJ17
16 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse csv file, sha1 hash and output

I have a file, not really a csv, but containing delineated data just the same. Lets call that file "raw_data.txt". It contains data in the format of company name:fein number like this: first company name:123456789 second company name:987654321 what i need to do is read this file, apply... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: FreddyG
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

select data from oracle table and save the output as csv file

Hi I need to execute a select statement in a solaris environment with oracle database. The select statement returns number of rows of data. I need the data to be inserted into a CSV file with proper format. For that we normally use "You have to select all your columns as one big string,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract and parse XML data (statistic value) to csv

Hi All, I need to parse some statistic data from the "measInfo" -eg. 25250000 (as highlighted) and return the result into line by line, and erasing all other unnecessary info/tag. Thought of starting with grep "measInfoID="25250000" but this only returns 1 line. How do I get all the output... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackma
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help to parse csv file with shell script

Hello ! I am very aware that this is not the first time this question is asked here, because I have already read a lot of previous answers, but none of them worked, so... As said in the title, I want to read a csv file with a bash script. Here is a sample of the file: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grhyll
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH script to parse XML and generate CSV

Hi All, Hope all you are doing good! Need your help. I have an XML file which needs to be converted CSV file. I am not an expert of awk/sed so your help is highly appreciated!! XML file looks like this: <l:event dateTime="2013-03-13 07:15:54.713" layerName="OSB" processName="ABC"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output large volume of data to CSV file

I have a program that output the ownership and permission on each directory and file on the server to a csv file. I am getting error message when I run the program. The program is not outputting to the csv file. Error: the file access permissions do not allow the specified action cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse this file using awk and output in CSV format?

My source file looks like this: Cust-Number = "101" Cust-Name="Joe" Cust-Town="London" Cust-hobby="tennis" Cust-purchase="200" Cust-Number = "102" Cust-Name="Mary" Cust-Town="Newyork" Cust-hobby="reading" Cust-purchase="125" Now I want to parse this file (leaving out hobby) and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balav
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy data to CSV file from txt output

Hi Everyone , Below is output from a TL1 , I want just the NE Name: and beside that the Temperature and the voltages in a csv file , Is this possible? > act-user:AB1S2a:ArshadFO:493::**********; AB1S2a 2016-02-07 10:13:24 M 493 COMPLD "ArshadFO:2016-02-07 10-04-55,0" ;... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: adgjmpt
11 Replies

10. Programming

Python script to run multiple command and append data in output csv file

Experts, I am writing a script and able to write only small piece of code and not able to collect logic to complete this task. In input file have to look for name like like this (BGL_HSR_901_1AG_A_CR9KTR10) before sh iss neors. Record this (BGL_HSR_901_1AG_A_CR9KTR10) in csv file Now have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
0 Replies
IPURGE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 IPURGE(8)

NAME
ipurge - delete mail from IMAP mailbox or partition based on age or size SYNOPSIS
ipurge [ -f ] [ -C config-file ] [ -x ] [ -X ] [ -i ] [ -s ] [ -o ] [ -d days | -b bytes | -k Kbytes | -m Mbytes ] [ mailbox-pattern... ] DESCRIPTION
Ipurge deletes messages from the mailbox(es) specified by mailbox-pattern that are older or larger than specified by the -d, -b, -k or -m options. If no mailbox-pattern is given, ipurge works on all mailboxes. If the -x option is given, the message age and size MUST match exactly those specified by -d, -b, -k or -m. The are no default values, and at least one of -d, -b, -k or -m MUST be specified. Ipurge by default only deletes mail below shared folders, which means that mails in mailbox(es) below INBOX.* and user.* stay untouched. Use the option -f to also delete mail in mailbox(es) below these folders. Ipurge reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C. OPTIONS
-f Force deletion of mail in all mailboxes. -C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -d days Age of message in days. -b bytes Size of message in bytes. -k Kbytes Size of message in Kbytes (2^10 bytes). -m Mbytes Size of message in Mbytes (2^20 bytes). -x Perform an exact match on age or size (instead of older or larger). -X Use delivery time instead of Date: header for date matches -i Invert match logic: -x means not equal, date is for newer, size is for smaller -s Skip over messages that have the Flagged flag set. -o Only purge messages that have the Deleted flag set. FILES
/etc/imapd.conf CMU
Project Cyrus IPURGE(8)