Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help on awk to compare only integer on particular column Post 303006432 by Sumanthsv on Thursday 2nd of November 2017 07:13:36 AM
Old 11-02-2017
Hi @RavinderSingh13.. It's working fine.Thanks a lot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk compare column between 2 files

Hi, I would like to compare file1 and file2 file1 1 2 3 file2 1 a 2 b 3 c 4 d The result should only print out "d" in file 2. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamp008
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk column compare

I've been banging my head against the wall to accomplish the following. Given two files: File a.txt 12345 hello 32324 there File b.txt 12345 stuff 45454 howdy 32324 joe If column 1 matches between the two files, then print only the entire line of the 2nd file (b.txt in this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiggyboo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk compare column with date format

I have this code to compare columns 1 and 10 between file1 and file 2 and give me all records that match column 1 but dont match column 10 However column 10 is date format mm/dd/yy and awk cant read it and compare ...i tried awk < file1 -F~ '{print $10}' and it gave blank screen Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare string integer with an integer?

hi, how to I do this? i="4.000" if ; then echo "smaller" fi how do I convert the "4.000" to 4? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk compare column n replace with in one file

hi Friends need to compare columns in one file where the data looks like below laptop,IBM phone,samsung car,rental user1,laptop user2,laptop user3,phone want to get output as laptop,IBM phone,samsung car,rental user1,IBM user2,IBM user3,samsung need to seach $2 in array of $1 and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun1401
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare the second column of a file with the second column of another in awk

Hi, I know that this topic has been discussed in the past and I've tried to follow all the guidelines. Anyhow, I following describe my problem. I have a file (file1 , no. records = 67) containing pairs of IP addresses as follows (with single space as delimiter between the fields): example... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the values of a column in a same file using awk?

Dear Unix experts, I have got a file where I would like to compare the values of second column if first column is same in such a way that the difference between the values is >50. If not, I would like to discard both values. For example, my input file looks like - comp275_c0_seq2 73... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: utritala
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files column values using awk

Judi # cat File1 judi /export/home 76 judi /usr 83 judi # judi # cat File2 judi /export/home 79 judi /usr 82 judi # if COLUMN3 of File2 is greater that COLUMN3 of File1, then print File2's lines juid /export/home 79 Code tags please (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: judi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare two column using awk?

Hi team, I have below sample file. It has 4 columns. I want awk script to compare column2 and column4 row by row and print result in new column5 If value matches then result should be MATCHED if not then result should be NOT MATCHED Input file as below UDC_MSISDN,UDC_NPREFIX... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanul karim
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk or Shell script to compare Column-1 of two different CSV files and print if column-1 matche

Example: I have files in below format file 1: zxc,133,joe@example.com cst,222,xyz@example1.com File 2 Contains: hxd hcd jws zxc cst File 1 has 50000 lines and file 2 has around 30000 lines : Expected Output has to be : hxd hcd jws (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestPractice
5 Replies
FS_CLEANACL(1)						       AFS Command Reference						    FS_CLEANACL(1)

NAME
fs_cleanacl - Remove obsolete entries from an ACL SYNOPSIS
fs cleanacl [-path <dir/file path>+] [-help] fs cl [-p <dir/file path>+] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs cleanacl command removes from the access control list (ACL) of each specified directory or file any entry that refers to a user or group that no longer has a Protection Database entry. Such an entry appears on the ACL as an AFS user ID number (UID) rather than a name, because without a Protection Database entry, the File Server cannot translate the UID into a name. Cleaning access control lists in this way not only keeps them from becoming crowded with irrelevant information, but also prevents the new possessor of a recycled AFS UID from obtaining access intended for the former possessor of the AFS UID. (Note that recycling UIDs is not recommended in any case.) OPTIONS
-path <dir/file path>+ Names each directory for which to clean the ACL (specifying a filename cleans its directory's ACL). If this argument is omitted, the current working directory's ACL is cleaned. Specify the read/write path to each directory, to avoid the failure that results from attempting to change a read-only volume. By convention, the read/write path is indicated by placing a period before the cell name at the pathname's second level (for example, /afs/.abc.com). For further discussion of the concept of read/write and read-only paths through the filespace, see the fs mkmount reference page. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
If there are no obsolete entries on the ACL, the following message appears: Access list for <path> is fine. Otherwise, the output reports the resulting state of the ACL, following the header Access list for <path> is now At the same time, the following error message appears for each file in the cleaned directories: fs: '<filename>': Not a directory EXAMPLES
The following example illustrates the cleaning of the ACLs on the current working directory and two of its subdirectories. Only the second subdirectory had obsolete entries on it. % fs cleanacl -path . ./reports ./sources Access list for . is fine. Access list for ./reports is fine. Access list for ./sources is now Normal rights: system:authuser rl pat rlidwka PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "a" (administer) permission on each directory's ACL (or the ACL of each file's parent directory); the directory's owner and the members of the system:administrators group have the right implicitly, even if it does not appear on the ACL. SEE ALSO
fs_listacl(1), fs_mkmount(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_CLEANACL(1)