Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help on awk to compare only integer on particular column Post 303006425 by RudiC on Thursday 2nd of November 2017 06:29:17 AM
Old 11-02-2017
Any attempts / ideas / thoughts from your side?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk compare column between 2 files

Hi, I would like to compare file1 and file2 file1 1 2 3 file2 1 a 2 b 3 c 4 d The result should only print out "d" in file 2. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamp008
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk column compare

I've been banging my head against the wall to accomplish the following. Given two files: File a.txt 12345 hello 32324 there File b.txt 12345 stuff 45454 howdy 32324 joe If column 1 matches between the two files, then print only the entire line of the 2nd file (b.txt in this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiggyboo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk compare column with date format

I have this code to compare columns 1 and 10 between file1 and file 2 and give me all records that match column 1 but dont match column 10 However column 10 is date format mm/dd/yy and awk cant read it and compare ...i tried awk < file1 -F~ '{print $10}' and it gave blank screen Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare string integer with an integer?

hi, how to I do this? i="4.000" if ; then echo "smaller" fi how do I convert the "4.000" to 4? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk compare column n replace with in one file

hi Friends need to compare columns in one file where the data looks like below laptop,IBM phone,samsung car,rental user1,laptop user2,laptop user3,phone want to get output as laptop,IBM phone,samsung car,rental user1,IBM user2,IBM user3,samsung need to seach $2 in array of $1 and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun1401
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare the second column of a file with the second column of another in awk

Hi, I know that this topic has been discussed in the past and I've tried to follow all the guidelines. Anyhow, I following describe my problem. I have a file (file1 , no. records = 67) containing pairs of IP addresses as follows (with single space as delimiter between the fields): example... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the values of a column in a same file using awk?

Dear Unix experts, I have got a file where I would like to compare the values of second column if first column is same in such a way that the difference between the values is >50. If not, I would like to discard both values. For example, my input file looks like - comp275_c0_seq2 73... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: utritala
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files column values using awk

Judi # cat File1 judi /export/home 76 judi /usr 83 judi # judi # cat File2 judi /export/home 79 judi /usr 82 judi # if COLUMN3 of File2 is greater that COLUMN3 of File1, then print File2's lines juid /export/home 79 Code tags please (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: judi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare two column using awk?

Hi team, I have below sample file. It has 4 columns. I want awk script to compare column2 and column4 row by row and print result in new column5 If value matches then result should be MATCHED if not then result should be NOT MATCHED Input file as below UDC_MSISDN,UDC_NPREFIX... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanul karim
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk or Shell script to compare Column-1 of two different CSV files and print if column-1 matche

Example: I have files in below format file 1: zxc,133,joe@example.com cst,222,xyz@example1.com File 2 Contains: hxd hcd jws zxc cst File 1 has 50000 lines and file 2 has around 30000 lines : Expected Output has to be : hxd hcd jws (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestPractice
5 Replies
nameserv::auto(n)					       Name service facility						 nameserv::auto(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
nameserv::auto - Name service facility, Client Extension SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require nameserv::auto ?0.3? package require nameserv _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Please read the document Name service facility, introduction first. This package provides the exact same API as is provided by package nameserv, i.e the regular name service client. It differs from the for- mer by taking measures to ensure that longer-lived data, i.e. bound names, continuous and unfulfilled async searches, survive the loss of the connection to the name server as much as is possible. This means that the bound names and continuous and unfulfilled async searches are remembered client-side and automatically re-entered into the server when the connection comes back after its loss. For bound names there is one important limitation to such restoration: It is pos- sible that a name of this client was bound by a different client while the connection was gone. Such names are fully lost, and the best the package can and will do is to inform the user of this. API
The user-visible API is mainly identical the API of nameserv and is therefore not described here. Please read the documentation of name- serv. The differences are explained in the sections OPTIONS and EVENTS. OPTIONS
This package supports all the option of package nameserv, and one more. The additional option allows the user to specifies the time inter- val between attempts to restore a lost connection. -delay milliseconds The value of this option is an integer value > 0 which specifies the interval to wait between attempts to restore a lost connection, in milliseconds. The default value is 1000, i.e. one second. EVENTS
This package generates all of the events of package nameserv, and two more. Both events are generated for the tag nameserv. lost-name This event is generated when a bound name is truly lost, i.e. could not be restored after the temporary loss of the connection to the name server. It indicates that a different client took ownership of the name while this client was out of contact. The detail information of the event will be a Tcl dictionary containing two keys, name, and data. Their values hold all the informa- tion about the lost name. re-connection This event is generated when the connection to the server is restored. The remembered data has been restored when the event is posted. The event has no detail information. DESIGN
The package is implemented on top of the regular nameservice client, i.e. package nameserv. It detects the loss of the connection by lis- tening for lost-connection events, on the tag nameserv. It reacts to such events by starting a periodic timer and trying to reconnect to the server whenver this timer triggers. On success the timer is canceled, a re-connection event generated, and the package proceeds to re-enter the remembered bound names and continous searches. Another loss of the connection, be it during or after re-entering the remembered information simply restarts the timer and subsequent reconnection attempts. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category nameserv of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
nameserv(n) KEYWORDS
automatic, client, name service, reconnect, restore CATEGORY
Networking COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007-2008 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> nns 0.3 nameserv::auto(n)