Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FileChecksum Monitoring
Operating Systems Linux FileChecksum Monitoring Post 303006311 by mjoshi010207 on Tuesday 31st of October 2017 10:08:06 AM
Old 10-31-2017
FileChecksum Monitoring

Hello Experts,

I am looking for some script for FileChecksum monitoring , i have prepared the script but its not working as needed .

Strategy :
Code:
1) Copy ("passwd" "shadow" "/security/access.conf") to a new file location
2) Do , md5sum "/etc/passwd" "CopiedFile-Passwd"  >tmp/HPOM_Checksum.log
3) Do , md5sum -c /tmp/HPOM_Checksum.log
     if ("passwd" "shadow" "/security/access.conf") gets modified , the md5sum o/p string will be different
This can be checked from 
4) md5sum -c /tmp/HPOM_Checksum.log
sample o/p 
[root@oilvs011 tmp]# md5sum -c /tmp/HPOM_Checksum.log
/etc/passwd: FAILED
/var/opt/OV/log/hpom_passwd.md5: OK

5) If this gets modified , i again want to run the same loop.

Note : Whenever there is change in file the script has to copy the file again as in step 1

If you have any other better solution to work on this do let me know :

Code:
#!/bin/sh
CHECKSUM_PATH=/etc
AGENT_LOG=/var/opt/OV/log
declare -a arr=("passwd" "shadow" "/security/access.conf")
##now loop through the above array
for i in "${arr[@]}"
do
    LIST_FILE=`ls -lrt "$AGENT_LOG" |grep "hpom_$i.md5" |wc -l`
echo $LIST_FILE
if [ $LIST_FILE -eq 0 ]; then
    COPY=`cp "$CHECKSUM_PATH/$i" "$AGENT_LOG/hpom_$i.md5"`
fi
done
declare -a arr=("passwd" "shadow" "/security/access.conf")
##now loop through the above array
for j in "${arr[@]}"
   do
     CHECKSUM=`md5sum "$CHECKSUM_PATH/$j" "$AGENT_LOG/hpom_$j.md5" >/tmp/HPOM_Checksum.log`
     CHECKSUM_STATUS=`md5sum -c /tmp/HPOM_Checksum.log |grep FAILED |wc -l`
     echo $CHECKSUM_STATUS
       if [ $CHECKSUM_STATUS -eq 1 ]; then
          COPY=`cp "$CHECKSUM_PATH/$j" "$AGENT_LOG/hpom_$j.md5"`
          echo `date +%b/%d/%Y-%H:%M:%S` Checksum Failed for $i >> /tmp/HPOM_Log_Checksum.log
       fi
   done

Thanks,
Mahender Joshi

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 10-31-2017 at 11:53 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

monitoring script

i have a unix batch written in c, dealing with really time-consuming database operations i want to write a ksh script to monitor its performance. which items i should monitor? do you have any suggestions? 1)cputime 2)swap area 3)pmem 4) 5) what else? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bandwidth monitoring

Hi Gurus, Need to have a way to monitor Bandwidth utilization on Linux servers, running squid . Have worked on 3rd party monitoring tools like Bandwidth d, Nagios etc. But we are working to find out a way to monitor this through Sitescope, for which we need to find a file where the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy_murli
4 Replies

3. Programming

file monitoring

Hi i am am monitioring a file every 60 seconds and checking if the file has changed and if it has changed i append the changes to another file. i am able to monitior the change in file size but i have a problem copying the changes made in the file to another file. i am using lseek to seek the last... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: problems
1 Replies

4. AIX

Monitoring

Hi Can any one helpe me in obtaining commands , which enables me to know the following : Monitor Storage Monitor RAM & CPU Utilization Monitor Power Supply Best wishes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magasem
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help with monitoring stuff

Hi, I am trying to write a script to do monitoring kind of stuff, requirement - when a server is given a start it updates a file called server.log, I need to keep on grepping the word "Running" and as soon as it comes , script should be exited with the message , "Server came up... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilmenhdiratt
2 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Remote Monitoring

Hi All, I am writing a tool which remotely monitors network devices and sends an alarm if the device does not respond just like an NMS. Can I use Threads module and invoke a simultaneous ping/snmpwalk to 100 or more devices and raise an alarm if any of the devices do no respond? Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring Script

Hello All, I have written a script which will grep for error codes in a file and if the count for the same is about 500 it will send and smpp alert. Here is my code. #!/bin/bash #########################################################################################################... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a monitoring script

I currently have a shellscript to check the size of a filesystem and email me if the size is over a certain percentage (80%). I have this script on crontab and executes the shell every 10 mins. I have the above in place on 8 servers. It so happens that a file system on one of the servers is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goddevil
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

IOSTAT monitoring

Does anyone have an example of IOSTAT -eE in a script??????? Need to see the syntax in a script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: walnutpony123
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

HP -UX 11.31 monitoring

Hi, i have joined newly as a hp-ux admin... previously worked in linux environment can anyone tell me how to monitor memory and cpu utilization in hpux?? hp-ux is not as flexible as linux as i understand... please help me out by giving the commands needed and way of troubleshooting if the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasad@hp-ux
12 Replies