Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Force unmount of a SWAP filesystem left over from bad Live Upgrade Post 303006054 by mainegeek on Thursday 26th of October 2017 10:00:06 AM
Old 10-26-2017
Yes, it is an empty directory

Code:
[root@spahwfm1gz:/zoneroot/spahwfm1] # ls -lh
total 46
drwxr-xr-x  14 root     sys           55 Oct 25 18:30 dev
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         117 Aug 24 14:12 lu
drwxr-xr-x  50 root     root          59 Oct 26 09:18 root
[root@spahwfm1gz:/zoneroot/spahwfm1] # cd lu
[root@spahwfm1gz:/zoneroot/spahwfm1/lu] # ls -la
total 19
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         117 Aug 24 14:12 .
drwx------   5 root     root           5 May  5 20:30 ..
[root@spahwfm1gz:/zoneroot/spahwfm1/lu] # du -hs
   8K   .
[root@spahwfm1gz:/zoneroot/spahwfm1/lu] #

I also cannot remove it, was hoping to than be able to brute force an umount

Code:
[root@spahwfm1gz:/zoneroot/spahwfm1/lu] # cd ..
[root@spahwfm1gz:/zoneroot/spahwfm1] # rmdir lu
rmdir: directory "lu": Directory is a mount point or in use
[root@spahwfm1gz:/zoneroot/spahwfm1] # rm -Rf lu/
rm: Unable to remove directory lu/: Device busy

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Live upgrade Issue

Hi, I upgraded solaris 10 x86 from update 3 to update 7 with zones installed n UFS file system . The global zone was updated but the non global zone still shows update 3 what could be the reason for this and how can i update the local zones to update 7 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Can't Mount Disk / Image after bad unmount

I have had a little issue with one of my disks, the usb cacble was pulled out and one of the external drives on it would no longer mount. I used First Aid and it verified and repaired both OK / nothing to do). After lots of messing around and not being able to mount I used Drive Genius 2 and that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cranie
1 Replies

3. Solaris

No Space Left - Memory/Swap issue

:wall:I'm having a bit of a problem with Solaris 10u8 and one of our applications requesting memory and being told, "no space left". The break down: 24GB Physical Memory 8GB swap at the time of occurance, here's what a memory breakdown looks like: Page Summary Pages ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: aychbee45
21 Replies

4. Solaris

Live upgrade question

I want to basically update an ABE that someone created a few months back. I'm sure stuff has changed since it was made, and I was going to delete it and create a new one. But from what I'm looking at, the lumake appears like it would be a faster approach. I want to use live upgrade to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Live Upgrade Issue

I tried a live upgrade for one my solaris 10u8 server which didnt go sucessfull and after that i now have following mounts in memory. df: cannot statvfs /.alt.sol10u8_2/var: No such file or directory df: cannot statvfs /.alt.sol10u8_2/var/run: No such file or directory df: cannot statvfs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Live Upgrade Query

I am upgrading Solaris-9 Update-7 to Solaris-9 Update-9 through live upgrade. I am able to create another boot environment and have OS DVD inside server. But i am confused for, what command/path should I give for luupgrade. OS DVD is mounted on /mnt Boot environments are Solaris9old (Active now)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Live upgrade query

Hi All, Is it possible to use external san disk for creating alternate boot environment and boot from it.My root disk is about 70 gb and i want to use external san disk for 272gb to create alternate boot environment.If this is possible can you please redirect me some good documents, i had... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Live upgrade first steps

Hello Guys, I am a little confused about the first step in the live upgrade process. I will be glad if someone can clarify this for me. The pre-live upgrade patch, when do you add this patch to the OS you want to upgrade? 1. before creating the new boot environment? or 2. after creating... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

9. AIX

Filesystem unable unmount

Hi all , I have issue oracle filesystem name /oracle/SID unable to unmount even though no any process are running mentioned fs .would appreciate anyone assist further high level .my system running aix 6.1 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arulji
7 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)