Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding first and last name in a file Post 303005997 by RudiC on Wednesday 25th of October 2017 04:30:01 PM
Old 10-25-2017
Wouldn't
Code:
grep -i "$2, $1" file

work as well?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

finding a string in a file

hi all.. I dont know how to search for a string in a file.. I have tried doing.. I did google but didnt get effective answers..my code is as follows: int search(char* filename,const char* username,const char* passwd) { int flag=0; unsigned long fsize=0; unsigned long current=0;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ume1986
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script required for finding records in 1 file with corresponding another file.

Hi, I have a .txt file (uniqfields.txt) with 3 fields separated by " | " (pipe symbol). This file contains unique values with respect to all these 3 fields taken together. There are about 40,000 SORTED records (rows) in this file. Sample records are given below. 1TVAO|OVEPT|VO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RRVARMA
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding & Moving Oldest File by Parsing/Sorting Date Info in File Names

I'm trying to write a script that will look in an /exports folder for the oldest export file and move it to a /staging folder. "Oldest" in this case is actually determined by date information embedded in the file names themselves. Also, the script should only move a file from /exports to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikosey
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh - finding pattern in file and generating a new file

I am trying to find for the pattern in first 5 bytes of every line in a text file and then generate a new file with the pattern found. Example: expected pattern is '-' to be serached in first 5 bytes of file only. Input File ab-cd jan-09 ddddd jan09 cc-ww jan09 dsgdq jan-09 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: net
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in finding filesize , moving file , gzipping file

Hi , Please help with the following questions 1) how can i find size of a file ? i have written du -k $flname > s1 . Is this right ? Any other better suggeastions ? 2) how do I use mv command for moving the file ? I need the syntax with some examples 3) Command for printing the total... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Learning!
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting file name and finding extension of the file

Hi., How to extract the extension of a file which are present in the directory?. In my script I tried something like: echo abc_ss_222_54.txt | awk -F"" '{print $5}' But I din't got .txt echoed in console. Pl. suggest a solution for this. And also, for finding a specific... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IND123
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help finding a file where a pattern exists and the file has a timestamp

So, I know how to do some of this stuff on an individual level, but I'm drawing a blank as to how to put it all together. I have a pattern that I'm looking for in a log file. The log file I know came in yesterday, so I want to limit the search to that day's listing of files. How would I do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kontrol
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a file process ?

Hi, I am trying to find a file that have a different name than it should be processing, the file name is ( Fifa15 ) is there a command to use? I got that file by ps -ef | grep fifa15 but how do I know what is running ? thanks a lot, I am learning unix so sorry if that is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: latinooo
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Finding specific string in file and storing in another file

Text in input file is like this <title> <band height="21" isSplitAllowed="true" > <staticText> <reportElement x="1" y="1" width="313" height="20" key="staticText-1"/> <box></box> <textElement> <font fontName="Arial" pdfFontName="Helvetica-Bold"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aankita30
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)