Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Regular expressions
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regular expressions Post 303005973 by Aia on Wednesday 25th of October 2017 10:34:59 AM
Old 10-25-2017
Code:
sed 's/-[^.]*//'

This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

regular expressions in c++

How do I use the regular expressions in c++? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: szzz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expressions

Hi, can anyone advise me how to shorten this: if || ; then I tried but it dosent seem to work, whats the correct way. Cheers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack1981
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with regular expressions

I have following content in the file CancelPolicyMultiLingual3=U|PC3|EN RestaurantInfoCode1=U|restID1|1 ..... I am trying to use following matching extression \|(+) to get this PC3|EN restID1|1 Obviously it does not work. Any ideas? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: arushunter
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular expressions

Hi Gurus, I need help with regular expressions. I want to create a regular expression which will take only alpha-numeric characters for 7 characters long and will throw out an error if longer than that. i tried various combinations but couldn't get it, please help me how to get it guys. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expressions

Hello, Let say I have a string with content "Free 100%". How can extract only "100" using ksh? I would this machanism to work if instead of "100" there is any kind of combination of numbers(ex. "32", "1238", "1"). I want to get only the digits. I have written something like this: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatever
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regular Expressions

Hi, below is a piece of code written by my predecessor at work. I'm kind of a newbie and am trying to figure out all the regular expressions in this piece of code. It is really a tough time for me to figure out all the regular expressions. Please shed some light on the regular expressions... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular expressions

In regular expressions with grep(or egrep), ^ works if we want something in starting of line..but what if we write ^^^ or ^ for pattern matching??..Hope u all r familiar with regular expressions for pattern matching.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aadi_uni
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expressions

#!/usr/bin/perl $word = "one last challenge"; if ( $word =~ /^(\w+).*\s(\w+)$/ ) { print "$1"; print "\n"; print "$2"; } The output shows that "$1" is with result one and "$2" is with result challenge. I am confused about how this pattern match expression works step by step. I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavidHe
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with regular expressions

I have a file that I'm trying to find all the cases of phone number extensions and deleting them. So input file looks like: abc x93825 def 13234 x52673 hello output looks like: abc def 13234 hello Basically delete lines that have 5 numbers following "x". I tried: x\(4) but it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxalpine
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expressions

I am new to shell scripts.Can u please help me on this req. test_user = "Arun" if echo "test_user is a word" else echo "test_user is not a word" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandrababu
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)