Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash to extract file prefix and from input to use in output Post 303005967 by Aia on Wednesday 25th of October 2017 10:17:07 AM
Old 10-25-2017
Start by reading the file named list that contains the information.

Code:
dir_path=$PWD
while IFS= read line
do
    id=${line%.*}
    echo "$dir_path/${id}.whatever_else"
done < list

And build upon that.
This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract paragraphs from file in BASH script followed by prefix ! , !! and !!!

I]hi all i am in confusion since last 2 days :( i posted thraed yesterday and some friends did help but still i couldnt get solution to my problem let it be very clear i have a long log file of alkatel switch and i have to seperate the minor major and critical alarms shown by ! , !! and !!!... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nabmufti
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract a part of a path like (input: /etc/exp/home/bin ====> output: exp)

Hi, I need to make some extraction . with the following input to get the right output. input: /etc/exp/home/bin ====> output: exp and input: aex1234 ===> output: ex Thanks for your help, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeclota
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help: Extract filtered output from following input

Following is input: <P align="justify" ><FONT size="+1" color="#221E1F">the tiny bundles of hairs that protrude from them. Waves in the fluid of the inner ear stimulate the hair cells. Like the rods and cones in the eye, the hair cells convert this physical stimulation into neural im<FONT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parshant_bvcoe
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefix the current date and time to the output of ps

Hi, I need to write a script, that will take the current date, time, and the output from # ps -eo pid,tid,class,rtprio,ni,pri,psr,pcpu,stat,wchan:14,comm and spit it to a file, so it'll look like this... PID TID CLS RTPRIO NI PRI PSR %CPU STAT WCHAN COMMAND 1 1 TS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bloke
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract date from file header and prefix it to all lines

Hello All, I have a file in the following format. I want to extract the date(020090930, 020090929) in the string "STPAGE020090930" and "STPAGE020090929" and prefix it to all lines below them. The output must be put into a new file. STPAGE020090930 xyzz aalc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: john2022
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract the lines from input file

This is the sample input file b 05/Jul/2010:07:00:10 a 05/Jul/2010:06:00:10 b 05/Jul/2010:07:00:10 c 05/Jul/2010:07:10:10 d 05/Jul/2010:08:00:10 e 05/Jul/2010:09:00:10 f 05/Jul/2010:10:00:10 h 05/Jul/2010:11:00:10 i 05/Jul/2010:12:00:10 j ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Uniq prefix from a start and end prefix

Dear All, assume i have a file with content: <Start>6000</Start> <Stop>7599</Stop> the output is: 6000 7000 7100 7200 7300 7400 7599 how should we use any awk, sed, perl can do this task, means to extract the uniq prefixes from the start and stop prefix. Thanks Jimmy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to add unique prefix to extracted zip folder

In the bash below in each .zip there is a folder to be extracted Variants that I am trying to make unique by adding the prefix, before the _ from the .zip. The script does execute, but the prefix is not added to the extracted folder. Rather the Variants folder is added to each file within it. Thank... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to update file on prefix match in two directories

I am trying to use bash to loop through a directory /path/to/data using a prefix match from /path/to/file. That match is obtained and works using the code below (in green)... what I can not seem to do is populate or update the corresponding prefix_file.txt in /path/to/data with the values in each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
BASHBUG(1)						      General Commands Manual							BASHBUG(1)

NAME
bashbug - report a bug in bash SYNOPSIS
bashbug [--version] [--help] [email-address] DESCRIPTION
bashbug is a shell script to help the user compose and mail bug reports concerning bash in a standard format. bashbug invokes the editor specified by the environment variable EDITOR on a temporary copy of the bug report format outline. The user must fill in the appropriate fields and exit the editor. bashbug then mails the completed report to bug-bash@gnu.org, or email-address. If the report cannot be mailed, it is saved in the file dead.bashbug in the invoking user's home directory. The bug report format outline consists of several sections. The first section provides information about the machine, operating system, the bash version, and the compilation environment. The second section should be filled in with a description of the bug. The third sec- tion should be a description of how to reproduce the bug. The optional fourth section is for a proposed fix. Fixes are encouraged. ENVIRONMENT
bashbug will utilize the following environment variables if they exist: EDITOR Specifies the preferred editor. If EDITOR is not set, bashbug defaults to emacs. HOME Directory in which the failed bug report is saved if the mail fails. TMPDIR Directory in which to create temporary files and directories. SEE ALSO
bash(1) AUTHORS
Brian Fox, Free Software Foundation bfox@gnu.org Chet Ramey, Case Western Reserve University chet@po.cwru.edu GNU Bash-4.0 1998 July 30 BASHBUG(1)