Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Java expiry information
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Java expiry information Post 303005823 by jim mcnamara on Monday 23rd of October 2017 10:07:00 PM
Old 10-23-2017
I do not think it stops functioning and I did not know that, so my advice was not correct.
I apologize for the incorrect information.

Here is the oracle statement on java eol dates. AFAIK they are just that, dates.

Oracle Java SE Support Roadmap

Hmm.
Code:
# J == path/to/java
 strings $J | grep '[0-9]{2}\/[0-9]{2}\/[0-9]{4}'

So it is not embedded as a human readable date in the executable image I have
java version == 8-151

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 10-23-2017 at 11:16 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password expiry

Hi, under SUN Unix, in which file the expiry date of a user password is indicated ? Many thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

2. Solaris

passwd expiry

any one can help me from where this command passwd -s root fetching from...? so that i can write the script for cheking root password expiry which are expiring before 2 days and sent a mail... Please give me the script if u have....! :b: Solaris any version... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to set an non-expiry in HP-Unix

Hi all, want to know how to reset the password in non-expiry in HP-unix....? please some one hwlp me...! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Certificate Expiry Dates

Hi, we are having the installed cerificates in our unix server's. The certificates are in following format : cacert.pem,cert8.db,ois294.sem,CertGenCAKey.der,ss_keystore.jks So i want to know the Expiry date for these certificates. how to get the valid FROM to TO dates for these kind of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srujana
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

expiry of a linux id?

Hi, Can anyone suggest, how or from where we can understand the expiry time of a linux id, whether login or ftp? My concern is like, i want to know when the ftpid configured on an automated system will expire, so that i can configure some notice or email mentioning that the particular id... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Notification of password expiry.

Hi, Is there any way of sending an email to a number of users indicating that the passwords of user accounts will expire? Currently we have a test server with a number of oracle test accounts on it. Each of these accounts correspond to an instance of Oracle on the server. These... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Notification of password expiry.

Hi, Is there any way of sending an email to a number of users indicating that the passwords of user accounts will expire? Currently we have a test server with a number of oracle test accounts on it. Each of these accounts correspond to an instance of Oracle on the server. These... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

8. Programming

Making an information matrix using Java

Hello all, I'm doing some research in Biostatistics this summer studying chloroplast genomes. I have 19 text files that look exactly like this: Name: Marchantia polymorpha FileName: NC_001319 Bases: 121024 Genes: rps12 <85..842 rps7 (892..1359) ndhB (1514..3555)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akreibich07
0 Replies

9. AIX

User expiry

Hi When a new user is created and their password is set to require changing at first login, is it possible to expire the account if they don't login whithin 10 days ? Thanks Nigel (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garwoon
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

passwd expiry notification

Hi, I'm trying to set password expiry notification. But unable to do so. >I do not have permission for "passwd -s" on Sun OS(SunOS 5.9 Generic_122300-60 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R). >Also tried "chage -l <username>" but it is not configured. I'm just an appln user in that system. Could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
2 Replies
serialver(1)						      General Commands Manual						      serialver(1)

NAME
serialver - serial version command SYNOPSIS
serialver [ options ] [ classnames ] options Command-line options, as specified in this document. classnames One or more class names. DESCRIPTION
serialver returns the serialVersionUID for one or more classes in a form suitable for copying into an evolving class. When invoked with no arguments, it prints a usage line. OPTIONS
-classpath <directories and zip/jar files separated by:> Set search path for application classes and resources. -show Displays a simple user interface. Enter the full class name and press either the Enter key or the Show button to display the serialVersionUID. -Joption Pass option to the Java virtual machine, where option is one of the options described on the man page for the java applica- tion launcher, java(1). For example, -J-Xms48m sets the startup memory to 48 megabytes. It is a common convention for -J to pass options to the underlying virtual machine. SEE ALSO
See (or search java.sun.com) for the following: java.io.ObjectStreamClass @ http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5/docs/api/java/io/ObjectStreamClass.html 24 June 2004 serialver(1)