Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Listing files older than 30 days Post 303005788 by Home on Monday 23rd of October 2017 07:10:44 AM
Old 10-23-2017
Listing files older than 30 days

Hi,

Could someone help me that what the problem is in this code?

Code:
#!/bin/sh 

FOLDER=/abc/datasource/checkstatus

TIMESTAMP=$(date +%s) 

for filename in $(find $FOLDER -maxdepth 1 -type f -name "CHECK_STATUS*"); do

f1=$($filename -Eo "[0-9]{4}[0-9-]+")

f2=$(date -d "$f1" +%s)

if $TIMESTAMP-$f2 -gt 2592000; then 

echo $(basename "$filename")

fi

done

exit 0;

Thank you.

Last edited by Home; 10-24-2017 at 08:41 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing files older than 2 months

A script or command to list files older than 2 months in a specified directory and remove it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbekal
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I delete files older than 7 days?

I will like to write a script that delete all files that are older than 7 days in a directory and it's subdirectories. Can any one help me out witht the magic command or script? Thanks in advance, Odogboly98:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: odogbolu98
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files older than 5 days and remove tem after listing

need help with this ... Find files older than 5 days and remove tem after listing list "test" file older than 5 days and then remove them (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ypatel6871
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting files older than 7 days

Hi Guys, I want to delete folder/files older than 7 days. Im using the command below. find /test/test1 -mtime +7 -print0 | xargs -0 rm -Rf /test/test1/* which works ok, but it deletes the test1 folder as well which i dont want. The test1 folder will have a list of sub-folders which in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shezam
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files more than 15 days older

i have to delete files which are older than 15 days or more except the ones in the directory Current and also *.sh files i have found the command for files 15 days or more older find . -type f -mtime +15 -exec ls -ltr {} \; but how to implement the logic to avoid directory Current and also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files older than 30 days

Dear Friends, I have two queries. 1) I want to see the list of folders which were created 29 days ago. 2) I want to see the folders in which last created file is older than 29 days. Can it be done? Thank you in advance Anushree (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting files older than 7 days

Hi Guys, I am new to unix I am looking for a script to delete files older than 7 days but i also want to exclude certain directories (like arch,log .....) and also some files with extensions ( like .ksh, .ch, ..............) Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MAYAMAYA0451
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files older than 50 days

Hi All, OS :- HP-UX wm5qa B.11.23 U ia64 1119805695 unlimited-user license I need to search files older than 50 days. I've used following command in order to search desired files, I also discoverd, it's showing today's files as well. Do you have any clue with this ? wmqa1> find .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok.behria
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

listing processes older than n days

Hello; trying to find processes older than n days, mostly user shells Tried the following code on 11.31 box: in this case older than 5 days UNIX95= ps -ef -o user,pid,ppid,cpu,etime,stime | grep "-" | awk '{print $2}' | xargs ps -ef|grep -v '?' |\ awk '$5 !~ ""' | awk '($5 ~ "$(date "+%b")")... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
6 Replies
BASENAME(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       BASENAME(1)

NAME
basename, dirname -- return filename or directory portion of pathname SYNOPSIS
basename string [suffix] basename [-a] [-s suffix] string [...] dirname string DESCRIPTION
The basename utility deletes any prefix ending with the last slash '/' character present in string (after first stripping trailing slashes), and a suffix, if given. The suffix is not stripped if it is identical to the remaining characters in string. The resulting filename is written to the standard output. A non-existent suffix is ignored. If -a is specified, then every argument is treated as a string as if basename were invoked with just one argument. If -s is specified, then the suffix is taken as its argument, and all other arguments are treated as a string. The dirname utility deletes the filename portion, beginning with the last slash '/' character to the end of string (after first stripping trailing slashes), and writes the result to the standard output. EXAMPLES
The following line sets the shell variable FOO to /usr/bin. FOO=`dirname /usr/bin/trail` DIAGNOSTICS
The basename and dirname utilities exit 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
csh(1), sh(1) STANDARDS
The basename and dirname utilities are expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. BSD
April 18, 1994 BSD