Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XML parsing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML parsing Post 303005783 by RavinderSingh13 on Monday 23rd of October 2017 06:15:29 AM
Old 10-23-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_t_1601
Thanks Rudi however im unable to using variable replacement inside gsub
Code:
 awk -F "[><]" '/VALUEPAIR EXECORDER/{gsub(/VALUE =\"*\"/,VALUE = $STR1)}1'  wf_DB2zOS_DB2PAAA_TCHK_ACCT_MASTER.xml

thanks
Hello r_t_1601,

Not sure how you want to substitute the string VALUE with multiple strings as it is present in many places, following is the example of using one variable and doing substitution with VALUE string.
Code:
awk -v STR1='/scripts/waitForDummyFilePDS.sh -f$Paramdummyfile -H$ParamIP -e$Paramemail -j$Paramprefilename'  -v STR2="scripts/waitForDummyFilePDS.sh -f$Paramdummyfile -H$ParamIP -e$Paramemail -j$Parampostfilename" '/VALUEPAIR EXECORDER/{sub("VALUE =","&"STR1)} 1'   Input_file

Above is only an example how to use variables in awk, in case you have more requirements then kindly mention them clearly.

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

XML parsing

Hi I want to take an XML file and transform it into a pipe-delimited format. What is the best tool to use for this? I have libxml2 which seems to be the best xml parser around. The xml file will have the following format. <Txn> <Date>120504</Date> <id>99</id> <Items> <Item>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: handak9
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing xml

I want to use wget comment to parse an xml parse that exist in an online website. How can I connect it using shell script through Unix and how can I parse it?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walnut
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parsing

Hi, Need a script to parse the following xml file content <tag1 Name="val1"> <abc Name="key"/> <abc Name="pass">*********</abc> </tag1> <tag2 Name="Core"> <Host Name="a.b.c"> <tag1 Name="abc"> <abc Name="ac">None</abc> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mavericc
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing

I have a xml file attached. I need to parse parameterId and its value My output should be like 151515 38 151522 32769 and so on.. Please help me. Its urgent (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML

Learned People, Hello ! Till today, for the most part, all of the tricky questions/situations that I encountered were already posted by other folks and all I had to do was peruse through these one at a time and I could find some sort of an answer and all I had to do was add some minor tweaks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ManoharMa
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XML Parsing

I had a big XML and from which I have to make a layout as below *TOTAL+CB | *CB+FX | CS |*IR | *TOTAL | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- |CB FX | | | | DMFXNY EMSGFX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML

I am trying to parse an xml file and trying to grab certain values and inserting them into database table. I have the following xml that I am parsing: <dd:service name="locator" link="false"> <dd:activation mode="manual" /> <dd:run mode="direct_persistent" proxified="false" managed="true"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: $criptKid617
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML: parsing of the Google contacts XML file

I am trying to parse the XML Google contact file using tools like xmllint and I even dived into the XSL Style Sheets using xsltproc but I get nowhere. I can not supply any sample file as it contains private data but you can download your own contacts using this script: #!/bin/sh # imports... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing

i have xml output in below format... <AlertsResponse> <Alert id="11216" name="fgdfg"> <AlertActionLog timestamp="1356521629778" user="admin" detail="Recovery Alert"/> </Alert> <Alert id="11215" name="gdfg <AlertActionLog timestamp="1356430119840" user=""... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parsing :

HI I want to parse below file in to two output :- Input :- ?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <bulkCmConfigDataFile xmlns:un="utranNrm.xsd" <configData dnPrefix="Undefined"> <xn:SubNetwork id="ONRM_ROOT_MO_R"> <xn:MeContext id="C136"> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
3 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)