Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Mount error in Linux: invalid argument Post 303005774 by nanz143 on Monday 23rd of October 2017 04:40:48 AM
Old 10-23-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksd8
Are you holding both volume up and volume down buttons when powering up?

Have you tried Clockwork Mod recovery instead?
At the moment once the device is powered on it default loads to the fastboot screen, power and volume up loads a blank screen, have to reboot it.
Clockwork mod or any other recovery is not flashable, could load the twrp also with nexus root tool only

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

stty: : Invalid argument

Hello Everyone; I have a script that is throwing the following message: stty: : Invalid argument The line that gives the message is the following, sailormoon$ scp home/voice.xml newwave@silvermoon:/newwave/config/radius stty: : Invalid argument voice.xml | ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tony3101
2 Replies

2. Solaris

ps: 65535 is an invalid non-numeric argument for -p option

I want to figure out what is the reason of error message I have in Solaris 10. Why Solaris 10 dosn't recognize 65535? ps: 65535 is an invalid non-numeric argument for -p option usage: ps 'format' is one or more of: Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
5 Replies

3. Programming

error "Invalid argument" returned after call sched_setscheduler

the code is below and the was run on Solaris 9. ----------------------------- struct sched_param param; param.sched_priority = 99; if(sched_setscheduler(0, SCHED_RR, &param) == -1) { perror("setting priority"); exit(1); } ------------------------------- after the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robin.zhu
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

msgrcv : Invalid argument

Hi All, Please guide me how to get rid : msgrcv : Invalid argument. I am using message queues: msgsnd and msgrcv, I am able to send through msgsnd and receive through msgrcv, but at times i get the belo error. msgrcv : Invalid argument. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: answers
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Invalid Argument and glassfish

I tried to install glassfish on Solaris 10 and it worked fine on other instances. I got the below message bash-3.00# ./sjsas-9_1_01-solaris-sparc.bin -console bash: ./sjsas-9_1_01-solaris-sparc.bin: Invalid argument I logged on as root and the file has execute permission. So strange. Do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Andrew2008
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

sendto invalid argument

Hi I lost a lot of time in understanding the message "sendto Invalid argument" when I execute the following code. This code is a simple UDP sender improved with some reliability feature. My goal is to send a file. I've reported only the code which may be useful. Can anyone help me? Thank you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Puntino
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

invalid argument in semctl()

When I am using the function semctl() it is giving me error as the INVALID ARGUMENT. Can any body give me the possible reasons??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asimibm
2 Replies

8. Programming

SIOCSARP: Invalid Argument.

Hello everybody, I've been programming an alternative to linux's standard 'arp' program. I can delete arp entries (SIOCDARP), get arp entries (SIOCGARP), but i'm having troubles setting entries with ioctl. I can't set any PERM, USETRAILERS, or COM address. It only adds PUB entries and i don't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl "Invalid argument error"

Hi , we have a issue in server, we are running a perl script to connect our clients, but we are not able to connect, every time we are getting the "Invalid argument error" Even i checked all the necessary perl modules are i installed in this server, #create the listen socket my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Can't chgrp. Error - chgrp: changing group of `<file>': Invalid argument

I found that I cannot chgrp for some reason with error: chgrp: changing group of `<file>': Invalid argument This happens on all NFS mounted disks on client machines. We use AD (not my call) for authentication and it also provides groups. We have a NFS server running Scientific Linux 6.3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venmx
1 Replies
vx_emerg_start(1M)														vx_emerg_start(1M)

NAME
vx_emerg_start - start Veritas Volume Manager from recovery media SYNOPSIS
vx_emerg_start [-m] [-r root_daname] hostname DESCRIPTION
The vx_emerg_start utility can be used to start Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) when a system is booted from alternate media, or when a sys- tem has been booted into Maintenance Mode Boot (MMB) mode. This allows a rootable VxVM configuration to be repaired in the event of a cat- astrophic failure. vx_emerg_start verifies that the /etc/vx/volboot file exists, and checks the command-line arguments against the contents of this file. OPTIONS
-m Mounts the root file system contained on the rootvol volume after VxVM has been started. Prior to being mounted, the rootvol volume is started and fsck is run on the root file system. -r root_daname Specifies the disk access name of one of the members of the root disk group that is to be imported. This option can be used to spec- ify the appropriate root disk group when multiple generations of the same root disk group exist on the system under repair. If this option is not specified, the desired root disk group may not be imported if multiple disk groups with the same name exist on the sys- tem, and if one of these disk groups has a more recent timestamp. ARGUMENTS
hostname Specifies the system name (nodename) of the host system being repaired. This name is used to allow the desired root disk group to be imported. It must match the name of the system being repaired, as it is unlikely to be recorded on the recovery media from which you booted the system. NOTES
HP-UX Maintenance Mode Boot (MMB) is intended for recovery from catastrophic failures that have prevented the target machine from booting. If a VxVM root volume is mirrored, only one mirror is active when the system is in MMB mode. Any writes that are made to the root file sys- tem in this mode can corrupt this file system when both mirrors are subsequently configured. The vx_emerg_start script allows VxVM to be started while a system is in MMB mode, and marks the non-boot mirror plexes as stale. This prevents corruption of the root volume or file system by forcing a subsequent recovery from the boot mirror to the non-boot mirrors to take place. USAGE
After VxVM has been started, various recovery options can be performed depending on the nature of the problem. It is recommended that you use the vxprint command to determine the state of the configuration. One common problem is when all the plexes of the root disk are stale as shown in the following sample output from vxprint: v rootvol root DISABLED 393216 - ACTIVE - pl rootvol-01 rootvol DISABLED 393216 - STALE - sd rootdisk01-02 rootvol-01 ENABLED 393216 0 - - pl rootvol-02 rootvol DISABLED 393216 - STALE - pl rootvol-02 rootvol DISABLED 393216 - STALE - sd rootdisk02-02 rootvol-02 ENABLED 393216 0 - - In this case, the volume can usually be repaired by using the vxvol command as shown here: vxvol -g 4.1ROOT -f start rootvol If the volume is mirrored, it is put in read-write-back recovery mode. As the command is run in the foreground, it does not exit until the recovery is complete. It is then recommended that you run fsck on the root file system, and mount it, before attempting to reboot the sys- tem: fsck -F vxfs -o full /dev/vx/rdsk/4.1ROOT/rootvol mkdir /tmp_mnt mount -F vxfs /dev/vx/dsk/4.1ROOT/rootvol /tmp_mnt SEE ALSO
fsck(1M), mkdir(1M), mount(1M), vxintro(1M), vxprint(1M), vxvol(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vx_emerg_start(1M)