Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX.com response times
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators UNIX.com response times Post 303005636 by Neo on Friday 20th of October 2017 11:52:15 AM
Old 10-20-2017
Site is a bit slower because I bumped up GoogleBot to index the site at "full pull" speed; and this is normally to high of a pull rate and will need to back it off soon.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with implementing the times() function in C (struct tms times return zero/negative values)

Hello, i'm trying to implement the times() function and i'm programming in C. I'm using the "struct tms" structure which consists of the fields: The tms_utime structure member is the CPU time charged for the execution of user instructions of the calling process. The tms_stime structure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

feasibility of opening a website link from unix and get a response in the form of xml or html

i just wanted to know whether is it possible to open a website link and get a response in the form of xml or html format... the website is of local network... for example something like this wget http://blahblah.samplesite.com/blachblahcblach/User/jsp/ShowPerson.jsp?empid=123456 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Response Times

Hello all. Let me qualify my question by saying that I am struggling with how to ask the question I am semi green but have no issue reading up if pointed in the right direction. Please be gentle! A RHEL server 6.2. Hosts a statistical application that has some web apps and batch programming... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh01
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Changing Times at UNIX.COM

Over the past year, I have written so much code at UNIX.COM, I've gained 4 KGs just sitting at my desk and not exercising! However, it seems that "no good deed goes unpunished" and not only have I sacrificed my health (gaining weight, not exercising as much), but there is also my family who is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Choosing VPN server based on server response times

Hello all, I am using the VPN provider Private Internet Access. I am using the Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB of RAM, performance on this upgraded board is great. Anyways I am connecting to its service using systemd's openvpn-client @ US_New_York_City.service I wonder if I can create a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: haloslayer255
5 Replies
smd-loop(1)						 Sync Mail Dir (smd) documentation					       smd-loop(1)

NAME
smd-loop - iterates smd-pull and smd-push SYNOPSIS
smd-loop [-vt] DESCRIPTION
smd-loop runs smd-push and smd-pull at regular intervals as defined by the user in the ~/.smd/loop configuration file. On errors that are reported to be transient, it retries a second time before failing. The configuration file is line-oriented. Each line is composed of three space separated fields: pull-frequency, push-frequency and end- point-name. Frequencies are expressed in minutes, while endpoint name is a valid name for smd-pull(1) and smd-push(1). Lines beginning with # are considered as comments. The following example calls the command smd-pull default every 3 minutes, and smd-push default every 10. Example: # pull-frequency push-frequency endpoint-name 3 10 default OPTIONS
-v Increase program verbosity (printed on stderr) -t Just create a template configuration file if none FILES
~/.smd/loop SEE ALSO
mddiff(1), smd-server(1), smd-client(1), smd-push(1), smd-pull(1) AUTHOR
Enrico Tassi <gares@fettunta.org> 11 June 2012 smd-loop(1)