Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to make NFS4 mount permanent ? Post 303005634 by rbatte1 on Friday 20th of October 2017 11:49:40 AM
Old 10-20-2017
Great! Take a note of the stanza it added to /etc/filesystems and you can add more by just editing the file.

Just be careful to get the structures correct. I think it loads every valid one, so just don't mess around with those that are critical to the OS and you can always recover.

Sadly I no longer manage AIX servers after being made redundant 2 years ago, so you have brought up a fond memory. Smilie

Kind regards,
Robin
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make ulimit change permanent

ulimit -a gives the following output:$ulimit -a time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) 2097152 data(kbytes) 131072 stack(kbytes) 16384 memory(kbytes) unlimited coredump(blocks) 32768 nofiles(descriptors) 400 vmemory(kbytes) 147456 Abot output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nervous
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to make and mount a Partition

Hi, I need to mount a new partition in a series of Pc that have a single hard drive of 20 GB; the used and partioned space amounts to 10 GB, between root, boot and swap; the script is to make the mounting process automatic These are the contents of my script: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HernandJ2
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how do i make a route entry permanent in the routing table on solaris 8?

how do I make sure that the entry in the routing table on Solaris 8 stay permanent after rebooting the server. For example route add 172.20.1.60 -netmask 255.255.255.0 172.20.255.253 Each time the server reboots the entry disappears when using the command netstat -nr (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make Environment Variable Permanent ??

How can i set a environment variable in unix shell ?? I can set it using setenv or export but when i close & open the terminal again i couldn't see that environment variable, how can i make that change permanent ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaditya
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Process to make changed MAC address permanent

Hi If suppose there is a MAC address of NIC port. I have change the MAC address through following command # ifconfig hme0 ether a:0:30:f0.ad:51 The change MAC address will be there till reboot. Now I would like to know how to make the change MAC address permanent. I believe that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

NFS4 mount

Hi all, I am trying to configure an NFS4 server and client. I have been through the entire setup and i have managed to mount the directory as i wanted to however it doesn't seem quite right. My server is "swstage", the NFS4 pseudofilesystem is "/NFS4", the directory i am trying to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
7 Replies

7. Solaris

how to make IP address permanent.

Greetings, I am using solaris10 x86 OS. I configured IP address using the command. >ifconfig e1000g0 plumb >ifconfig e1000g0 200.200.0.1 up How to make this configured IP as permanent.. to solaris os. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

NFS4 Mount issue - ASAP

Hi, I am trying to mount via nfs4 # mount -t nfs4 10.1.56.16:/Apps /works/apps/xyz Error: Warning rpc.idmapd apperas not to be running all uids will be mapped to the nobody uid mount to NFS server "10.1.56.16' failed RPC error: program/version mismatched pls help - this is coming... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Will authconfig make permanent change or lost after reboot?

Hi, I made following configuration to create user directory: # authconfig --enablemkhomedir --update But the directory is created as permission 755, I'd like to modify the script to change directory access permission to 700, where is the script which copies /etc/skel to /home... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add character to specific columns using sed or awk and make it a permanent change

Hi, I am writing a shell script where I want that # should be added in all those lines as the first character where the pattern matches. file has lot of functions defined a.sh #!/bin/bash fn a { beautiful evening sunny day } fn b { } fn c { hello world .its a beautiful day ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashima jain
12 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. mount.nfs4 is used for mounting NFSv4 file system, while mount.nfs is used to mount NFS file systems versions 3 or 2. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)