Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to make NFS4 mount permanent ? Post 303005628 by System Admin 77 on Friday 20th of October 2017 10:20:59 AM
Old 10-20-2017
Thank you Robin!

my bad, how come I missed this. I was looking (scanning) for this option on smit panel. I was thinking that, there's no option to choose NFS version.
This was my fault, failure to notice. sorry.

By default it was set to "any". I just selected "4".

It worked, added entry to "/etc/filesystems".
Thanks much! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make ulimit change permanent

ulimit -a gives the following output:$ulimit -a time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) 2097152 data(kbytes) 131072 stack(kbytes) 16384 memory(kbytes) unlimited coredump(blocks) 32768 nofiles(descriptors) 400 vmemory(kbytes) 147456 Abot output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nervous
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to make and mount a Partition

Hi, I need to mount a new partition in a series of Pc that have a single hard drive of 20 GB; the used and partioned space amounts to 10 GB, between root, boot and swap; the script is to make the mounting process automatic These are the contents of my script: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HernandJ2
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how do i make a route entry permanent in the routing table on solaris 8?

how do I make sure that the entry in the routing table on Solaris 8 stay permanent after rebooting the server. For example route add 172.20.1.60 -netmask 255.255.255.0 172.20.255.253 Each time the server reboots the entry disappears when using the command netstat -nr (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make Environment Variable Permanent ??

How can i set a environment variable in unix shell ?? I can set it using setenv or export but when i close & open the terminal again i couldn't see that environment variable, how can i make that change permanent ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaditya
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Process to make changed MAC address permanent

Hi If suppose there is a MAC address of NIC port. I have change the MAC address through following command # ifconfig hme0 ether a:0:30:f0.ad:51 The change MAC address will be there till reboot. Now I would like to know how to make the change MAC address permanent. I believe that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

NFS4 mount

Hi all, I am trying to configure an NFS4 server and client. I have been through the entire setup and i have managed to mount the directory as i wanted to however it doesn't seem quite right. My server is "swstage", the NFS4 pseudofilesystem is "/NFS4", the directory i am trying to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
7 Replies

7. Solaris

how to make IP address permanent.

Greetings, I am using solaris10 x86 OS. I configured IP address using the command. >ifconfig e1000g0 plumb >ifconfig e1000g0 200.200.0.1 up How to make this configured IP as permanent.. to solaris os. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

NFS4 Mount issue - ASAP

Hi, I am trying to mount via nfs4 # mount -t nfs4 10.1.56.16:/Apps /works/apps/xyz Error: Warning rpc.idmapd apperas not to be running all uids will be mapped to the nobody uid mount to NFS server "10.1.56.16' failed RPC error: program/version mismatched pls help - this is coming... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Will authconfig make permanent change or lost after reboot?

Hi, I made following configuration to create user directory: # authconfig --enablemkhomedir --update But the directory is created as permission 755, I'd like to modify the script to change directory access permission to 700, where is the script which copies /etc/skel to /home... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add character to specific columns using sed or awk and make it a permanent change

Hi, I am writing a shell script where I want that # should be added in all those lines as the first character where the pattern matches. file has lot of functions defined a.sh #!/bin/bash fn a { beautiful evening sunny day } fn b { } fn c { hello world .its a beautiful day ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashima jain
12 Replies
gnome-panel(1)							   User Commands						    gnome-panel(1)

NAME
gnome-panel - display the GNOME panel SYNOPSIS
gnome-panel [--profile=profile] [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The GNOME panel displays an area on your screen, which acts as a repository for the main menu, application launchers, and applets. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --profile=profilUse the specified preferences profile. gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the GNOME Panel example% gnome-panel EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-panel Executable for GNOME panel ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-panel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Working with Panels Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-panel-preferences(1), gnome-panel-screenshot(1), gnome-desktop-item-edit(1), gnome-std-options(5), attributes(5) NOTES
Written by Mark McLoughlin, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 2 Oct 2003 gnome-panel(1)