Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to make NFS4 mount permanent ? Post 303005625 by System Admin 77 on Friday 20th of October 2017 09:59:58 AM
Old 10-20-2017
Thanks for your reply.

I usually use smitty nfs to mount NFSv3 share filesystems (or sometimes mount command).

I tired the same for NFSv4.

Code:
[root@nfsclient]/>smitty nfs
                                                                Add a File System for Mounting

Type or select values in entry fields.
Press Enter AFTER making all desired changes.

[Entry Fields]
*  Pathname of mount point                             [/mntpoint]                                                                                              /
* Pathname of remote directory                       [/nfs4share/test]
* Host where remote directory resides                [nfsserver]
  Mount type name                                    []
*  Security method                                     [sys]                                                                                                  +
* Mount now, add entry to /etc/filesystems or both?    both                                                                                                   +
* /etc/filesystems entry will mount the directory      yes                                                                                                    +
   on system restart.
* Mode for this NFS file  system                        read-write                                                                                            +
* Attempt mount in foreground or background            background                                                                                            +
  Number of times to attempt mount                    []                                                                                                      #
  Buffer size for read                                []                                                                                                      #
  Buffer size for writes                              []                                                                                                      #
  NFS timeout. In tenths of a second                  []                                                                                                      #
  NFS version for this NFS filesystem                  any                                                                                                   +
  Transport protocol to use                            any                                                                                                   +
  Internet port number for server                     []                                                                                                      #
* Allow execution of setuid and setgid programs        yes                                                                                                   +
   in this file system?
* Allow device access via this  mount?                  yes                                                                                                   +
* Server supports long device numbers?                 yes                                                                                                   +
* Mount file system soft or hard                       hard                                                                                                  +
  Minimum time, in seconds, for holding               [3]                                                                                                     #
   attribute cache after file modification
  Allow keyboard  interrupts on hard mounts?            yes                                                                                                   +
  Maximum time, in seconds, for holding               [60]                                                                                                    #
   attribute cache after file modification
  Minimum time, in  seconds, for holding               [30]                                                                                                    #
   attribute cache after directory modification
  Maximum time,  in seconds, for holding               [60]                                                                                                    #
   attribute cache after directory modification
  Minimum &  maximum time, in seconds, for             []                                                                                                      #
   holding attribute cache after any modification
  The maximum  number of biod daemons allowed          [6]                                                                                                     #
   to work on this file system
* Use acls on this  mount?                              no                                                                                                    +
  Number of NFS retransmits                           []                                                                                                      #
* Exchange POSIX pathconf information?                 no                                                                                                    +
* Inherit group IDs?                                   no                                                                                                    +

F1=Help                                F2=Refresh                              F3=Cancel                              F4=List
F5=Reset                               F6=Command                              F7=Edit                                F8=Image
F9=Shell                               F10=Exit                                Enter=Do

Please let me know if I need to provide additional details.

Thank you.

---------- Post updated at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:56 AM ----------

Received below error

Code:
Command: failed        stdout: yes           stderr: no

Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below.

mount: 1831-011 access denied for nfsserver:/nfs4shre/test
mount: 1831-008 giving up on:
nfsserver:/nfs4shre/test
The file access permissions do not allow the specified action.

But "mount" command worked as I mentioned above, do not how to make it permanent.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make ulimit change permanent

ulimit -a gives the following output:$ulimit -a time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) 2097152 data(kbytes) 131072 stack(kbytes) 16384 memory(kbytes) unlimited coredump(blocks) 32768 nofiles(descriptors) 400 vmemory(kbytes) 147456 Abot output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nervous
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to make and mount a Partition

Hi, I need to mount a new partition in a series of Pc that have a single hard drive of 20 GB; the used and partioned space amounts to 10 GB, between root, boot and swap; the script is to make the mounting process automatic These are the contents of my script: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HernandJ2
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how do i make a route entry permanent in the routing table on solaris 8?

how do I make sure that the entry in the routing table on Solaris 8 stay permanent after rebooting the server. For example route add 172.20.1.60 -netmask 255.255.255.0 172.20.255.253 Each time the server reboots the entry disappears when using the command netstat -nr (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make Environment Variable Permanent ??

How can i set a environment variable in unix shell ?? I can set it using setenv or export but when i close & open the terminal again i couldn't see that environment variable, how can i make that change permanent ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaditya
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Process to make changed MAC address permanent

Hi If suppose there is a MAC address of NIC port. I have change the MAC address through following command # ifconfig hme0 ether a:0:30:f0.ad:51 The change MAC address will be there till reboot. Now I would like to know how to make the change MAC address permanent. I believe that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

NFS4 mount

Hi all, I am trying to configure an NFS4 server and client. I have been through the entire setup and i have managed to mount the directory as i wanted to however it doesn't seem quite right. My server is "swstage", the NFS4 pseudofilesystem is "/NFS4", the directory i am trying to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
7 Replies

7. Solaris

how to make IP address permanent.

Greetings, I am using solaris10 x86 OS. I configured IP address using the command. >ifconfig e1000g0 plumb >ifconfig e1000g0 200.200.0.1 up How to make this configured IP as permanent.. to solaris os. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

NFS4 Mount issue - ASAP

Hi, I am trying to mount via nfs4 # mount -t nfs4 10.1.56.16:/Apps /works/apps/xyz Error: Warning rpc.idmapd apperas not to be running all uids will be mapped to the nobody uid mount to NFS server "10.1.56.16' failed RPC error: program/version mismatched pls help - this is coming... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Will authconfig make permanent change or lost after reboot?

Hi, I made following configuration to create user directory: # authconfig --enablemkhomedir --update But the directory is created as permission 755, I'd like to modify the script to change directory access permission to 700, where is the script which copies /etc/skel to /home... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add character to specific columns using sed or awk and make it a permanent change

Hi, I am writing a shell script where I want that # should be added in all those lines as the first character where the pattern matches. file has lot of functions defined a.sh #!/bin/bash fn a { beautiful evening sunny day } fn b { } fn c { hello world .its a beautiful day ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashima jain
12 Replies