Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX.com response times
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators UNIX.com response times Post 303005529 by Neo on Thursday 19th of October 2017 06:21:08 AM
Old 10-19-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksd8
I couldn't help but notice that over recent days response has been really fast (accessing from the UK).
I have read on the Internet that SSL (HTTPS) sites are often faster than HTTP sites; but not sure if this is the reason it seems faster.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with implementing the times() function in C (struct tms times return zero/negative values)

Hello, i'm trying to implement the times() function and i'm programming in C. I'm using the "struct tms" structure which consists of the fields: The tms_utime structure member is the CPU time charged for the execution of user instructions of the calling process. The tms_stime structure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

feasibility of opening a website link from unix and get a response in the form of xml or html

i just wanted to know whether is it possible to open a website link and get a response in the form of xml or html format... the website is of local network... for example something like this wget http://blahblah.samplesite.com/blachblahcblach/User/jsp/ShowPerson.jsp?empid=123456 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Response Times

Hello all. Let me qualify my question by saying that I am struggling with how to ask the question I am semi green but have no issue reading up if pointed in the right direction. Please be gentle! A RHEL server 6.2. Hosts a statistical application that has some web apps and batch programming... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh01
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Changing Times at UNIX.COM

Over the past year, I have written so much code at UNIX.COM, I've gained 4 KGs just sitting at my desk and not exercising! However, it seems that "no good deed goes unpunished" and not only have I sacrificed my health (gaining weight, not exercising as much), but there is also my family who is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Choosing VPN server based on server response times

Hello all, I am using the VPN provider Private Internet Access. I am using the Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB of RAM, performance on this upgraded board is great. Anyways I am connecting to its service using systemd's openvpn-client @ US_New_York_City.service I wonder if I can create a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: haloslayer255
5 Replies
RADRELAY(8)							 FreeRADIUS Daemon						       RADRELAY(8)

NAME
radrelay -- Deprecated command. DESCRIPTION
The functions of radrelay have been added to radiusd. One benefit is that one instance of radiusd can read multiple detail files, among others. The rlm_sql_log module does something similar, but for SQL queries. See it's man page for details. REPLICATION FOR BACKUPS
Many sites run multiple radius servers; at least one primary and one backup server. When the primary goes down, most NASes detect that and switch to the backup server. That will cause your accounting packets to go the the backup server - and some NASes don't even switch back to the primary server when it comes back up. The result is that accounting records are missed, and/or the administrator must jump through hoops in order to combine the different detail files from multiple servers. It also means that the session database ("radutmp", used for radwho and simultaneous use detection) gets out of sync. We solve this issue by "relaying" packets from one server to another, so they both have the same set of accounting data. See raddb/sites-available/buffered-sql for more information. BUFFERING FOR HIGH-LOAD SERVERS If the RADIUS server suddenly receives a many accounting packets, there may be insufficient CPU power to process them all in a timely man- ner. This problem is especially noticable when the accounting packets are going to a back-end database. Similarly, you may have one database that tracks "live" sessions, and another that tracks historical accounting data. In that case, accessing the first database is fast, as it is small. Accessing the second database many be slower, as it may contain multiple gigabytes of data. In addition, writing to the first database in a timely manner is important, while data may be written to the second database with a few minutes delay, without any harm being done. See raddb/sites-available/copy-to-home-server for more information. SEE ALSO
radiusd(8), rlm_sql_log(5) AUTHOR
The FreeRADIUS Server Project 23 October 2007 RADRELAY(8)