Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Weird issue - *ksh script not recognized when being called Post 303005512 by SIMMS7400 on Wednesday 18th of October 2017 09:32:14 PM
Old 10-18-2017
HI Scott -

Thank you so much!

Shebang is as follows:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh

Also source did not work as it says "source not found" and when using the . ./ method, it says ^M: not found.

The purpose is to call the _env file to set some variables.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with ksh script that uses sqlplus, called from PHP

I have a ksh script that connects to sqlplus and dumps the query results into a file. The script works file when I run it from the command line, however, when I call it from PHP using system(), exec(), or shell_exec() commands, the script doesn't seem to run the query. It will create the text file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: j2owilson
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Weird Awk issue

Hi All, a bit of a weird one here. I'm trying to pass a variable into an awk command, and I keep getting an error. I have the line nawk -F"," -v red=$random_variable '{print $red}' $w_dir/$file_name > $w_dir/${column_name} that keeps failing with the error nawk: can't open file {print... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
17 Replies

3. HP-UX

Weird Issue with crontab.

Hello all, Normally I'm pretty comfortable with crontab, changing and updating (done it many-a-time). But in the last two days I've been pulling my hair out over the following... Details of OS: HP-UX mdirect B.11.23 U ia64 2587410573 unlimited-user license Issue: Execute a script (very... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

weird issue about h, g, x in SED

I have a file called merge2.t: Hi Hello how are you. </Endtag> <New> I am fine.</New> This is a test. freelong how Here is the SED: sed -n ' /<\/Endtag>/ !{ H } /<\/Endtag>/ { x p } (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freelong
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a variables value from the called script to calling script using ksh

How do i get the value of the variable from the called script(script2) to the calling script(script1) in ksh ? I've given portion of the script here to explain the problem. Portion of Script 1 ============= ----- ----- tmp=`a.ksh p1 p2 p3` if then # error processing fi -----... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajarkumar
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script SQL timeout issue

Hi all, I have a KSH script which is kicking off an sql scripts as follows: /usr/local/installs/instantclient_10_2/sqlplus -s username/password @$sql_path/sql_query.sql > $tmp_path/sql_query_results The problem I have is that sometimes the 10g Oracle Database spits out an error saying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date command does not work in a KSH when called from Cron

Hi, I'm trying to execute a job on the last day of every month, for which i'm using the following code in my Korn shell script : if ]; then echo allowed only on last day of month. Today is `date +%d` >t.stm echo Tomorrow is `date +%d -d tomorrow` >s.stm exit 0 fi ... ....... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: devilsadvocate
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Weird SUID issue

Hi, I am setting up SUID permissions on a binary. It gets set for most of the users, however, 1 in 10 users is unable to set these. For those who works: > chmod 6555 Test > ls -l Test -r-sr-sr-x 1 A B 5524 Nov 15 14:53 Test For those where it doesn't work: > chmod 6555 Test... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Variable assignment issue Ksh script

Hi There, I am writing a ksh script which assigns variable values from file "A" and passes that variables to file "B". While passing the parameters an additional "$" sign is being assigned to awk -v option. Could any one help me with this please. #!/bin/ksh head -1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeevanm
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk issue expanding variables in ksh script

Hi Guys, I have an issue with awk and variables. I have trawled the internet and forums but can't seem to get the exactt syntax I need. I have tried using awk -v and all sorts of variations but I have hit a brick wall. I have spent a full day on this and am just going round in circles. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazza-o
3 Replies
TAP::Parser::Source(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				  TAP::Parser::Source(3pm)

NAME
TAP::Parser::Source - Stream output from some source VERSION
Version 3.17 SYNOPSIS
use TAP::Parser::Source; my $source = TAP::Parser::Source->new; my $stream = $source->source(['/usr/bin/ruby', 'mytest.rb'])->get_stream; DESCRIPTION
Takes a command and hopefully returns a stream from it. METHODS
Class Methods "new" my $source = TAP::Parser::Source->new; Returns a new "TAP::Parser::Source" object. Instance Methods "source" my $source = $source->source; $source->source(['./some_prog some_test_file']); # or $source->source(['/usr/bin/ruby', 't/ruby_test.rb']); Getter/setter for the source. The source should generally consist of an array reference of strings which, when executed via &IPC::Open3::open3, should return a filehandle which returns successive rows of TAP. "croaks" if it doesn't get an arrayref. "get_stream" my $stream = $source->get_stream; Returns a TAP::Parser::Iterator stream of the output generated by executing "source". "croak"s if there was no command found. Must be passed an object that implements a "make_iterator" method. Typically this is a TAP::Parser instance. "merge" my $merge = $source->merge; Sets or returns the flag that dictates whether STDOUT and STDERR are merged. SUBCLASSING
Please see "SUBCLASSING" in TAP::Parser for a subclassing overview. Example package MyRubySource; use strict; use vars '@ISA'; use Carp qw( croak ); use TAP::Parser::Source; @ISA = qw( TAP::Parser::Source ); # expect $source->(['mytest.rb', 'cmdline', 'args']); sub source { my ($self, $args) = @_; my ($rb_file) = @$args; croak("error: Ruby file '$rb_file' not found!") unless (-f $rb_file); return $self->SUPER::source(['/usr/bin/ruby', @$args]); } SEE ALSO
TAP::Object, TAP::Parser, TAP::Parser::Source::Perl, perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 TAP::Parser::Source(3pm)