Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl to extract whole number or decimal in regex Post 303005379 by cmccabe on Tuesday 17th of October 2017 01:24:19 PM
Old 10-17-2017
Thank you very much Smilie.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test decimal number

Hi, I would like test if a number is a decimal number or not (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: francis_tom
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl REGEX - How do extract a string in a line?

Hi Guys, In the following line: cn=portal.090710.191533.428571000,cn=groups,dc=mp,dc=rj,dc=gov,dc=br I need to extract this string: portal.090710.191533.428571000 As you can see this string always will be bettween "cn=" and "," strings. Someone know one regular expression to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick-ski
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add zero in decimal number

echo "scale=2; 282.73/640" | bc This will print .44 How to make the variable as 0.44 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting perl regex to sed regex

I am having trouble parsing rpm filenames in a shell script.. I found a snippet of perl code that will perform the task but I really don't have time to rewrite the entire script in perl. I cannot for the life of me convert this code into something sed-friendly: if ($rpm =~ /(*)-(*)-(*)\.(.*)/)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suntzu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

number of digits after decimal

Hi All, I have a file of decimal numbers, cat file1.txt 1.1382666907 1.2603107334 1.6118799297 24.4995857056 494.7632588468 560.7633734425 ..... I want to see the output as only 7 digits after decimal (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senayasma
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl extract number from file & write to file

I have 1 file that has elements as follows. Also the CVR(10) and the word "SAUCE" only appear once in the file so maybe a grep command would work? file1 CVR( 9) = 0.385E+05, ! VEHICLE CVR(10) = 0.246E+05, ! SAUCE CVR(11) = 0.162E+03, ! VEHICLE I need to extract the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: austinj
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching a decimal number?

Hi everyone! Easy question for everyone. I'm trying to run a command line to find an exact match of a decimal number within a file. The number can be a positive OR negative number. For instance, if I want to find only the number -1 in the file that has: -17.6 -17 -16.3 -16.2 -15.7 -15.3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucshi09
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract only decimal numbers for a glob of text

If you have a look at this thread, you'll see that users have been posting the output a script which are numbers that range from 2 to 5 decimal places. If I dump this entire thread to txt file, how can I: 1) Delete everything except for numbers of the following formats (where 'x' is a digit and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl, RegEx - Help me to understand the regex!

I am not a big expert in regex and have just little understanding of that language. Could you help me to understand the regular Perl expression: ^(?!if\b|else\b|while\b|)(?:+?\s+){1,6}(+\s*)\(*\) *?(?:^*;?+){0,10}\{ ------ This is regex to select functions from a C/C++ source and defined in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies
Text::Glob(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     Text::Glob(3)

NAME
Text::Glob - match globbing patterns against text SYNOPSIS
use Text::Glob qw( match_glob glob_to_regex ); print "matched " if match_glob( "foo.*", "foo.bar" ); # prints foo.bar and foo.baz my $regex = glob_to_regex( "foo.*" ); for ( qw( foo.bar foo.baz foo bar ) ) { print "matched: $_ " if /$regex/; } DESCRIPTION
Text::Glob implements glob(3) style matching that can be used to match against text, rather than fetching names from a filesystem. If you want to do full file globbing use the File::Glob module instead. Routines match_glob( $glob, @things_to_test ) Returns the list of things which match the glob from the source list. glob_to_regex( $glob ) Returns a compiled regex which is the equivalent of the globbing pattern. glob_to_regex_string( $glob ) Returns a regex string which is the equivalent of the globbing pattern. SYNTAX
The following metacharacters and rules are respected. "*" - match zero or more characters "a*" matches "a", "aa", "aaaa" and many many more. "?" - match exactly one character "a?" matches "aa", but not "a", or "aaa" Character sets/ranges "example.[ch]" matches "example.c" and "example.h" "demo.[a-c]" matches "demo.a", "demo.b", and "demo.c" alternation "example.{foo,bar,baz}" matches "example.foo", "example.bar", and "example.baz" leading . must be explictly matched "*.foo" does not match ".bar.foo". For this you must either specify the leading . in the glob pattern (".*.foo"), or set $Text::Glob::strict_leading_dot to a false value while compiling the regex. "*" and "?" do not match / "*.foo" does not match "bar/baz.foo". For this you must either explicitly match the / in the glob ("*/*.foo"), or set $Text::Glob::strict_wildcard_slash to a false value with compiling the regex. BUGS
The code uses qr// to produce compiled regexes, therefore this module requires perl version 5.005_03 or newer. AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002, 2003, 2006, 2007 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Glob, glob(3) perl v5.18.2 2017-10-06 Text::Glob(3)