Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Efficient awk way to add numbers in line fields Post 303005300 by SkySmart on Tuesday 17th of October 2017 01:08:44 AM
Old 10-17-2017
seems to be working now.

thanks all!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

add line numbers

Hello.. I have got one file ... I want to add line numbers with space form starting to ending.. for example...if the file is -------------------------- sand sorcd 2345 345 recds 234 234 5687 yeres 568 988 erfg4 67 -------------------------- I need the output ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: esham
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Add line numbers to end of each line

Hi i would like to add line numbers to end of each line in a file. I am able to do it in the front of each line using sed, but not able to add at the end of the file. Can anyone suggest The following code adds line number to start of each line sed = filename | sed 'N;s/\n/\t/' how can i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add line numbers in text file

Hi all How to add line numbers in text file.. ex abcd cdef result 1. abcd 2. cdef thx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add to constant fields at the end of every line

Hi, I want to add two fields with values '1000' and 'XYZ-1234' at the end of every line in a comma delimited file. Should I use any command in a loop to add the fields or using any single command Shall I acheive it? Kindly help me in code. Thanks, Poova. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poova
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK multiple line fields sorting

I have a bash script which takes a log file with each record separated by a #. The records have multiple fields but field $1 is always the date and time. When the script is run it prints the record just fine from oldest to newest. I need to have records print out from newest first. Here is the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Awk to Add Numbers

echo "0.1 2.0 0.4 2.0 4.3 1.0 6.0 9.0" | awk 'BEGIN {total=0} {total += $1} END {print total}' I want to add the above output from the echo command, but i can't figure this out. The output above always spits out inaccurate numbers. can someone please provide me with a one liner similar to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk (or other) script that assigns fields from a line to multiple variables

Hey all, Unfortunately I have only basic knowledge of awk and/or scripting. If I have a file with lines that can look similar to this: Name=line1 Arg1=valueA Arg2=valueB Arg3=valueC Name=line2 Arg1=valueD Name=line3 Arg1=valueE Arg3=valueF Name=line4 Arg2=valueG ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rike255
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add line numbers (multiples of 5: 0,5,10,15,20) to a text file?

Hi, I need to number the lines in my text file. I know how to do this with standard numbering (1,2,3,4, etc) but I need to count in multiples of 5, beginning 0,5,10,15... example existing file: abcd efg hijklm nopqrs desired output 0 abcd 5 efg 10 hijklm 15 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: livbaddeley
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - set numbers [ 1 ... n] from the 6 line

Hi, i have a file, where measurement-data is stored in the first column. The file has also a header of 5 lines. I want to set counting up numbers in front of any particular measurement-value; should start at the 6. line with starting number 1. i try to solve it with ... awk 'NR > 6 { print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to identify empty fields in line

I am trying to use awk to identify and print out records in fields that are empty along with which line they are in. I hope the awk below is close, it runs but nothing results. Thank you :). awk awk -F'\t' 'FNR==NR ~ /^*$/ { print "NR is empty" }' file file 123 GOOD ID 45... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
nagios3stats(8) 						      nagios							   nagios3stats(8)

NAME
nagios3stats - report statistics information from the nagios system SYNOPSIS
nagios3stats [-hVL] [-c config] [-m] [-d] DESCRIPTION
nagios3stats Is a program designed to provide information on the running nagios system. It can provide a brief summary of information, or it can be used to export specific information about the nagios system into an MRTG-compatible format. For more information please consult the nagios online documentation available at http://www.nagios.org or the documentation available with your nagios server's web page. OPTIONS
-c|--config=FILE The main configuration file. On debian systems this defaults to /etc/nagios3/nagios.cfg -m|--mrtg Print output in MRTG-compatible format. For more details run nagios3stats with --help -d|--data=VARS Comma-seperated list of variables to output in MRTG format. For more details run nagios3stats with --help. -h|--help A helpful usage message -V|--version Print version information -L|--license Print license details FILES
/etc/nagios3 Default configuration directory for nagios3 AUTHOR
nagios3 is written and maintained by Ethan Galstad <nagios@nagios.org>. This manual page was written by sean finney <seanius@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux operating system (but it may be freely used, modified, and redistributed by others). sean finney February 2006 nagios3stats(8)