Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Anybody want to talk about Krack? Post 303005245 by hicksd8 on Monday 16th of October 2017 08:03:14 AM
Old 10-16-2017
Anybody want to talk about Krack?

At face value this looks bad for Android 6 and Linux.

Wi-fi security flaw 'puts devices at risk of hacks' - BBC News
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

More on Write & Talk

Thanks for the comments, but I am still having problems. Certainly I did consult the man pages, but they didn't seem to help. So here is the scenario: Two computers are running Linux on a network, each assigned IP addresses & subnet masks from DHCP (NT Server). Both computers have a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssbrady
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Talk utility

Are "talk" sessions logged or can they be logged? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pbonilla
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

apple talk

Does anyone know how to route apple talk through a bridged connection ? :eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxamaynard
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Talk not working

Hi, I am trying talk but it isn't working. I tried talk ip terminal talk ip:terminal First it says: Then after 2 seconds I have checked the mesg status: Its y I am not getting any invitation on the other machine. Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

UNIX talk

I have the manpage for this utility on my system, but the utility itself is not there. My friend has the utility, but it does not work, not even on the same machine. Does anyone remember it? What software package is it related to? Where is it configured? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corona688
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

talk command to chat

Hi, Could you please advice on the following query: There are 2 users on a unix box: 1. aaaa 2. bbbb I open 2 putty sessions and login with the above 2 users. Then I type the following using the aaaa user to chat with bbbb. talk bbbb or talk bbbb@hostname Result: the screen goes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltonkeynesguy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to SSH and looking for short talk

Hello, I am starting to learn command in ssh. I was recommended to learn this for a few reasons and have been given some short phrases to decode so that I may better learn. While I am finding great information online about operators/operands/operations and also the command line structure Linux... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep for days
10 Replies

8. Programming

Bridging Talk

Hi! I would like to start creating a bridge for good old Unix talk program. This bridge would allow you to joinIRC-channel by using talk just for example. I have a couple of questions: 1. Are there any previous attempts or implementations creating Talk bridge? 2. Which version of the talk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: homebeach
9 Replies
flaw(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   flaw(7)

NAME
flaw - a Lua OO management framework for awesome WM widgets DESCRIPTION
flaw stands for Fully Loaded AWesome. It is a LUA object oriented library providing a thin abstraction layer above awesome widgets. It is aimed at being simple and resources efficient. To achieve these goals, flaw provides the following concepts. gadgets To add functionality to awesome widgets, flaw defines gadget objects, which are a wrapper around a widget. All gadgets have proper- ties, events, a refresh mechanism and a data provider (see below). Gadgets can wrap all awesome widget type, namely text boxes, image boxes, graphs or progress bars. flaw provides many gadgets for common system information (like CPU or memory activity). provider flaw tries to minimise system access and data refresh. Since all information do not have the same expiration rate, all gadgets refresh independently. And since some gadgets can share information, all data is provided by providers which can be shared among gadgets. Providers maintain status data from the system and refreshes only when necessary (ie. when the gadget with the shortest refresh rate demands it). events Events are a way for the user to modify the gadget behaviour or properties when some conditions are met. An event is composed of a trigger, which computes the condition, and an action. Event triggers are tested by the providers only when data changes. Both the condition and the action are provided by the user. USAGE
flaw depends on the lua-filesystem package which can be found http://luaforge.net/projects/luafilesystem. Once installed, the following statement must be inserted in awesome configuration before any flaw gadget or mechanism is used. require('flaw') Using flaw consists in creating gadgets, passing them parameters to customize their display and events to add some behaviour to them, and then adding them in a wibox like any other awesome widget. flaw and awful gadgets can live together. The complete flaw documentation is available in Luadoc format. Enter the following command to generate it. LUA_PATH="path_toflaw/doclet/html/?;;" luadoc -d html --nofiles *.lua DIAGNOSTICS
flaw tries to recover upon bad invocations. When something wrong occurs, it outputs warning or error messages to stderr (for example, if awesome was started with xsession, output will be found in ~/.xsession-errors ). BUGS
Certainly a lot. AUTHOR
David Soulayrol <david.soulayrol at gmail dot net> SEE ALSO
awesome(1), awesome-client(1), awesomerc(5) FEBRUARY 2009 flaw(7)