Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error message during boot
Operating Systems SCO Error message during boot Post 303005166 by bill szabo on Saturday 14th of October 2017 12:08:20 PM
Old 10-14-2017
sco install cd -do see the read me file to create floppies
now have to pfind pc with floppy drive

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris boot problem boot error loading interpreter(misc/krtld)

When I installed the SOLARIS 10 OS first time, the desktop would not start up, this was because of network setup. Reinstalled worked. After a week due to some problem I had to reinstall OS, installation went fine and but when i reboot I get this error. cannot find mis/krtld boot error loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johncy_j
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Error message

Hi, My Solaris 5.8 system keeps getting this error at boot - "Can't set vol root to /vol" then /usr/sbin/vold: can't set vol root to /vol: Resource temporarily unavailiable Any idea what is wrong, and how do I fix it? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghuber
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error message

Hi, My Solaris 5.8 system keeps getting this error at boot - "Can't set vol root to /vol" then /usr/sbin/vold: can't set vol root to /vol: Resource temporarily unavailiable Any idea what is wrong, and how do I fix it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghuber
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error message

I am new to scripting. I am using the following script . BART.dat contains the string 'Y' . #!/bin/ksh cd /work/TCI/data_out file=`cat BART.dat` echo "$file" if ; then echo "true" fi When i am executing the above script i am getting the following error ./s.ksh: : not found ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Message

I keep getting an error message in a script im writing, this line is allways pointed out. if and this is the message i keep getting. line 32: [: 8: unary operator expected Whats wrong with it? Please Help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
5 Replies

6. SCO

stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot

hi SCO Unix 5.0.6 doesn't boot due to this problem: not a directory boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot Knows someone howto solve it? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
16 Replies

7. Linux

Problem in displaying message on RHEL6 on EFI during PXE boot

Hi, I am doing PXE boot for RHEL6.4 on EFI and want to display custom messsage before loading vmlinuz and initrd.img, which is not working. boot server side (In case of BIOS client): In /var/lib/tftpboot/default file I am putting the message in below format: SAY hello world boot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: indus123
0 Replies
FDWRITE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						FDWRITE(1)

NAME
fdwrite -- format and write floppy disks SYNOPSIS
fdwrite [-v] [-y] [-f inputfile] [-d device] DESCRIPTION
The fdwrite utility formats and writes one and more floppy disks. Any floppy disk device capable of formatting can be used. The fdwrite utility will ask the user (on /dev/tty) to insert a new floppy and press return. The device will then be opened, and queried for its parameters, then each track will be formatted, written with data from the inputfile, read back and compared. When the floppy disk is filled, the process is repeated, with the next disk. This continues until the program is interrupted or EOF is encountered on the inputfile. The options are as follows: -v Toggle verbosity on stdout. Default is ``on''. After device is opened first time the format will be printed. During operation progress will be reported with the number of tracks remaining on the current floppy disk, and the letters I, Z, F, W, R and C, which indicates completion of Input, Zero-fill, Format Write, Read and Compare of current track respec- tively. -y Do not ask for presence of a floppy disk in the drive. This non-interactive flag is useful for shell scripts. -f inputfile Input file to read. If none is given, stdin is assumed. -d device The name of the floppy device to write to. Default is /dev/fd0. The fdwrite utility actually closes the device while it waits for the user to press return, it is thus quite possible to use the drive for other purposes at this time and later resume writing with the next floppy. The parameters returned from device are used for formatting. If custom formatting is needed, please use fdformat(1) instead. EXAMPLES
The fdwrite utility was planned as a tool to make life easier when writing a set of floppies, one such use could be to write a tar-archive: tar cf -. | gzip -9 | fdwrite -d /dev/fd0.1720 -v The main difference from using tar(1)'s multivolume facility is of course the formatting of the floppies, which here is done on the fly, thus reducing the amount of work for the floppy-jockey. SEE ALSO
fdformat(1) HISTORY
The fdwrite utility was written while waiting for ``make world'' to complete. Some of the code was taken from fdformat(1). AUTHORS
The program has been contributed by Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
Diagnostics are less than complete at present. If a floppy is sick, and the inputfile is seekable, it should ask the user to frisbee the disk, insert another, and rewind to the right spot and continue. This concept could be extended to cover non-seekable input also by employing a temporary file. An option (defaulting to zero) should allow the user to ask for retries in case of failure. At present a suitable tool for reading back a multivolume set of floppies is missing. Programs like tar(1) for instance, will do the job, if the data has not been compressed. One can always trust dd(1) to help out in this situation of course. BSD
September 16, 1993 BSD